2017 OPEN DETAILS!
-The Open starts in 31 DAYS! Below are all the details and information for everything you’ll need to know regarding the Open for this year, whether you are participating or not. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING, as some is review and some is new.
– To sign up, go to games.crossfit.com (cost is $20). After signing up, select “CrossFit 515” as you affiliate and we will make sure you get added to Team 515.
– The workouts will be announced @ 7:00 pm on Thursdays each week on games.crossfit.com
– Athletes must submit their own scores, we will then be able to validate them for you. Scores must be submitted by 7:00 pm on Mondays. (There is nothing we can do if you forget).
– Athletes that have signed up for the Open MUST sign up for a workout time on ZenPlanner (https://trial-c661db2b.sites.zenplanner.com/login.cfm) as you will need to be judged. No exceptions. Everyone will be allowed ONE time slot per week to be judged. There will be a $10 fee for re-doing a workout (this will be paid online when signing up for a 2nd time slot in the same week).
– Just as we did last year, everyone will complete the workouts on Saturday morning. This created an awesome atmosphere and we had a lot of fun! There will also be a limited number of slots on Friday noon and evening and Monday morning and noon for those who have conflicts for Saturday.
— All time slots for all weeks are up, so if you have a conflict on a Saturday that you know about now, please go reserve one of the few Friday or Monday slots now. If anyone has any issues with ZenPlanner, please see Jaime.
– As far as heats go on Saturday we have 15 minute windows but we also have no idea how long the workout will be, so the heat times are merely an estimate. We will try to give everyone adequate heads up time before their heat, but our plan is to try and move through everyone as quickly as possible. If any heats are very low in numbers we may try and push some people together if people are ready to go.
– Everyone working out on Saturday MUST be there by 8:30, as that is when we will clearly go over the workout and range of motion standards. Please make yourself familiar with all of the details beforehand, it makes everything much easier when the athlete knows exactly what the judges are looking for as far as range of motion.
– Those not participating in the Open are still welcome to workout on Saturday morning at 8:30 like usual.
– Once again, we will have LOTS of athletes participating this year (which is AWESOME), and this is what we’ve come up with to make this run as smoothly as possible for everyone, but also with minimal disruptions to our normal classes. Thank you for working with us to make the Open a great experience for everyone. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please ask Jaime or Bobby.
— JUDGING: Just as we did last year, anyone who would like to help judge during the Open, please log on to my account at https://oc.crossfit.com/judges (user: email@example.com, password: Crossfit515) and go thru the online judges course. You do not need to pay or take the test at the end, we’d just like you to go thru the modules that review the movements that we will see in the Open and what to look for in a good rep. It should only take about an hour to do this. And then just let either Bobby or Jaime know that you have done this and we will put you down to help judge. We greatly appreciate the help!
– Finally, thank you in advance to all the 515 trainers and additional volunteers this year for judging. They work very hard during the Open to make sure everyone gets a fair and enjoyable experience!
– Get ready….this is going to be a fun year! 🙂