10/25/12

For time:
Row 500 meters or 400m Run
30 reps Weighted Push Ups (45/25) (25/10) (No Weight)
Row 1000 meters or 800m Run
20 reps Weighted Push Ups (45/25) (25/10) (No Weight)
Row 2000 meters or 1600m Run
10 reps Weighted Push Ups (45/25) (25/10) (No Weight)

Post time to comments.

October “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for October

–  Shelley – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Meghan – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  J.V. – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Lauren – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Susan C. – 1st Rope Climb
–  Bob – 1st Rope Climb
–  Kady – Power Clean 175#
–  Wes – 1st Muscle Up!!!
–  Mindy – 1st Bar Muscle Up!
–  Lance – Power Clean 300#
–  Mitch – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Nate – Hang Power Snatch 195#
–  Jordyn – 1st Pull Up!
–  Jess – 6:50 Mile
–  Jeff – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Jordanne – 95# Clean
–  Jerit – 57 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Jess – 1st Pull Up!!
–  Tony – 12 Consecutive Bar Muscle Ups
–  Bob J. – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Claire – 1st Pull Up!!
–  Jordyn – 1st Rope Climb
–  Ben K. – 1st Bar Muscle Up (followed by 3 consecutive)
–  Michelle – 6:40 Mile
–  Annette – 96# G2S Atlas Stone
–  Michelle – 1st Bar Muscle Up!
–  Jodi – 1st Rope Climb

–  Jared – 1st Bar MU & then 1st Ring MU within 2 Minutes of Each Other

18 Responses to 10/25/12

Last night: Did yesterday’s workout with a twist
    21-15-9
    kb swings (88#)
    Lateral jumps over 30″ target

4:39

First time partying with “the donger” and I am pretty sure it was swinging me more than I was swinging it.

This months cool board is getting huuuuge! Awesome stuff happening at the 515

Today’s WOD as Rx’d – 23:21
    Well, found something I enjoy less than pushups…weighted pushups. Not a fan.

3. Tony says:

Today’s mainsite WOD (bodyweight benchpress instead of weighted pushups) as Rx’d – 19:08 using 175#

4. John Jackovin says:

Mainsite WOD as Rx’d at 230# – 27:19 a PR of 5:15. You were right Bobby that was much better than in May.

• Lindsay says:

Summary: women can’t do pull-ups because they are not as strong and are fatter than men.

• Jim says:

My conclusion is that only “exceptional” women can do pull-ups

• Bobby says:

My summary of the article – women, and some men, cannot do pull ups because they are really hard + (add whatever dozen excuses they had) and only people very dedicated to physical fitness can do them. Therefore, it is a terrible measure of physical fitness…….wait what?
          I understand the point the author was trying to make but he did a terrible job of making it and was looking at it incorrectly. Pull ups are a great measure of physical fitness, as long as it is ONE OF MANY tests. The fact that fewer females can even do a single pull up simply means that you will not get to see the separation between all of those that cannot do one. But as long as you have other tests it seems like a silly argument.
          However, I did like how the “genius” doing the study started to figure out that the power output for people of different sizes is different for bodyweight exercises depending on weight and height, that is genius, I wonder if anyone else has ever thought about that?

• John Jackovin says:

Ummmm, yeah. Tall and heavy sucks. The true test is doing 60 reps of bench at 230#’s and rowing 3500m in under 30 minutes. 🙂

• Jim says:

I fail John’s test. But then again, I couldn’t do a pull-up until I was 54 years old, so there’s still hope.

• Brian says:

chicks doing pullups, huge turn up! just saying.

• Annette says:

Haha – I read this today, too.

1. Hate the headline. It’s stupid. Of course women can do pullups!!
      2. Agree with Jim. Exceptional. 😉 Probably enough said.

But you know me, so …

3. Agree with Bobby. It’s only one measure of fitness and this article was poorly written. Egads. I feel sorry for the researcher, this article does not make him look too impressive… much of the problem lies with the headline but what exactly was the point of his study? Did he really get research money to prove that in 3 months he could get some women to be able to do a pullup?

4. Agree with Brian — any guy who doesn’t think a girl doing pullups is all kinds of AWESOME is CRAAAAAZZZZY!

5. I expect to forever fail to match John’s awesomeness today – that would be INSANE. But it did leave me wondering how I could calculate that % increase in upper body strength after 1 year of Crossfit? I wonder how they measured it?

Signed,
      I <3 Pullups

• Annette says:

You gotta go to mainsite and check out the response collage & video.

Love it.

5. Adam P says:

Today with du’s and 45lb plate push ups = 15:18. Too many double unders.

6. Tiffany Kragnes says:

19:17, rowed and used 15# plate for the pushups. Having a flu shot in one arm and blood drawn in the other two hours before doing this….not so fun….