8/20/12

Make Up/Challenge/Skill DAY

August “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for August

–  Klay – 1st Muscle Up!!
–  Kady – 1st Strict Handstand Push Up
–  Annette – Filthy Fifty AS RX’D
–  Tyler – 52 Double Unders
–  Monique – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Leann – Diane as Rx’d

–  Kady – 30 Muscle Ups For Time
–  Michelle – 170# Overhead Squat
–  Jaime – 190# Front Squat
–  Janet – 105 Pull Ups Rx’d
–  Lauren – Grace in 3:38
–  Lindsay – Muscle Ups Again
–  Leann – 53# KB in WOD
–  Jaime – 195# Split Jerk
–  Bobby – 300# Split Jerk
–  Justin P. – 235# Power Clean (like butta)
–  Nate – Fran in 3:09

18 Responses to 8/20/12

Make up day. Did Bobby’s 400 m run with increasing Cindy reps (3 rounds): 10:08.

And then worked on overhead squats.

2. Annette says:

Squat Progression from last week:
    OHS: 105# (too sore from FRAN to go heavier OH :-()
    Front Squat: 135# (10#PR)
    Back Squat: 145# (failed on 155# 3x)

Really wanted that 155#. The good news is I didn’t feel like I couldn’t handle the weight – which is what I wrote in my notes at 150 in June. I’m close. I’ll get it next time.

3. Jordanne says:

Canvassing here: What is your definition of RX’d & when does a workout qualify as such? 123-K-GO.

• Billy says:

A person is doing a workout RX’d when he or she uses the prescribed amount of weight for all lifts involved and does all movements without scaling. So, full range of motion, prescribed weight, and no progressions.

• Jordanne says:

Thanks for the info! Correct me if I’m wrong:
        So prescribed weight can be any of the weights listed on the workout, not just the highest? And what do progressions mean in this context?

Deadlift / burpee wod rx’d – 3:39 (16 seconds slower than 1 year ago). Good race, Brian! You won the first 4 rounds … fortunately for me, the 5th round was the only one that mattered 😉

5. Justin Vaught says:

5×1 OH squats – 185#
    5×1 Front Squats – 245# (PR)
    Ran out of time for the 5×1 back squats

Make up – 9:53
    3 rounds:
    Row 500
    Run 400

6. Jordanne says:

Deadlift/burpee wod with 125# (not sure if RX’d) – 6:01, on Sunday. The 36oz coffee I had just before might have had a lot to do with it. Also, I have officially disowned my abs as part of my body. If they write home for money, they’re in for a rude surprise.

7. Tony says:

Deadlift / burpee wod rx’d – 2:59, thought I was going to die afterward.

8. Michelle says:

Deadlift/burpees as rx’d 4:21

9. Mindy says:

Overhead walking lunges & knees to elbows as rx’d – 10:41

10. Ben says:

I did the three rounds of run 400 meters and a round of cindy, then 2 rounds of cindy, then 3 rounds of cindy. 8:09. Then did “flight simulator.” this time i actually did is correct. I did it in 13:23.