8/15/12

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
10 Kettlebell swings (70/53) (53/35) (35/26)
10 Box jumps (24/20) (20/12) (12/8)
10 Ring dips (with Bands) (Hands on Box)

Post rounds completed to comments.

August “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for August

–  Klay – 1st Muscle Up!!
–  Kady – 1st Strict Handstand Push Up
–  Annette – Filthy Fifty AS RX’D
–  Tyler – 52 Double Unders
–  Monique – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Leann – Diane as Rx’d
–  Kady – 30 Muscle Ups For Time
–  Michelle – 170# Overhead Squat
–  Jaime – 190# Front Squat
–  Janet – 105 Pull Ups Rx’d

55 Responses to 8/15/12

1. Leann says:

Whoa mama!!! 53 pound kb swings??? Anyone wanna place bets on who will be swinging who on this one?!?!

• Jordanne says:

That’s like half your entire bodyweight O__o

• Bobby says:

Pictures pictures pictures!!

• Lauren says:

53 lbs is a cake walk for you Supergirl! Now we have this one and the WB one to make up :p watch tomorrow be something with thrusters. Then I’d have all my favs to do!

• Tiffany Kragnes says:

is someone going to video this and post???? Cuz I wanna see her launch a 53#’er….. 😀

• Leann says:

So I slept in this morning and missed the wod. First time ever and I have a list of excuses why including fair food, biking 16 miles for tacos, teaching at Aspen … the list goes on. Truth is I think I wad scared of those kb swings. Also a first as I am often scared of the wod but have never actually dodged it. I’m not about to start now, so guess what I’ll be doing tomorrow?!?! No video/pictures please;)

Today’s wod, as rx’d: 8 rds + 10.

3. Annette says:

Today’s WOD (45#/Purple band): 7 rds + 22. First day back from vacay, running late this morning and was intimidated by that 53#-er, never swung it before. Gave it a go post-workout and managed 6 before I feared for the safety of others…. I’m with you Leanne, who was swinging who??? I was digging my heels in hard to keep from lifting off!

Scott Sonnon posted this today: “Be careful what you do, because whatever it is, you’ll want to get better at it. The more you improve, the more there is to improve. So choose wisely your efforts.”

… so glad I chose to try Crossfit. 🙂 Looking forward to learning more on Saturday!

• Bobby says:

And I’m confident that I speak for everyone else at the gym that we are glad you tried CrossFit as well! You are one of the most positive and determined people I have ever met…..and I get to see a lot of those people each and every day. And I am pretty sure you are the definition of the “bada$$ soccer mom” that CrossFit is always talking about!

• Lauren says:

Luv this quote and think it’s very true especially in the Crossfit community. I’m humbled daily as I’m surrounded by the phenomenal coaches and athletes in our gym. I’m challenged to get better, faster, stronger & push myself past that threshold where I think it’s impossible to do any more & when I do, it is such a rewarding feeling and high that little else can compare to. My rest days although necessary are difficult bc I feel like I may miss out on something great either from my effort or another athlete’s whether it’s a PR,new skill or chance to train with a new face. And that’s why I love this sport so much. So thanx for sharing this!

4. Justin Vaught says:

Today – 9 rounds + 6 box jumps – mis-managed this one a bit. Still hurt but should have gotten to the ring dips a tad quicker each round.

5. Lauren says:

Grace rx’d 3:38. This is a 5:21 PR from my 06/07 time of 8:59. Huge thanx to Michelle,Shelly&Bobby who would not let me put down the bar or slow down. Next goal learn to use my soccer legs 🙂

Today’s wod rx’d (with 24″ box jumps) – 5 rds + 14 reps. But more importantly, I got my muscle up back 🙂 🙂 🙂 Woohoo!

7. Michelle says:

Today’s WOD not rx’d 7rounds + 13 used red band on ring dips after 2nd round otherwise I may have only gotten through 3 rounds!

Today’s WOD – 9 Rds + 2 jumps
    (88# KB, 30″ box, MU rings)

And before the workout did max hang squat clean and split jerk – got up to 275#, which in case anyone there or our neighbors couldn’t tell I was pretty jacked up about, good day 🙂

Today’s WOD w 70# KB & 24″ box – 6 rounds + 6 box jumps
    Succeeded in making this not just ALL ring dips..70# KB is heavy for me, at least I know what Leann will feel like swinging half her BW around, can’t wait to see it 😉

10. Jordanne says:

We need an ‘OMFG, Epic!’ button for all these posts today ^__^

11. Jess says:

7 Rounds + 3 KB swings.. 20 in box jumps & 26 lb kettle bells.. I’m getting there! 🙂

12. Adam P says:

Today’s as Rx’d = 10 rounds + 1 kb swing + 2 tore hands. I’m still trying to think of a good d-bag ‘tough guy’ quote for the tore hands thing. Let me know what you think…

1. If there’s no skin left on the bar you aren’t done with the workout.
    2. Crossfit, disenfecting gyms one wod at a time.
    3. No, I’m not bleeding. That’s just an awesome leak!

• Bobby says:

Oh look at Detective Porath, not only does he have to get the top score of the day but he also has to have the best comment of the day on the message board……he’s sooo cool :). Kidding, awesome job Adam! I think it is Adam Porath: strength is not a weakness

And I feel like the comment of the day could be taken away with something about that picture above….anyone….justin

• Adam P says:

I would feel good about the top score of the day if Bobby Noyce aka “Greatness” didn’t do the kb swings with the big bopper, box jumps higher than most small children and get to the rings with a muscle up. Beautifully disgusting. Nuff Said.

Oh and reference the above picture….
        “Should we smile?I think we should smile” “No, just stand here and look uncomfortable.”

13. Nate says:

RX’d 8 rounds + 20… i am pleased with how quickly i recovered to do more ring dips compared to 2 months ago…

14. taylor says:

Looks like alot of awesomeness happened today at 515!!

10 -400m sprints with 2 minute rest between 35:38

Thanks Kady and Danielle for leading the way 😀

I’ll post Justin’s comment about the pic for him …

Looks like a couple kids on vacation and the mom is trying to take pics of them and they look all worn out and annoyed “awwww mom”

16. Meghan McCoy says:

My entry for the pic up top

“they said we were to big for the slide”

17. Tiffany Kragnes says:

Today’s wod: 9 rounds plus 10 box jumps…went with 35#kb b/c I was a sissy today and only used the little box and dips on the box. But I’m channeling my inner Leann as I sit here eating spinach for dinner! 🙂

18. Danielle says:

Needed to get some running in, so I let Taylor talk me into 10x400m with 2:00 rest. Not sure I should admit this, but I loved it. Running puts me right in my element! Overall time of 32:50…all 400s were sub 1:30. I’m happy with it!

Thanks Kady and Taylor for getting me to do it! My calves aren’t happy right now, but they’ll be fine. 😉

19. Kady says:

10 400’s with 2 min rest. sucked. 34:05ish

Danielle, you did awesome!! Hate running, but glad we did that one, thanks Taylor!

Haha, funny comments on the picture. I feel like in all fairness someone should point out that the picture is because Bob & Jim took 6th place in the Urban Assault bike race on Sunday! Congratulations 🙂