4/18/12

Make Up/Challenge/Skill DAY

April “COOL” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for April

- Justin P. – 87 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Alyssa – 20 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Jim M. – “Fran” in 4:56!!
–  Lance – 135# Squat Snatch

20 Responses to 4/18/12

Last night did:

800 m Run
    30 Power Cleans @ 165
    800m Run

10:17

After deadlifts yesterday and then trying to run after the power cleans…I was hurting pretty bad on the last 800…the old back was seizing up a bit.

2. Jim says:

Jackie – 10:23. PR by 50 seconds

3. taylor says:

Jackie 15:02 RX’d First wod with actual Pull-ups, 30 butterflies, in 3s, then 2s then 1 at a time. but I did it. Thanks Jaime for motivating me this morning!

• Leann says:

I don’t feel like we’ve been hitting the same class times lately, but when we do, I want you to teach me butterflys please:)

Tara is raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society, and then completing a 100 mile bike ride around the hills of Lake Tahoe on June 3rd. Here’s the link if you want to donate and help her out: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ia/ambbr12/tkrueger

Good luck, Tara!!!

• Tara says:

Thanks Z!!!! I appreciate you putting this out here!! 🙂

Another way to support is that Brian and Brad Krueger are doing a Cinco de Mayo Bike Ride Fundraiser and we’ll be doing a Silent Auction. If you have anything that could be donated for the silent auction, that would be much appreciated as well!!!! Everything is 100% Tax Deductible!

• Meghan says:

Tara I would love to help out in anyway I can. Is it just items you need or can you donate services as well?

• Adam S says:

Team in Training (Leukemia & Lymphoma) is a great cause and organization. I’ve completed 3 events with this group. I was raising money for my college roommate Steve Ellens who was diagnosed several years ago.

I’ve heard great things about the “America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride” in Lake Tahoe. Enjoy the event Tara.

5. Travis B says:

“Jackie” RX’d – 17:46

Babied my hand on the pull-ups.

I did a little Outlaw today, and I’d like to underscore the word little. And while I’m giving full disclosure, I did a quarter of the Outlaw workout. So if you’re looking for an outlaw, I’d be….like… a good getaway driver. But, I digress.

25 wallballs (I got carried away and did 33…was on my way to 40), 40 kettlebell swings, 40 ghds, 25 wallballs, 40 deadlifts at 205#, 40 ttb, and 25 wallballs. I think this took me 17:48….guessing.

7. Annette says:

Deadlifts: 135-155-175-195-205-225-235(f)-225. 20# PR. Yay! 1.6 x BW … inching my way to my goal of 2X.

Then I scaled the WOD to singles/pistols with band/85# push jerk: 12:46.

Interesting discussion going on at the gym today – wish I could have stayed for more. The bigger picture of feeding the world, while protecting the planet is overwhelming to me, I really would like to hear more about it Todd. Corn gets a bad rap at my house as I have a rather narrow focus: trying to convince my teens that taquitos + doritos + soda (or corn + corn with some corn syrup as a delivery mechanism for a bunch of artificial additives and preservatives and no real food) is not an acceptable meal. I am trying to teach them that for health and well-being nutrient dense food matters as I am lucky enough to be in a position where I can worry about such things. It makes me very sad to think of the mother struggling to find calories for her children while I battle against the abundance and desirability of the cheap junk for big profit that is all-too-easily available to mine.

Our vulnerability does make me long for a time when the majority of food was sourced locally. Have you read “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle” by Barbara Kingsolver? She makes it all sound so romantic – and influenced me to eat more locally grown / seasonal food – but when sharing those thoughts with my family, my mother (who grew up on a farm that fed her family) was quick to point out that it was a lot of hard work! She very much prefers filling up her cart at the grocery store – easy-peasy – and with access to coconut(!) and salmon(!) and a bunch of other stuff our modern food system provides year round, from around the globe. Oh, I can’t imagine going back… what a comparison that is, huh? My grandparents physically worked hard all day to feed themselves off their land and two generations later I shop from around the world and do crossfit for functional fitness. What will the world be like for my grandchildren?

Just wanted to say the 515 newsletter is AWESOME!!! Great job guys. A nice way to organize so much useful information about new faces, workouts, nutrition, etc.

Also I’d be interested in learning more about the Outlaw programming. Is there a website or link I can read more.

9. Meghan says:

Yesterday did the double under, pistol, push press.

Regular DU, assisted pistols, 95# push press 18:17. Pistol squats are evil just saying.

Had to run a 3 miles for an experiment in my exercise physiology class today, got 20:04.

10. Meghan McCoy says:

After seeing the Regional WODs I have decided that CrossFit 515 is going to dominate! I can not wait to go witness it! Go Team515.

11. Leann says:

Thank you flashy, very pink jump rope… 49 second PR on Annie:) 9:37! And I think it’s actually about 2 inches too short. (But oh so pretty!)

Also did last weeks 800m run/ 10 rounds of 10 pullups and dips with purple band/ 800 m run. Took awhile, 35:50 but I almost managed an unassisted ring dip during warm up. Which means I’m just that much closer to figuring out muscles ups;)

• Tara says:

Nice Work! I’ve had to order a couple times from rx jump rump to get the right size. We followed their online directions and they were way short!! I think they give you 2 weeks to return it for the right size.

12. Ben says:

I did “Nancy.” Never done it before and was a bit intimidated. Somehow I got all rounds of those over head squats unbroken. Time was 12:55.

5 rds of time of…
    run 400 m
    15 ohs at 95lbs

Thanks for the push Lance!