3/31/14

*RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY’S CLASS

Black/Blue/Grey WODs

As Many Rounds As Possible in 15 minutes of:
60 Feet Waiters Walk, Right Arm (53/35) (35/26) (26/18) (18/10)
30 KB Swings (53/35) (35/26) (26/18)
60 Feet Waiters Walk, Left Arm (53/35) (35/26) (26/18) (18/10)
6o Double Unders (30 Double Unders) (120 Singles)

March “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for March

–  Eric – 7 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Emily – Amanda As Rx’d
–  Todd T. – 1st Bar Muscle Up!!
–  Jacque – 1st Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups
–  Meredith – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Meredith – 30 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Angie – 5:36 Grace
–  Wes – 2:33 Grace
–  Danielle – 3:51 Grace
–  J.P. – 1:47 Grace
–  J.V. – 245# Squat Clean

9 Responses to 3/31/14

Congradulations to everyone finishing up this year’s Crossfit Open competition. Hope everyone learned a little bit more about themselves and will use that to set some new goals for the next year.

A big shout out to Steve for pushing through 14.5 this morning! Good work, that workout was a killer!

Now, on to cheering for our Regional qualifiers as they move on in the competition. If you have never made the trip out to Chicago to see a Regional competition, it is definitely worth the trip. We had a lot of people go last year and it is very exciting and inspiring to see it first hand. I would recommend to anyone who is contimplating going…just go. You’ll have a great time watching and checking out all of the vendors. They also have fun challenges that everyone can participate in and win prizes. Also, I know it helps our competitors to have as big of a cheering section as possible.

Great job to everyone!!!!

Crossfit Games Open 14.5 – 10:58

2. Pete Jones says:

I just want to thank everyone who took the time to judge my Open efforts. I know without their support and pushing I would not have done as well as I did. I learned a tremendous amount about me through this process and I look forward to continuing the learning process.

Nice words Billy. Thanks to all the judges!

3. Kady says:

Well said Billy! Great job to everyone!

This morning did “The Cinco’s” with Bobby.
    Cinco 1:
    3 RFT of:
    5 Deadlifts (405/265)
    5 pistols (53/35) all left, then all right
    Then 80 foot handstand walk
    (7 Minuute Time Cap)
    6:50

1 Minute Rest

Cinco 2
    3 RFT of:
    5 Muscle ups
    5 Deficit HSPU
    Then 90 Foot Overhead Walking Lunges (165/105)
    (7 minute Time cap)
    Finished 2 of my last 5 HSPU in the time cap… finished the whole thing in 12 something…

Happy Monday! It was nice to feel like it was “hot” before I even started working out today 🙂 Spring is here!

4. Meghan says:

What Billy said. Nice work to everyone at the gym!

And if you want to go to Regionals, but are not sure about where to stay or need help getting hooked up with people at the gym who are going please contact me. Hotels/parking ect is so much cheaper when we share:) And the bigger the group the more fun we all have.

Todays WOD rx 5 rounds + 3 KB swings

• Leann says:

Yep! It’s such a motivating experience. It’s a huge accomplishment to make it to regionals and our gym has SOOO much incredible talent that participates. So come out and show your 515 pride! Several of us are getting hotels lined up now so if you’re interested, just say the word 🙂

5. Brad Hurst says:

Great work everyone! This was my first Open and I couldn’t have gotten through it without you guys pushing me through the workouts…especially 14.5! I think that is what is so cool about the Open – people of all ability levels pushing themselves to their limit and us coming together and supporting one another during those challenging workouts.

Plus, I can FINALLY do double unders! Nothing like the Open and the prospect of getting a zero on my first workout to get me motivated to learn those! 🙂

6. Mindy says:

Great job everyone who participated in the Open! It was awesome to see everyone working so hard!

Regionals are a wonderful experience, we are so excited to go again and cheer for 515ers!!! I would also highly reccomend the trip to anyone who hasn’t been to one before!

Today’s WOD 4 rounds plus 23kb swings.

7. Jordanne says:

515 monthly dues: $120
    Crossfit Open: $20
    The privilege of sharing one of the best experiences of my life with everyone here: Priceless

Today w/53# – 2 rounds 20 DUs
    Billy and Curtis showed me glute-ham developers today. Jury’s still out if I should thank or strangle them.

8. Eddie Mrowka says:

Scaled WOD (30 DU’s each round)
    2 rds + 18 DU’s