12/7/12

For time:
Overhead squat, 30 reps (95/65) (65/45) (45/35)
7 Muscle-ups (3 x Pull Ups & Dips) (with Bands)
Overhead squat, 20 reps (95/65) (65/45) (45/35)
5 Muscle-ups (3 x Pull Ups & Dips) (with Bands)

Post times to comments.

December “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for December

–  Patrick – Butterfly Pull Ups!
–  Brandon – Bar Muscle Up!
–  Mindy – 155# C&J
–  Brandie – 165 Power Clean
–  Patrick – 100 Pull Ups in 8:22 (‘lil freak)
–  Jeff – Bar Muscle Up!
–  Leann – 125# Power Clean

27 Responses to 12/7/12

1. Wes says:

Overhead Squats and muscles ups: 13:31. Attempted the MUs each round…so close to getting a few…ended up doing the pullups/ring dips. Can’t wait till I can do MUs in a WOD. Thanks Bobby for the tips.

Today’s wod, as rx’d: 7:12. From a range of motion standpoint, I think today is the first day where my ohs weren’t totally sucky…maybe half sucky. A big step for me.

And then 2 minute max double under throwdown with everyone in the gym: 126.

Fun way to start my Friday.

3. Annette says:

Today’s WOD (Pullups/Ring Dips): 8:09. I like OHS! Ring dips, not so much.

DoubleUnder Throwdown: 78. That was fun … I love crossfitters, Todd throws out a challenge and before you know it the clock is running and a dozen people are jumping rope – even the ones that just walked in the door! Makes me smile. 🙂

Today’s WOD as Rx’d- 5:42

Todd’s 2 min doubleunder throwdown- 173 ..Fun little Friday morning challenge, thanks Todd 🙂

5. Alison says:

I didn’t feel so good about today’s workout! THis is my first week at Crossfit (started on Tuesday). I am so sore but I wish I would have pushed myself a little more. I missread the WOD the day too so I am a little disappointed, I only did dips instead of dips and pull ups. I know my strength will get better with time, it is just hard to not be able to do certain things, even though I’ve been working out (lifting, spinning, running, body pump) and getting in shape for over a year. Anyone have good tips to newbies? After my two week trial is up (end of next week) I will be joining because I know this is what I really need to get me to my fitness goals.

• Meghan McCoy says:

CrossFit is one of those things where you can PR one day and get owned by a workout the next. I think that is one of the reasons it is so challenging and yet so rewarding. You will learn to push yourself more and more with each workout. And what I have found through by own frustrations is you have to trust the process. There is a reason CF isn’t an 8 week class it’s more of a lifestyle. Keep working hard and welcome to 515:)

• Alison says:

Thank you! This really helps 🙂 I do need to be more patient and trust the process! Glad to be apart of 515 already!

• Leann says:

Welcome Alison! I think you might have been leaving last night when I was just getting started and I didn’t get a chance to say hello! Meghan has great advice. I would add that you should track your workouts. I wish I had from the beginning. Yes, cf is competitive but your biggest competition is yourself. When you do the same wod 3-6 months from now and see how much more weight you can lift or how much time you cut out… that’s when you are hooked! Also, don’t be afraid to ask anyone at the gym for help. There is an amazing group of athletes at 515 and everyone wants you to succeed. (Another cool cf trait!) Lastly, I know when I started I would finish a short wod and then not know what to do next and I wanted to keep going. Pick a skill that you have had trouble with during a wod and work on it. I used to go doubleunders everyday until I was covered in whip marks!

• Lindsay says:

Everything Meghan and Leann said! Take it one day at a time. Many of us started Crossfit already in good shape, or so we thought, but nothing can prepare you for Crossfit except Crossfit. I’ve been doing it for 2 1/2 years and still have frustrating days, but the fact that there’s always something to work on and improve at is what keeps me hooked.

Welcome to 515!

Got the atlas stone up to my shoulder for the first time and figured out how to do butterfly chest to bar pull ups, then found out I have not gotten any better at strict handstand push ups. Time to stop avoiding those.

Good work on the 125# clean, Beth!! Very exciting to watch 🙂

• Adam P says:

I have been training with the ‘cantaloupe method’ for years now. Every chance I get to take on some mean looking fruit I find that I am up for the challenge with my never back down attitude. Watch this video carefully folks, this is the Crossfit of street fighting right before your eyes. I only bash fruit against my head for about an hour a day but this guy is a pro…..he does it for TWO hours!

• Curtis R says:

Yes! A mullet, sweatpants, and a cantelope equal the making of one BA video! Hiyaaa!!

7. Meghan McCoy says:

Did some B. Noyce programming with Z and Bobby this morning front squats didn’t go great but surprisingly handstand push-ups went well. Loving the strength work, I think Bobby might know what he’s talking about with this stuff:)

At noon did today’s WOD with bar muscle ups 15:57.

8. John Jackovin says:

OHS went well. MU’s did 3/2/2 first set. Second set did 2 then spent, who knows, 5, 6 minutes trying to bang out 3. Oh well, I did it as Rx’d.

9. Meghan McCoy says:

And GOOD LUCK Jaime in Springfield this weekend! Lots of updates please, you are going to kill it!