9/10/12

Split or Power Snatch 7 x 2

Then………..

MYSTERY

September “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for September

–  Bobby – 515# Deadlift
–  Jaime – 10 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Taylor – Kipping HSPU (no abmat)

–  Shelley – 50 Double Unders
–  Brian – 29 Double Unders
–  Janet – Helen as Rx’d!
–  Monique – Christine as Rx’d!
–  Michelle – OHS 160# x 3
–  Lindsay – OHS 145#
–  Shelley – OHS 115# x 3
–  Annette – OHS 125# x 2&5/6
–  John – OHS 205# x 3
–  Jaime – OHS 175# x 3
–  Bobby – C&J 285#
–  Kady – OHS 165# x 2
–  Shelley – Kip Up!
–  Annette – 105# Snatch

32 Responses to 9/10/12

1. Annette says:

Power Snatch: 55-65-75-80-85-90-95# (PR). They felt good so I decided to go for a new 1RM…100# then 105#! I think everyone knows this by now … but I LOVE trying to lift heavy things 🙂 Thanks for pushing / cueing / cheering me on this morning guys!!

Split Snatch 7×2 — 75, 95, 115, 125, 135, 145(f), 115

Then… Mystery WOD – 4:19

OPERATION JUSTICE: Workout announced!!

“JUSTICE”
    20 min AMRAP of:
    400m Run with Sand bag (50#/25#)
    4 Rope Climbs
    23m Bear Crawl
    11 Deadlifts (315#/205#)
    *Partner version of the workout is: one person running with sandbag at all times, switching every time partner returns, score is rounds of rope climbs, bear crawl & deadlifts completed.

All ability levels are welcome, we will be scaling both weights and movements as needed.

Reminder: Anyone wanting to participate MUST sign up (Deadline to do so is this Thursday, September 13). Heats will be announced on Friday, September 14).

4. Meghan says:

“Helen” Rxd

Going to pull a little Jaime on this one because this is the only workout I have a good record of:)

7/5/2011 11:53
    7/23/2011 11:05
    5/22/2012 9:09
    Today 9:28

I have come to the conclusion that CrossFit makes you better at soccer but soccer makes you worse at CrossFit. Good thing soccer pays for college, even though I did consider skipping class to work on butterfly pull-ups:)

5. Michelle says:

Split Snatch 7×2 85, 95, 105, (same leg), 105, 115 (f) 115(f) 115

Mystery WOD as rx’d 4:07

• Michelle says:

came back at noon and did 12.5 WOD from the open.

7 min AMRAP
      3 thrusters 3 C2B pull-ups
      6 thruster 6 C2B pull-ups
      9 & 9
      12 & 12 and so on

Got 85 which is 23 reps more than I got last time, with only 2 failed reps on the pull-ups!

Split Snatches 7×2: 85-95-100-105-110-115(1,f)-115-120(1,f)

Wallballs/Burpees – 3:41 as rxd
    Brian was apparently very motivated by his burpee re-match with Lindsay, and killed it…thanks for the push! PS now I want a re-match, just NOT with this workout, ouch.

Worked up to 95# on the split snatches

Wallballs / burpees rx’d – 4:07. Fun doing this one with Jaime, Brian, Adam, and Todd! I always knew I was terrible at wallballs because I have to break them up a ton, but I just realized today that even when I do them unbroken, I am sllllooooowwwww. I was on 17 (without stopping or dropping the WB) when everyone else finished their 21. WHAT?! 🙁

Trying to focus on form…mainly trying to do a lift that I can actually call a snatch. Worked my way up to 115#.

And then mystery wod: 4:31. My job on this wod was to watch everyone’s 6. I did that admirably I thought.

9. Annette says:

Ok – I got on here to see how things went after I left. Well, where do I start?

At Meghan’s post, I wanted to go ALL MOM on her and tell her TO GET TO CLASS. Then I read about the wall ball / burpee showdown that I missed cuz I had to get my kid to class and suddenly I was thinking I should have stayed and done that WOD with them. He can be late every once in awhile! Bad Mom.

Warning — Bobby has video proof — hidden-camera style — of me NOT PLAYING IT COOL. Meghan started it … she dared me to try 105!!

• Meghan says:

I am not taking a single ounce of credit for that, all heart, all you.

Also I went to class this morning but I probably could have skipped my Nutrition class at 1:00 where we learned about The Paleolithic Diet, and “this new kind of gym in Urbandale where people train like “cavemen” and they have things like tires and ropes and they train like early man did by pushing, pulling, and moving things.” No joke that is a direct quote from my professor, and when I asked if she was talking about CrossFit she said “I don’t know what its called but its been in the paper recently.”

What I have concluded is that CrossFit also makes you better at school but school doesn’t make you better at CrossFit so probably should have come and done the butterfly pull-ups.

• Jordanne says:

Well done! (And here is my new avatar for you to see)

10. taylor says:

90#s for split snatch.
    6:04 mystery wod w/ 16#ball, 1second PR!!

11. kady says:

Split snatch 85-90-95-100-105-110-115 then did 120, which was UGLY.

4:17 mystery wod

Way to be awesome Taylor. 1 second PR on that, with a heavier ball and a bun in the oven. Sweet!

12. Mindy says:

Split Snatch 65-85-85-95-95-100(1)-90

Mystery 4:47

Then did 12.5 again in the evening – 84 (7 reps more than in March)