8/22/12

Power Cleans 7 x 1

Then…………

MYSTERY

August “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for August

–  Klay – 1st Muscle Up!!
–  Kady – 1st Strict Handstand Push Up
–  Annette – Filthy Fifty AS RX’D
–  Tyler – 52 Double Unders
–  Monique – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Leann – Diane as Rx’d
–  Kady – 30 Muscle Ups For Time
–  Michelle – 170# Overhead Squat
–  Jaime – 190# Front Squat
–  Janet – 105 Pull Ups Rx’d
–  Lauren – Grace in 3:38
–  Lindsay – Muscle Ups Again
–  Leann – 53# KB in WOD
–  Jaime – 195# Split Jerk
–  Bobby – 300# Split Jerk
–  Justin P. – 235# Power Clean (like butta)
–  Nate – Fran in 3:09

–  Jaime – KING KONG AS RX’D

45 Responses to 8/22/12

1. Jordanne says:

Psst, it’s probably burpees again, guyz /smokebomb + sneak

7×1 Power Cleans, worked my way up to 185.

Mystery Wod, as rx’d: 110 reps. Soooooo close to bar muscle up…didn’t have anything left.

3. Annette says:

Wow, Jaime! King Kong?? AWESOME!

Today’s max clean: 130# (PR).

Power cleans – worked up to 195# (10# PR)

Mystery WOD – 131 reps with pull ups

5. Meghan McCoy says:

Power cleans 145# (10# PR) this is been a number I have wanted to hit for a VERY long time!

Then did 21-15-9 kb (45lb) and double unders 2:45.

Power cleans: worked my way up to 155, then picked 165 off the ground and decided I was more tired from last night’s squat cleans in King Kong than I thought…I’m excited to get this another go sometime this week thou and hopefully hit 185.

Mystery WOD as Rx’d – 110 + 6 bar muscle-ups

AWESOME job on 175#, Michelle!! Wowsers!

7. Mindy says:

Power Cleans – 150# pretty excited about that, haven’t pr’d in a LONG time and this was very encouraging!

Mystery WOD w/pullups – 110 + 6 pullups

8. Michelle says:

Power Cleans 7×1 125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 170, 175 (10#) PR!!
    Mystery WOD 110 + 16 pull-ups

9. tara says:

okay, so lots of PRs! Rather than post on everyone”s, Congrats Adam and Annette for your PRs as well!!!! And to anyone else who accomplishes one today 🙂

Power Cleans 7X1 – 185, 185, 205, 205, 225, 235, 225

235 is a 10# PR for me on PC…don’t know how I did it cause I haven’t been able to lift for about three weeks or better. Crossfit doesn’t always make sense, but it always produces results.

11. Leann says:

So if you ever feel like taking something and making it waayy harder than it should be and have it take three times as long as what it should, come see me… I’m good at that! Took me 32:19 to do Tony’s birthday wod! Had a couple of goals with this one. Wanted to do all the pullups butterfly- check, felt pretty good! Also, want to get to an unassisted ring dip. Made it down to half of the purple band and they were rough! Then my shoulders were so smoked I couldn’t string together the rest of my hspu’s, sooo BAM 32 minutes! If only I woulda had my new pink shoes;)

• Annette says:

Well, yeah, you made it WAY harder … today … wait til that stuff comes up again: piece of cake! Butterfly pullups, seriously? COOL.

But I agree, pink shoes might have made it less painful. I mean c’mon, PINK SHOES!! 🙂

12. taylor says:

115 cleans, failed 2x at 120! Not my night.

mystery wod 110+6pullups

13. Kady says:

165# Clean, failed FOUR times at 175… next time…

Mystery wod 110+6 bar muscle ups (too bad the ball didn’t want to hit the blue line a few times…oops!)

nice work on all the PR’s today!!

14. Lauren says:

Round one today: Tony’s bday wod rx’d 12:54. Did all 21 butterfly pull ups consecutively which is a 1st. So pretty happy with that. Round 2 courtesy of Leann&Taylor: 4RFT 300m row/15 24′ BJ/30 lunges in 14:24 then 100 abmat situps for time in 1:41. Great job on everyone’s PR’s. Tres impressive! Our gym is full of crazy good athletes!

15. Nate says:

Cleans finished at 255…got 265 but hips got too low so no go… PR by 30lbs…then RX’d 110 + 1 muscle up… i will be having dreams about you bar muscle up…

16. Nate says:

great job everyone! i love the atmosphere of this place… it’s fun being a fan of everyone’s 🙂

17. Kady says:

ditto, nate!

18. Leann says:

Couldn’t wait to get the new kicks out for a test run. Couldn’t do much with the top half of my body, so decided to even things out on the bottom half. Found this on the whiteboard:
    2 rounds
    600m row, 30 pistol squats, 20 box jumps
    My first wod with rx’d pistols in 16:32:)

19. Meghan McCoy says:

Wow serious PRs today great job everyone!!!

20. Justin P says:

Power clean 255…failed at 265 four times. Next time…mystery WOD rx’d 110 + 6 bar mu’s.

21. Tiffany Kragnes says:

90 lb. power clean, plus 110 + 6 band pull-ups (then I did 10 more just for good measure… 🙂