10/11/12

Make Up/Challenge/Skill DAY

October “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for October

–  Shelley – 1st Bar Muscle Up

2. Michelle says:

I LOVE that pic!! Way to go Megs 🙂

Woohoo Lauren on your bar muscle up! Next time we’ll get it on video 🙂

4. Mindy says:

Great pic Megs! You’re a star 🙂

G.I. Jane as rx’d 16:28

Awesome job this morning on the bar muscle up Lauren and on the rope climb Susan!

Heard about the bar MU thing morning, Lauren! WAY TO GO!!! Amazing how many ladies (+ Justin) have gotten their first bar MU recently — must be contagious 🙂

7. Meghan says:

YAY LAUREN! Thats awesome chick, way to go!

8. Jordanne says:

I wish muscle ups were contagious – I’d be begging to be sneezed/coughed/breathed on. Great job, everyone!

• Jordanne says:

You can call me Rosie, because all I did was clean today. Thanks to Jaime & Bobby for all the pointers – one day I’ll have the fastest elbows in the West.

Controversial topic for the day….California Prop. 37. I am looking for constructive discussion. I’ve spent the last hour looking at pros and cons. It seems that the “yes” side has good intent, and yet, in my opinion, lacks specificity and has several special interest exemptions (soy milk is covered, but cow’s milk is exempt, dog food with meat requires labeling, but meat for human consumption does not). And while I applaud the effort of the “yes” side for transparency, it seems that they ignore the findings of the American Medical Association, the World Health Organization, and the National Academy of Sciences which say that there is no need to differentiate genetically engineered foods. Also, according to several newspapers, it seems that the proposition is sloppily and hastily written. The newspapers include the San Francisco Chronicle, the Los Angeles Times, the San Jose Mecury News, and the Santa Cruz Sentinel.

So, my question for the day…or several questions. Is this a simple yes or no issue? As with most issues today, it seems to be driven by extremity. Is there middle ground? As a crossfitter, I want to act on facts and scientific reasoning versus heresay, emotion, and second-hand opinion.

What have others read? What is the source of opinion?

Thanks!

10. Lauren says:

Thanks for all the MU wishes everyone!

Did 500m row then 2rounds 10 reps ea Burpees, pull-ups, ghd sit-ups and air squats then 100 DUs in 9:58. DUs took a little longer than expected so def on the skill list now!

Also did part 1 of the Battle of the Boxes wod w/ DL#155 BJ 24″ ladder 8rounds 3 BJs then finally got a bar MU so great day at the gym 🙂

11. Ben says: