4/24/12

Leann’s Birthday WOD

4 Rounds For Time:
2 Rope Climbs (3 x Progressions)
3 Muscle Ups (Progressions) (3 x Pull Ups) (with Band)
79 Air Squats (Double Unders in Rounds 2 & 4) (2 x Singles)
33 Ab-Mat Sit-Ups

April “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for April

- Justin P. – 87 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Alyssa – 20 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Jim M. – “Fran” in 4:56!!
–  Lance – 135# Squat Snatch
–  Taylor – Deadlift 225#
–  Mindy – 145# C&J
–  Annette – Deadlift 225#
–  Katie – Deadlift 175#
–  Abby – Deadlift 175#
–  Susan – Deadlift 145#
–  Shelley – 30″ Box Jump (+ Broken Hand ;))
–  Taylor – Jackie as Rx’d!!
–  Tracy – 245# Deadlift
–  Justin B. – 22 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Kelsey – 1st Rope Climb
–  Jon – 1st Rope Climb

29 Responses to 4/24/12

Leann’s B-Day Wod, rx’d: 21:31.

2. John Jackovin says:

Thanks for all the body weight stuff Leann! Rx’d in 29:03.

3. Travis B says:

Bench Press 5×3
    95-125-155-175-155

Hadn’t benched for well over 10 years.

Then
    Leann’s Birthday WOD of Air Squat death – 26:58

Rope and Muscle up progressions.
    Single unders
    All sorts of MODS on this one!! Not sure I will ever be coordinated enough to do double unders.

Post WOD – First unassisted DIP.

Happy B-day Leann (even tho it was yesterday)! Avoided the squat-tasrophe for the time being and did Preggo Wod Challenge Numero 3 – 7:08

Row 200
    20 Hang clean and Jerks (95/65)
    Row 200
    20 Power Snatches
    Row 100
    10 Front squats
    Row 100
    10 OH squats

This was definitely not fair and still not an impressive showing for me against an 8 month preggo lady. My justification for allowing this workout to be the challenge is a direct result of her ability to crush me in workouts when she gets back to full speed. It won’t even be close. A cheap victory? Yes, but let’s not focus on the wrong words. It was still a victory and gonna bathe in the gloat sauce for a while.

Happy B-day Leann!

Did more Outlaw Programing this morning. I’m not going to post because it was too long…and I can’t even remember it all. More Barbell work and some other stuff…

LGB action tonight!!!

6. Annette says:

Leann’s Bday WOD: 29:59. I would have GLADLY done four rounds of air squats (a squat-stravaganza?? 🙂 ) because DUs were not happening for me today and by the end, I was tripping frequently with singles! in a mad dash (ha-ha!) to finish in under 30 minutes. I use up so.much.time on pull ups…

7. Jim Noyce says:

Happy Birthday Leann!! But I was wishing you were born in March during round 4.

26:14 with MU progressions.

• Leann says:

Very funny! However, Jaime and I were talking about this after the wod and have to say we were thinking the same thing;)

8. Mindy says:

Happy Birthday Leann!

Birthday wod w/pull-ups – 28:41

• Takashi says:

Dave, I usually have to do the CF and Endurance WODS back to back. Most of the posts from the coheacs encourage you to split them to get the best benefit from each individual WOD. Since my schedule does not permit I just do them back to back and scale one or the other, typically the CF WOD (I am SS runner) since CF is scheduled 4-5 days a week for me and I want to maximize the few run I do in a week. If I skip a wod though, I will usually skip the endurance wod. My reasoning is that the cf wod offers better all-around benefits. Hope this helps.

9. Leann says:

Alright guys! Thanks for the birthday wishes and working so hard on my “squat-tastic/ air squats of death” wod:) My time was 30:04…

Rope climbs, air squats and sit ups all went off very smoothly. But I lost a lot of time sitting on the ground trying to find enough strength on the muscle up progressions (red band first 3 rounds, had to switch to blue on the last.) That and those stupid double unders!!!

Personally, I agree with Annette, I would’ve rather have done 4 rounds of 79 squats, but Bobby was nice enough to point out that nobody would probably talk to me the rest of the week;)

• Shelley says:

Since I can’t do DUs with my hand, I did do 4 rounds of squats…..Looks like I won’t be talking to you the rest of the week 🙂

10. Susan Katelman says:

Happy Birthday Leann and Lance! Howard and I did Lance’s yesterday and we were feeling pretty good, took today off but were with you in spirit Leann and I did sing “Happy Birthday” to you while doing air squats working on form at home this afternoon.
    wishing you both the very best…

11. Meghan says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE PINK PRINCESS:)

Birthday WOD with muscle up progressions, 27:14.

12. Justin B says:

Happy B-Day Leann!

I did the garage version which was x3 rope progressions and x3 HSPU instead of MU or Pullups. Not sure if that is an equal sub but they were all I could think of and knew they needed work.

Time was 25:35

Also got a new PR in DUs @ 33

13. Michelle says:

Happy Birthday Leann!

Leann’s bday wod as rxd- 18:04 (practiced the j-hook rope climb technique just for something different…conclusion is that I definitely don’t like and will not be switching any time soon!)

LGB as rxd- 8:19
    Both good workouts…I’m glad you guys only have one birthday a year, haha 😉

15. taylor says:

leann wod – 26:32 w/ pullups and all 4 rounds with squats.

Leann’s bday WOD – 29:20 rx’d.

• Justin says:

This was my first WOD with muscle ups completed.

• Herdi says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE PINK PRINCESS:) Birthday WOD with muscle up preiorssgons, 27:14. I think I lost my rope climb mojo, I can understand not being able to climb up but for some reason I couldn’t figure out how to get down. You would think gravity would help me out enough on that one.