5/16/12

Reminder that the gym will be closed Thursday-Sunday.  Lindsay and Justin plan to be at the gym for the following times (BUT PLEASE CHECK THE COMMENTS ON THE MESSAGE BOARD BEFORE COMING TO MAKE SURE):

Thursday – 5:45 pm

Friday – 5:30 am, 6:30 am, 5:45 pm

Saturday – 8:30 am

Sunday – 10:00 am

BuckShark Regional Prep WOD

For Time:
400m Run
10 Deadlifts (275/185) (185/135) (135/95)
400m Run
15 Clean & Jerks (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)
100 Double Unders (50 Doubles) (200 Singles)
20 Burpees
100 Double Unders (50 Doubles) (200 Singles)
25 Box Jumps (30/24) (24/20) (20/12)
400m Run
30 GHD Sit-Ups (Ab-Mat Sit-Ups)
400m Run

May “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for May

–  Taylor – WOD with 95# Power Cleans
–  Leann – WOD with 95# Power Cleans
–  Amber – WOD with 95# Power Cleans
–  Travis – WOD with 315# Deadlifts (like a BOSS!)
–  Jeremy – 1st Rope Climb
–  Bobby – 210# Snatch
–  Justin – 215# Jerk
–  Billy – 180# Snatch
–  Jim M. – 3:57 Fran
–  Mike C. – 1st Muscle Up!!!
–  Amber – 1st Kipping Pull Up!
–  Justin P. – 1 ARM PULL UP!!!
–  Justin V. – 3:15 Fran
–  Justin V. – 155# Snatch
–  Jaime – 130# Snatch
–  Meghan – 135# Hang Power Clean

28 Responses to 5/16/12

1. Justin B says:

Todays WOD – 25:36 (I think)

Had fun with this one except for the Double Unders.

Today’s WOD – 24:21.

3. Annette says:

Buckshark WOD: 24:57. Rx’d Wt/24″/200 singles. Had fun with this one because I didn’t even try the DUs, aka my latest least.favorite.thing.

Good luck to all heading to Chicago this weekend. I wish I could be there to cheer on the best bunch of competitors I know!! I’ll be rooting for you from DSM and can’t wait to hear all about it. Go TEAM 515!!

“BucksharK Noyce” Regional Prep WOD – 16:17

This was a good one Buckshark! That definitely got the blood flowing!

5. Meghan says:

Bobby Regional Prep as Rxd 23:24

This was a good one, and I feel prepared for Regionals now:)

Buckshark regional prep WOD as Rx’d- 16:40

Thanks for all the good luck wishes today, everyone. It will be a fun weekend 🙂 We will try to keep everyone posted here, but you can also click on the red “games” box at the top right of our website and look for North Central scores (about halfway down on the page where it says leaderboard).

• Mohammed says:

cupcake8million Posted on congrats- your liinvg my dream since you won’t see your family/ friends for a long tie you could go cheesy- wish you were here or on the trail again or Where in the world is (your name)? Best of luck!

7. Jim says:

Buckshark 21:49
    I created it on BWB site. Search Buckshark. If doesn’t work…call IT!
    Good luck Noyce family and team 515! Hope to follow online.

Buckshark Prep WOD — 21:23

Good Luck Bobby, Jamie and Team 515!!!

Thanks for all of the good luck wishes these last couple days! It means a lot to know we have all of you awesome people pulling for us! I have no doubt that team 515 and Jaime will represent The entire gym extremely well not only in performance but also in attitude, sportsmanship, and class. It is going to be a lot of fun, and win or lose I am proud to represent 515!
    In case anyone needs some motivation for the rest of the week this is still one of my favorites, and thanks to Meghan she reminded me of it a few days ago 🙂

10. Travis B says:

Today’s Buckshark WOD-31:15

I was trying to take the week off, but Buckshark drew me out of hiding with this one!!

Mod 24″ boxes and single unders…RX weight.

Good luck at Regionals errrbody!

Good luck at Regionals!!! Wish I could be there to cheer you on!

Those not going to Chicago — Justin and I plan to be at the gym for normal evening class tonight.

I am attaching a link to an article that some of you may find very informational. Since so many people in the gym eat according to the paleo nutrition plan, I thought I should throw this out there. I have cut dairy products out of my diet in the past, however I am reconsidering that decision based on this article and may reintroduce some yogurt into my diet.

ihttp://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=real-males-eat-yogurt&WT.mc_id=SA_20120514

Justin and I will be at the gym this morning for 5:30 and 6:30 class. We can stay for 7:30 too if anyone wants to come then.

Day one of Regionals – good luck, everyone!!!

15. Adam P says:

Work hard at the Regionals today 515!

Today’s mainsite wod as rx’d = 15:02. The med ball cleans seemed to be the hardest part of this workout….who would have thought??

Heats and times are posted on the games page: http://games.crossfit.com/region/north-central. Team 515, Jaime, and Bobby are all in the last heats. They usually run these things pretty on schedule.

Wod 1:
    Team 515 – 10:40
    Jaime – 11:36
    Bobby – 12:36

Wod 2:
    Team 515 – 2:24
    Jaime – 3:44
    Bobby – 4:54

Yesterday’s WOD
    5 rds
    10 Power cleans @ 135#
    15 Wallballs 20#

9:07

Thanks Justin and Lindsay for opening the gym this morning.

Today’s mainsite WOD as rx’d: 21:10. My legs feel funny.

Good to see Justin and Lindsay in the morning.

After one event (Diane):
    Bobby – 20th place
    Jaime – 7th place
    Team – 26th place

Lindsay and I plan to be there tomorrow morning. Looks like there may be some rope climbs involved, dress appropriately 🙂

21. Danielle says:

Nice job to Jaime, Bobby, and the 515 team! Keep up the good work! I’m loving seeing the results…keeps us all motivated! 🙂