2/28/12

Weighted pull-ups 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Post loads and body weight to comments.

Compare to 7/8/11

THEN…………

As Many Reps As Possible in 5 Minutes of:

Double Unders (Single Unders)

February “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for February

–  Leann – 18 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Mindy – 21 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Michelle – 22 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Erica – 1st Ring Dip (who knew ;))
–  RossBoss – 275# Clean & Jerk
–  Bobby – 255# Clean & Jerk
–  Annette – 1st Kipping HSPU
–  Ash – 23 Consecutive HSPU’s
–  Anne – 1st Pull Up!
–  Bobby – 300# Front Squat
–  Bobby – 275# Bench Press
–  Michelle – 160# Clean & Jerk
–  Mike – 465# Deadlift
–  Tara – 100# Snatch
–  Jaime – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Justin – 1st Muscle Up Ever!
–  Andrew A. – 2 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Jaime – 2 Consecutive Strict Muscle Ups
–  Billy – Clean & Jerk 225#
–  Missy – 1st Pull Up!!
–  Travis – 415# Deadlift
–  Ben – 1st Strict Muscle Up!
–  Ash – 245# Power Clean
–  Bobby – 245# Power Clean
–  Ash – 47 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Ash – 55″ Box Jump
–  Kylie – 1st Toes2Bar
–  Fred – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Travis B. – 1 Month of CrossFit/Down 17#/Becoming a CrossFit BADA$$
–  Heidi – 1st Workout as Rx’d!
–  Billy – 405# Deadlift
–  Ash – 215# Overhead Squat
–  RossBoss – 245# Overhead Squat
–  J-Dawg – 225# Power Clean, 190# Overhead Squat
–  Howard – Pull Up Workout without a Band
–  Travis – Successfully incorporated the word “Svelte” into a post

33 Responses to 2/28/12

ya I lost to that, never again

• Adam Lekin says:

Are you coming up with your own sports aerobics routine?! should be plenty of space for it in the new building.

• Shelley says:

My question is, why would anyone do that? ……..he is obviously quite a gymnast. At least he didn’t wear those shorts while he did his burpees!

• Travis says:

R unsure about that being the same guy who did.161burpees

• Travis B says:

My days of Crossfit will be complete when I walk into 515 and see Bobby dancing all around the new place like that.

• Travis B says:

My days of Crossfit will be complete when I walk into 515 and see Bobby Buckshark dancing all around the new place like that.

• Annette says:

I was trying to get him going this morning, too Travis! Buckshark wouldn’t BITE!

fyi …

From wikipedia: A Pirouette is a French word for the Ballet reference, “to whirl about.”

2. Jim says:

I’m actually quite impressed with alot of those gymnastic moves, and I’m guessing he’ll also be awesome at muscle ups. When it comes to heavy overhead squats and deadlifts, the shorts may bind up and be his downfall.

Yesterday – Front squats – Worked on bottoming out and sitting at the bottom of the squat for 3 seconds before I come up. I am hoping that it helps my strength at the bottom and my rack position for squat cleans. I worked up to 185# for 3 reps.

Yesterdays wod – 6:23 and tabata sit ups with hockey kids – 13.

Fairly light day today then resting tomorrow and hoping to hit the 2nd open WOD on Thursday. Any guesses on what the 2nd workout will be? My guess: AMRAP 5 of 105# Bear Complexes

4. Travis B says:

Today’s WOD –

Worked on unassisted pullup for the 7×1

SCORE! Bobby called one good, so finally, 3 weeks or so, and I got one!!

357 single unders.

5. Annette says:

Pullups: Worked my way down the bands to bodyweight chinups and pullups and with several attempts finally got one of each with chin over the bar. 140# at weigh in. I don’t think I’ve ever done it without swinging to get momentum before, so that’s something. Good job morning crew lifting impressive additional weight. You guys inspire me! I’m going to keep at it until I can do it, too.

Double-Unders: 83. Ouch. Not even 20/minute. I was getting 2 maybe 3 at a time. Practice. Practice. Practice. I hope we don’t see this week!!

6. John Jackovin says:

That dude totally stole my freakin’ routine! Ugg, back to the drawing board.

Weighted pull up 229 + 96 = 325. Then proceeded to mercilessly whip myself for 5:00 with my jump rope.

Today’s WOD. Pulled 110# -PR 192+110=302

150 DU’s

Work on Snatches – did 145# muscle snatch.

Today’s wod: Pulled 50# – 172 + 50 = 222

315 DU’s

And then worked on rom and form for ohs.

9. Mindy says:

Today’s wod: pulled 9# – 147+9 = 156

then 153 DU’s

Did 3 rounds for time of:

400m Run
    2 C&J’s @ 205
    5 Muscle Ups

11:10

I got the muscle ups all unbroken, which was a big goal for me in this one. Nice workout Buckshark!!!

11. Ben says:

Weighted pull ups – 50, 71, 79, 92, 100.5, 110, 115 (PR)
    Weight 185+115=300
    5 min AMRAP of DU’s-305
    “Christine” – 11:40
    Really need to work on rowing and deadlifts. Definitely a weakness.

Been busy and haven’t posted in a few days..
    Saturday- “Christine” – 9:16
    Yesterday- “Zimmerman” (strict hspus) – 7 rounds + 4 hspus
    Yesterday’s WOD – 7:57
    Today- “Griff” – 10:35
    Weighted pullups – 63 (18# PR) + 145(BW) = 208
    5:00 doubleunders – 360 …started with 158 unbroken (PR by almost 50!!!)
    Also provided the “weight” for Lance’s weighted pullup by hanging on his back…this was not that easy, so worth mentioning 😉 Great job, Lance! Have to do it again so we can get a picture or video.

13. Lance says:

weighted pullup…worked my way up to the 145lb vest(aka, Jaime)
    pretty sure thats a PR 🙂
    225 + 145 = 370
    245 DUs…shoulders were smoked after. Definitely need to be more efficient at these.

Today – Isabel – 10:56. First time doing this Rx’d! I had done half of Isabel (15 reps) at 135# a couple months ago in 8:00 something, so feeling good about it today…but yea, LOTS of room to improve.

Then – 5 mins of DU – 3:51 with LOTS of rest and breaking. My shoulders were smoked for some reason 🙂

Weighted pull ups, BW 149, worked up to 65# kipping (214#) then 20# strict (169#). Then 5 min DUs – 218. Was not feeling the DUs at all.

16. Michelle says:

Today’s WOD weighted pull-ups 14# 158+14=172
    DU’s 173

17. Meghan says:

Today’s WOD weighted pull-ups 23# 140 + 23= 163

Also did weighted kipping pull-ups with Tara. 55# and I felt like I could have gone a lot heavier but had to get my DU’s done before soccer. DU’s 221.

I also got a PR of making it back to Grand View in under 15 min.