2014 Open Info

Here is a little information, some old and some new, about the Open to make sure everyone is on the same page.

–  The workout will be announced @ 7:00 pm on Thursdays on games.crossfit.com

–  Athletes must submit their own scores, I will then be able to validate them for you

–  Athletes that have signed up for the Open must sign up for your workout time on ZenPlanner (just as you do for normal classes) as you will need to be judged

–  Our intent is to have most people complete the workouts on Saturday mornings, but there are a few slots open on Friday afternoons and all Monday

–  As far as heats go on Saturday we have 15 minute windows but we also have no idea how long the workout will be, so the heat times are merely an estimate.  We will try to give everyone adequate heads up time before their heat, but our plan is to try and move through everyone as quickly as possible.  If any heats are very low in numbers we may try and push some people together if people are ready to go.

–  Everyone working out on Saturday MUST be there by 8:30, as that is when we will clearly go over the workout and range of motion standards.  Please make yourself familiar with all of the details beforehand, it makes everything much easier when the athlete knows exactly what the judges are looking for as far as range of motion.

–  If anyone has signed up for a time that they would like to change just let Jaime or me know because it will not let you delete any times you have signed up for.

–  Those not participating in the Open are still welcome to workout on Saturday morning at 8:30 like usual.

–  I think I covered most of the details I wanted to get out there, but feel free to comment and ask away if anything is unclear.

–  This is going to be fun 🙂

This entry was posted in Events, WOD. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 2014 Open Info

1. Curtis says:

Who is going to judge Cory when he knocks on the door at noon on Saturday???? I told him he owes me 5 of his reps for the save.

2. Eric says:

Boo! 14.1 Starting off with a major weakness for me Double Unders…

3. Leann says:

I’m excited! For two years I’ve never gotten the opportunity to do doubleunders because I was too busy throwing a 14# ball in the air and praying it was high enough 🙂

4. Kady says:

I watched Bobby’s video of 11.1…. He looked like he died at the end… I’m scared :/

5. taylor says:

Good luck everyone!! Have Fun. 🙂

6. Brad Hurst says:

I been working on double unders for over a year now with no success. One of my colleagues and one of my students at JHS gave me a few pointers tonight in the JHS weight room and I actually did a couple! 🙂

If my score for 14.1 is over zero, that will be a HUGE accomplishment for me on my Crossfit bucket list!

• Eric says:

I set the bar pretty low so I am sure you will be fine..lol.

• Annette says:

Lots of people working on getting double unders, thought I’d share this.

This You Tube playlist is a 7 part series posted by the Rx Jump Ropes guy for developing double unders: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdWB7me-GcsZdNkVcNMFYibitss5dUPCt

They helped me to string together longer sets. I’m a dork, but I also recorded myself a few times to see what was going wrong when I tripped (and to see if I looked at all like the demonstrator as far as posture, etc.). It was almost always arm creep (up or out or both) and then just not bounding high enough. I would get tired fast and my feet were barely leaving the ground after just a few reps 😉

I think once you can string some together, it’s just practice & patience to find your rhythm.