6/20/12

4 Rounds For Total Time of:
200m Run
20 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups (Normal PU’s) (with Bands)
10 Deadlifts (275/185) (185/135) (135/95)
*Rest Exactly 60 Seconds Between Rounds

June “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for June

–  Annette – 240# Deadlift
–  Meghan – 260# Deadlift
–  Taylor – 235# Deadlift
–  Drew – 375# Deadlift
–  Justin V. – 160# Snatch
–  Howard – 1st WOD with handstand pushups (2 abmats)
–  Danielle – 1st WOD with handstand pushups (2 abmats)
–  Justin V. – 215# Clean & Jerk
–  Nate – 1st Muscle Up!!!
–  Lindsay – Lost 20 Pounds!
–  Loree – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Kelli – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Leann – 7:26 Mile
–  Michelle – Grace in 1:50
–  Jaime – Grace in 1:41
–  Jaime – Fran in 2:56
–  Jim – Fran in 8:44
–  Kady – Grace in 3:26
–  Justin P. – Grace in 2:48
–  Justin P. – 1st Muscle Up to Ring Handstand Push Up
–  Shelley – Fran in 6:28
–  Leann – 1st Kipping HSPU
–  Kelsey – 1st Kipping Pull Up (then did 3!)

22 Responses to 6/20/12

Today’s wod, as rx’d: 19:20.

2. Jodi says:

Happy Birthday Annette!
    Annette and I attempted Fran to celebrate Annette’s birthday. I did 55# thrusters and pull-ups, no bands–so not quite RX’d–yet! I was feeling pretty bad about my 15:34 time and performance (!@#% pull-ups!), until I looked back at my previous Fran attempts. In September 2011, I did 35 lb. thrusters and used purple/red band for PUs. In January, I did 45 lb. thrusters and 2 purple bands. So, I AM making progress, though not as quickly as I would like sometimes. What Justin said in an earlier post is so true—compare yourself to yourself—which is sometimes hard to do when you are surrounded by elite athletes who complete these same workouts in a fraction of the time!

3. Annette says:

Today is my 41st birthday and 1 year Crossfit anniversary. It seemed like a good day to make myself put up a number for my very first FRAN RXd. 12:59 is the number to beat. Thanks for doing it with me JODI 🙂

I’m lucky enough to be able to fit in a bunch of stuff I really enjoy today ending with dinner prepared by a fine local chef TBD. The family requested I select a restaurant with a decent dessert offering to prevent the following situation:

Which I have come dangerously close to doing on more than one occasion… though tonight I will be enjoying a lovely dark chocolate bar shaved over some raspberries and coconut cream. Yum.

• Michelle says:

Happy Birthday!! and Awesome job today 🙂

• Justin Vaught says:

Whaaaaa? Two celebrations in one day! Happy birthday and CF birthday! You have made some incredible gains in the last year!

• Todd says:

Happy Birthday sista! All the best.

• Meghan McCoy says:

Happy double birthday Annette!!! You are a stud CrossFitter and such a wonderful positive person, I hope you have great birthday:)

• Lindsay says:

Happy birthdays!!! And I always love Ron Swanson videos – thanks for that! 🙂

• Jaime says:

That’s so awesome, Annette!! You are definitely an inspiration. Happy DOUBLE Birthday 🙂

• Shelley says:

Happy Birthday! Hard to believe it’s been a year. Hope the next year holds as many “firsts” as this past year! So glad to have got to know you. Looking forward to doing more WODs together.

4. Justin Vaught says:

Today’s WOD 17:38 – Butterfly C2Bs are getting better but deadlifts felt horrible today. The 275# felt how 315# usually feels, not sure what was up but very frustrating. Broken into lots of sets and form went south. I’ll be paying for it tomorrow.

Today’s WOD — 23:39

6. Michelle says:

Today’s WOD as rx’d 21:57

7. John Jackovin says:

I was 21:12 but blew out my hands in the 3rd round. Right hand has 3 rips and the left hand has one. This is going to hurt. Had to do the last 30 CTB and 20 DL using fingertips. Stupid CTB!

8. Susan Katelman says:

Annette, Happy Double Birthday! You are an inspiration to all with your positive attitude and improvement this past year.
    The u-tube is hilarious…Shelley we need to forward this to our cake addicted friends..me being a closet one on occasion must still admit if we are being truthful here! 🙂

9. Meghan McCoy says:

Today’s WOD rxd 29:11

• Meghan McCoy says:

Also got to hold Landon, then got to play with a puppy, all I needed was a rainbow and my day would have been perfect!

Today’s WOD as Rx’d – 15:18

11. taylor says:

Jackie – 10:51!!! 3 months ago I got 15:02 so that means 4 minute PR!!! The last few weeks helped make 35lbs not too bad.

Today’s WOD with 315# DL – 12:49
    much much needed rest day manana