5/28/14

*RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY’S CLASS

Work up to a 5 Rep Max Back Squat

Then……..

Black/Blue/Grey WODs

3 Rounds For Time of:
10 Muscle-Ups (10 Pull-Ups AND 10 Ring Dips) (with Bands)
10 Overhead Squats (135/95) (95/65) (65/45) (45/25)

May “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for May

–  Chrissi – 1st Pull Up!!!
–  Abbie – 1st Pull Up!!!
–  Cory – 285# Clean
–  Jordanne – 225# Back Squat
–  Meghan – Legless Rope Climb
–  Kati – 200# Back Squat
–  Stephanie R. – 220# Back Squat
–  Beth – Legless Rope Climb

11 Responses to 5/28/14

Feeling beat up from Murph and heavy squat cleans, so I skipped Back Squat…

3RFT:
    10 MU’s
    10 OHS’s @ 135 – 6:49

Ready for a rest day.

• Steve says:

that’s why i skipped EVERYTHING today and stretched for 90 minutes. btw, i think i really kicked butt at my 90 minute stretching amrap. 😉

5 rep Back Squat – 205#

MUs/OHS rxd – 9:26

3. Meghan says:

Back Squat 155# attempted 165# and got 2 which I am happy about because that was my 1 rep just a few weeks ago.

Been adding extra squats in lately and 2014 is going to be the Summer of The Squat: Quest for 200#.

Metcon- with pullups and dips 25 or 26:??? still not an OHS fan.

4. Annette says:

Back Squat 165# x 5

PullUps / Ring Dips / OHS @ 95#: 24:38. 30 is a LOT of ring dips and I’m pretty sure they took at least 20 of the nearly 25 minutes. Probably not what the programmer intended … But I am maybe a little stubborn. Hopefully, the effort made me a little stronger??

Looking forward to YOGA tomorrow.

5. Wes says:

255# on squats. Had to skip the metcon after my “graceful” slip on about my 93 pullup or so from Murph. A few of you saw it, elbow still a bit swollen so rested it. Did 2min AMRAP of double unders. Got 161.

5 rep back squat – 160#. (160 actually felt better than the 155 I did first) I think that’s a good thing.

3 rounds – 17:18
    10 pull ups
    10 ring dips
    10 75lb OH squats
    (I officially do NOT like ring dips)

7. Brad Hurst says:

5 rep back squat – 315#

METCON (Modified with PU’s and Ring Dips): 12:25
    Every time I do ring dips, I gain infinitely more respect for those of you that can do muscle ups. I can barely do one ring dip! 🙂

8. Abbie says:

Seeing the vast differences in times on this WOD, I feel much better about having to scale on PU/dips. Hate dips, don’t mind OHS, getting (slowly) better at pull-ups though my hand took a beating after Murph. Ready for a skill day tomorrow!

9. Kady says:

No squats for me, did back squats yesterday… Guess I should have checked with the programmer before I decided to do that 😉
    Today as rx’d: 11:45

10. Eric says:

Saving legs for dam to dam this weekend.

Did 30 MUs for time at 10:33. That is a 4+ min PR for me. Did King Kong on Monday as Rx at 12:46. Squat cleans sucked.. 🙂