11/27/12

Split Jerk – Find a 1 Rep Max

Then……..

MYSTERY

From Lauren:

“Although I am very excited to be embarking on my Wild West adventure, it is with a sad and heavy heart that I leave my 515 family behind. You have all meant so much to me especially since the majority of my time in Des Moines has been solo with Kevin either being deployed to Iraq or off location for Union Pacific and my family 20 hours away in Georgia.  As I reflect back on my time, I am so grateful to each of you for the smiles, life-long friendships, healthy competition and daily push you gave me because there were honestly times I just did not know how I was going to get through. And yet every time I walked through those doors, I never felt like I was facing it alone and that shows what a special group we truly are. I have been amazed daily at the caliber of people we have, not just as athletes but as individuals, and realize that I have been blessed beyond belief to be a part of such an awesome gym. Saturday was very special for me because I was able to WOD with so many of you one more time before I left and leaving you is definitely the hardest part of this move. For those of you were absent, I am sorry you missed out but am sure you could make it up if you’d like 😉 Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of 515 and just know that there is ALWAYS an open door in Wyoming should you want to venture out West. Love, Lauren”

November “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for November

–  Kelli – “Kelly” as Rx’d
–  Adam M. – Fran in 3:18
–  Taylor – 130# Split Jerk x 2
–  Brian S. – Strict Muscle Up
–  Jordanne – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Jess – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Meghan – 95# Snatch
–  Kelsey – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Aryn – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Joe K. – Bar Muscle Up!!
–  Mark – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Jaime – 14 Consecutive Strict Handstand Push Ups
–  Nathan – 1st Bar Muscle Up!
–  Josh – 1st Bar Muscle Up!
–  Reid – 1st Muscle Up!
–  Jim – No Foot Rope Climbs
–  Justin V. – 225# Split Jerk
–  Nathan – 1st Muscle Up!!
–  Josh – 1st Muscle Up!!
–  Patrick – Bar Muscle Up!
–  Jordan – Bar Muscle Up!
–  Van – 1st Muscle Up!
–  Adam P. – 200# Clean!
–  Josh – 1st Musle Up!
–  Jordan – Bar Muscle Up!
–  Justin P. – 13 Consecutive Bar Muscle Ups
–  Joe K. – 1st Muscle Up!!
–  Adam P. – 285# Back Squat
–  Pat – 1st Muscle Up!
–  Curtis – Bar Muscle Up!
–  Annette – 175# Back Squat
–  Jaime – 140# Snatch
–  Lauren – 3:49 Fran
–  Nate – 2:30 Fran
–  Adam P. – 3:35 Fran
–  Jordanne – 85# Snatch

20 Responses to 11/27/12

Bummed I didn’t get to see you off on Saturday, Lauren! Not bummed I missed the workout 😉

Your energy will be missed at 515! Best of luck out west. Just think of it as an extended altitude training cycle!

• Lauren says:

Sad I missed you & Landon too but know we will see ea other again so am not totally devastated 🙂 And there’s def some high altitude here. I was winded going up the stairs. Lol! Super excited for double push up burpees today though! I do love my push ups 😉

Yesterday – Front Squats (205#) and Pullups – 4:11

Maybe should have gone heavier but it was about as heavy as I probably could have done yesterday and still kept it unbroken

Today was NOT a split jerk day. My shoulder wasn’t feeling it so I stopped at 125#. Mystery wod – 77 reps. Michelle, I knew your score going in to my last round, so thanks for the push 😉

4. Michelle says:

Split Jerk 115-125-135-145-155-165(f)-160(f)
    Mystery WOD 75

5. Annette says:

Split Jerk: 95-105-115-125-135(f)-135-140 (5# PR).

Mystery: 57. That was tough after the split jerks – my arms were tired and noodle-y.

I opted to do clean & jerks. I cleaned 185#, which is a 5# PR, but the most I got on split jerk today was 165#. Very weird for me to clean a weight and not be able to put it overhead…in fact, I’m not sure that’s ever happened to me before. Oh well, I’ll be happy with my clean PR and get those jerks next time 😉
    Goal: 200# clean & jerk!
    Mystery WOD as Rx’d: 91 reps

7. Ben says:

split jerks got to 235 and failed on 245 about 17 times. didn’t have it today. next time!

8. Mindy says:

Split Jerk 7×1: started out with a goal of 155#
    115-125-135-140-145-150-155!
    That felt good, so I kept going…ended up at 170#

Mystery 69

9. Taylor says:

115, 120,125, 130, 135, 140, 145(f)

Lost it at 145….still a 10lb PR.

Thanks for the tips Jaime!!

10. Jordanne says:

Lots of jerks got split today – colour me (extremely) impressed and really wanting to improve my technique :O

Split jerks topped out at 125#, with a heaping side of fails; mystery @ 61. Annette’s right – post split jerks = arms. limp. noodles.