10/2/12

Nate

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
2 Muscle-ups (3 x PU’s/Dips) (with Bands)
4 Handstand Push-ups (Ab-Mat Under Head) (Feet on Box)
8 Kettlebell swings (70/53) (53/35) (35/26)

Post rounds completed to comments.

October β€œCOOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for October

– Β Shelley – 1st Bar Muscle Up

– Β Billy – 215# Overhead Squat

26 Responses to 10/2/12

If anyone is squimmish I don’t recommend the video below………it is turrifying πŸ™

2. Justin Vaught says:

DT – 10:50 – I can’t be too upset with a PR but definitely frustrating when the last 2 rounds are slower than the first 3. Just fell off a cliff. With out a doubt going sub 10 next go

3. Tiffany Kragnes says:

Still sore from last Friday: Nate: 9 rounds + 5 kb’s. Everything in the red for me today, no rx’ed. πŸ™

“Nate” as Rx’d (with strict HSPUs) – 12 rounds + 3 HSPUs
    Last time (in January) 9 rounds + 4 HSPUs

Nate, as rx’d: 10 rds + 2 mu.
    Last January, I did 8 rounds even.

Nate – 6 rounds + 2 MUs. Not rx’d because I’m trying to force myself to work on strict HSPUs, so went to 1 ab-mat. But importantly, first post-prego workout with muscle ups! Woohoo πŸ™‚ Now that I know I can do them again, time to work on being good at them again. Thanks for cheering me on, Meghan!

7. tara says:

Awesome to read all the PRs happening!!

I wanted to share something I read while in a training session last week. We read an excerpt from “Great by Choice” and I couldn’t help but think how it relates to a mindset you would see in the Crossfit Community. In it, it talks of 2 leaders philosophies. One of the leaders, Amundsen’s, philosophy – “You don’t wait until you’re in an unexpected storm to discover that you need more strength and endurance. You don’t wait until you’re shipwrecked to determine if you can eat raw dolphin. You don’t wait until you’re on the Antarctic journey to become a superb skier and dog handler. You prepare with intensity, all the time, so that when conditions turn against you, you can draw from a deep reservoir of strenth. And equally, you prepare so that when conditions turn in your favor, you can strike hard.”
    So maybe not the eat dolphin part πŸ™‚ but I think you ge the point – train with intensity and prepare for the unknown! #crossfit

8. kady says:

Nate as rx’d (kipping hspu) 11 rounds + 3 hspu ? i dropped my magnet, so i’m not 100% sure that is correct πŸ™

9. taylor says:

Nate, Pu’s/red band dips, 2abmats and 45lb kb. 6rds+6pu’s

Did a few hspu’s with 1abmat and lost it quickly..mama’s gettin’ bigga

10. Jordanne says:

Holy deep fried shoulders, Batman :C
    Nate: PUs/red band T-rex dips, feets on box & 35lb KB – 8 rds+1kb short of a full round(!)
    Maybe if I hadn’t started laughing when Jaime called out ‘2 seconds!’… who knows πŸ˜‰

11. Danielle says:

6 rounds and 4hspu (pull ups/purple band dips, 2 ab mats, 53 kb for half the rounds then 45)