9/18/12

Angie

For time:
100 Pull-ups (50 Reps) (with Bands)
100 Push-ups (50 Reps) (from Knees)
100 Sit-ups (50 Reps)
100 Squats (50 Reps)

Post time to comments.

September “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for September

–  Bobby – 515# Deadlift
–  Jaime – 10 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Taylor – Kipping HSPU (no abmat)
–  Shelley – 50 Double Unders
–  Brian – 29 Double Unders
–  Janet – Helen as Rx’d!
–  Monique – Christine as Rx’d!
–  Michelle – OHS 160# x 3
–  Lindsay – OHS 145#
–  Shelley – OHS 115# x 3
–  Annette – OHS 125# x 2&5/6
–  John – OHS 205# x 3
–  Jaime – OHS 175# x 3
–  Bobby – C&J 285#
–  Kady – OHS 165# x 2
–  Shelley – Kip Up!
–  Annette – 105# Snatch
–  Lindsay – 100 Consecutive Doubleunders
–  Jodi – 10 Consecutive Pull Ups!

–  Annette – 15 Consecutive Pull Ups!

39 Responses to 9/18/12

1. Lauren says:

One of my all time favorites! Goal for tomorrow = locate a pull up bar in this town!

Happy Birthday Pops!

3. Meghan McCoy says:

Happy birthday Jim! Hope you have a great day:)

4. Mindy says:

Happy Birthday Jim! Hope you have a wonderful day 🙂

Jim,
    All the best and here’s to many more birthdays! t

Angie, as rx’d: 18:30 ( 1:18 second pr).

Going head to head with Jaime really helped my effort…especially on the pull-ups! Thanks J!

t.

7. Lauren says:

Happy b-day from Wyoming, Mr. Jim!

8. Leann says:

Angie as rx’d 24:52. 4:15 PR from February. Still takes me as long to do the pullups as it does the rest of the workout!

9. Tiffany Kragnes says:

Angie, kinda rx’ed….used a band on all 100 pu’s. At least I did the full 100 (altho they were def not pretty!). 17:10.

and….Happy Birthday Jim!

Heavy Grace (30 C&J at 135#) – 4:59 …7 sec PR and literally less than half a second under 5:00 🙂

Then, “Angie” as Rx’d – 19:03 …2 min PR, I’ll take it, especially since I was still sore from all the other pushups we’ve done lately, anthou ships are definitely NOT my favorite thing!

Happy Birthday, father!!

Open workout 12.2 (10 min amrap, 30 snatches at 45#, 30 snatches at 75#, 30 snatches at 100# …) — 75 reps. Did this one twice during the open 6 months preggo and got 65 reps then 69 reps.

Dropped in at LaLanne Fitness in San Fran this morning. We did a partner version of Murph. Had a great workout with my partner Laura.

Coach Chris was awesome, love the Crossfit community…

13. John Jackovin says:

Angie really scares me. I will tackle this at noon.

14. Lauren says:

Still no luck w/ PU bar 🙁 so opted for last wk’s pre-“Justice” wod. Rx’d in 8:29. Wanted it in under 8 since all 3 of these are my moves but the 6109 ft in elevation kicked my butt today. Feels like I’ve never done CF before :p Was breathing so hard I’m fairly certain the hotel staff almost called 911. Bout to go for a jog but have a feeling that will be no joke either! Wish me luck 🙂

• Lauren says:

That was 4rft 30ea Lunges, push ups, sit ups 🙂

• Jordanne says:

That’s awesome – I was just reading a snippet article about Peruvian Crossfitters training at altitude – as soon as they came down to sea level, they about halved their times. So, more of that and you’ll be blowing the bloody doors off everything when you come back to visit.

• Lauren says:

I don’t know about all that but hopefully it will at least help a little. All I know is I felt like I needed an oxygen mask after a 30 min jog today. Believe me there were no being set in this neck of the woods. On a positive note, it was a very pretty run 😉

• taylor says:

I think you just have to acclimate to that elevation…I remember people used to dread fort carson because of that…but, like Jordan said, you will be blowing bloody doors off everything when you come back!!

15. Michelle says:

“Heavy Grace” 30 C&Js 135# 7:47 25 sec PR from 8/4

“Angie” as rx’d 25:22

16. John Jackovin says:

Angie 19:58 as Rx’d.

Went back and did Angie rx’d -20:18

18. kady says:

Angie as rx’d 19:41

19. taylor says:

100 burpee kb snatch, alt. arms @26# – 13:34

20. Jordanne says:

43:27, RX’d everything but the pullups; the jury’s still out on whether minimal bands + 100 pullups = good idea.
    I need to find a secure way to grip that bar without feeling like I’m going to plummet to my death (T-rex’s pea brain can not take impact) and blistering and tearing my thumbs – thoughts?

• Leann says:

Do you wrap your hands? Anything over 50 pullups and I wear my wraps. That’s usually my tearing point. You can buy a pair or have Jaime show you how to make a pair out of tape. Fair warning you might feel even less secure on the bar at first. I’m not sure why your thumbs would be ripping. Seems like an odd spot … maybe have someone check your grip too?

• Jordanne says:

I was using tape wraps – they worked ok until 50 pullups or so, I think they were bunching too much where my fingers and palm join to be comfortable. I think that’s when I start to feel insecure and start deathgripping the bar, which is energy I could be using elsewhere. Good call on the grip check – I’ll see who’s around tomorrow if I can even stretch my arms over my head 🙂

21. Nate says:

angie RX’d 20:02

Laura: 🙂 25:28

22. Jim M says:

Why does this leave huge painful ouchie on my ass! The shower hurt so bad.

23. Tony says:

Big birthday shout out to Jim, I owe him a bday wod since he took mine on.

Angie Rx’d 16:33, Brian and I have established quite the rivalry in the 6:30am class.