Athlete of the Month: Michelle Clark

Athlete of the Month: Michelle Clark

CrossFit Birthday: October 24 2011

How did you hear about CrossFit?
I had a friend on Facebook and I would see him posting things about CrossFit that I thought looked awesome. I asked him if he had any recommendations about a CrossFit gym and he said CrossFit 515. That was in July 2011. In October of that year I went to Houston, TX to the UFC fan expo and there was a CrossFit competition at the expo that was one of the greatest things I had ever seen! I got to watch these athletes do things I didn’t know were possible and when I came home, I knew I had to give it a shot.

Favorite/least favorite movements or workouts?
My favorite movements are Power or Hang Cleans, Overhead Squats and Turkish Get-ups.
My favorite workouts are; “Grace”, “DT”, and I love strength days! I have developed a much better relationship with rope climbs & pull-ups/chest to bar pull-ups and look forward to these movements now.

My least favorite movement is ring dips.

How has CrossFit changed your life?
CrossFit has had a HUGE impact on my life over the past year. Like some I thought I was in fairly good shape when I started CrossFit. I have worked out for years and had even done functional training, but nothing had prepared me for what I would be doing or what I was actually capable of at CrossFit. My overall fitness has improved drastically from lifting heavy weights to moving weights & myself fast and acquiring skills like Double Unders and Snatch. I’ve had opportunities to travel and compete with and against athletes I look up to. More than that I have been around people on a daily basis that are doing things they never thought they could do and their effort is so inspiring. The principals of CrossFit have transferred over in to other areas of my life, I have maintained a 3.2 + GPA since going back to school (which is way higher than what I had gotten in the past). The idea of setting goals and working hard to meet them has motivated me more than ever since starting CrossFit.

Job Info: I work as the Director of Girls Student Ministry at Point Of Grace Church.

Family Info: My parents are George and Becky, I have an older brother Todd and I am an identical twin to my sister, my biggest cheerleader, favorite training partner, and best friend Mindy.

Something Funny/Interesting about me: I love MMA, I enjoy training/ and used to compete in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/Submission wrestling. My favorite color is Red.

Favorite Saying: Oddly enough I don’t have a favorite saying, and I tend to balk at “motivational quotes”. (I hate for that to sound bad) I have heard Bobby Noyce say something though that definitely rings true…
“Anything’s better than nothing, nothing’s better than CrossFit.”
I like that one.

Most/least favorite song to WOD to?
I am equally thrilled with anything; Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot as I am with anything HOV, Kanye, and Lil Wayne.

Favorite Movie: Office Space

Back to Resources page

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Athlete of the Month: Michelle Clark

1. Tiffany Kragnes says:

She’s an MMA junkie! 🙂 Not only is this girl trained and competes in jiu-jitsu/submission wrestling but also crossfits….thus I must say…she’s one useful, badass hottie! 🙂

2. Annette says:

CONGRATULATIONS, Michelle! You are an inspiring athlete and person: strong, smart, determined, caring, always improving and always encouraging. A real beauty inside & out!! 🙂 🙂

• Shelley says:

Wow, I don’t think I can say that better than Annette just did. You are a very special person and I feel blessed to have come to know you through CrossFit.

Loved reading this, Michelle!!! Ditto everything Annette said. You are amazing. Definitely someone I would wanna have with me in a life or death situation 😉

4. taylor says:

Michelle, I thought you were a badass for a long time and have seen you get FASTER and stronger over the last few months (that I’ve been a crossfit)! you are an amazing person and 1000% deserve to be Athlete of the Month! CONGRATS!

Well deserved Michelle! Your dedication, drive, and ability are inspiring! t.

6. Mindy says:

Congratulations Sissy! I couldn’t be more proud of you, I teared up when you told me and I’m doing it again :’)

Inside the gym you are so strong, super fast and dedicated to improving, and helping anyone and everyone around you become the best they can be.

Outside of the gym, you are also one of the strongest people I know, run fastest to help your friends or strangers for that matter whenever anyone needs help and dedicated to seeing people grow in Christ.

It’s quite a privilege to have my biggest cheerleader, favorite training partner, and best friend be athlete of the month!!!

7. Lauren Springer says:

Yay Michelle! Super proud of you/your accomplishments & honored to call you my friend. You & Mindy are two of the most positive people I know & I only hope one day I can emulate your attitudes both inside the gym and my every day life. You are truly awesome & I love training with you. Well deserved!

8. Meghan says:

Can’t even put into words how great you are in every way, in and out of the gym. From hill sprints and bleachers to pool workouts and Tuesday adventures you are always up for anything and everything. I am absolutely blessed to have you has a training partner/best friend. Congrats on being athlete of the month you deserve it!

I know her 🙂

10. Leann says:

Um, I’m not sure there’s much left to say! Everything everyone said about you is so true! Awesome person and athlete! Congratulations!

11. Jordanne says:

Everything everyone said with rainbow kitten-eye lasers <3

What can I say, Michelle, I remember telling both Bobby and Lance last year after you came in how excited I was to have yet another awesome girl athlete in the gym…then I came to find out what an amazing person you are, and only then did I realize how truly excited I should have been that day 🙂 Thank you for being who you are and for everything you do. 515 and I are definitely better because of you. Congratulations!!

13. Michelle says:

Wow…Thank you all for such kind words. This made my month, I love this gym 🙂