7/25/12

Push Press 2-2-2-2-2-2-2 reps.

Post loads to comments.

Then………..

TABATA PUSH PRESS (from the floor)

– 20 seconds of WORK followed immediately by 10 seconds of REST
– 8 Rounds
– SCORE = your LOWEST number in any of the 8 rounds
– (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)

July “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for July

–  Michelle – 165# Overhead Squat
–  Kady – 150# Overhead Squat
–  Lauren – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!

32 Responses to 7/25/12

1. taylor says:

85(2), 95(2), 105(2), 110(2), 115(1), 115(2), 120(0)

Tabata – 1! first two rounds I had 5 with 8-10seconds to spare….then completely fell apart. CANNOT wait for rest day tomorrow!!

7×2 push press. Worked up to 175#.

Tabata Push Press: 3

Unbroken, Todd style… 50 double unders, 40 deadlifts (135#), 30 KB swings (53#), 20 pull-ups, 10 front squats (135#). 5 burpee penatly for not doing movement unbroken. 5:18. I took a penatly on the double unders and pull-ups.

Push Press – 7×2 – 135-155-165-175-185 (1,0) – 180-180

Really should have gotten 185

Unbroken – 4:21 (didn’t follow the standards, I dropped the bar and kettlebell) – Will probably redo and video tape. These short and mega intense ones are sure a physical and mental test…

4. Annette says:

Push Press – Worked up to 100 (2), 15# PR.

Tabata (75#): 2. Worked my way down from sixes until I was jerking and/or unable to lock out and afraid I’d end up with 1 in the last round. I knew that would be hard; it didn’t disappoint.

Push Press – got up to 245# x 2
    Tabata as Rx’d – 10 pain….ful. Who’s idea was that anyway?

Unbroken … unfinished 🙁 Got through 16 pull ups then dropped off the bar at 3:54. Hands got slippery – I should have used the taped part of the pull up bar. I’ll be trying this again this afternoon or Friday.

Like the avatar, Todd!

Push Press: 95-105-115-125-135-145(1,f)-145
    Tabata PP rxd- 6 …probably gamed this too much. Did 6 for all rounds and even did 7 the last 2 rounds just cause. Should have maybe gone for 8, still probably would have ended at 6 (or less 🙂 ) but would have been a better workout.

8. Adam P says:

Push Press – Worked up to 175 lbs (old 1 rep max) then….”Tabata Something Stupid” = 3 reps. Gamed this the whole way and should have started higher.

9. Kady says:

Push Press got up to 135#
    Tabata push press rx’d 95#

Then got bar muscle ups! and did some gymnastics kips 🙂

10. Justin P says:

Push press worked up to 235. Tabata workout – 7.

11. Adam says:

Push Pressed 195# PR…Then Tabata Rx’d 135# – 2x. Stupid lowest rep rule…started wayyy too high and was dead by the end.

Then modified Abs of Steel!