2/26/12

Make Up/Challenge/Skill DAY

February “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for February

–  Leann – 18 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Mindy – 21 Consecutive Pull Ups

–  Michelle – 22 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Erica – 1st Ring Dip (who knew ;))
–  RossBoss – 275# Clean & Jerk
–  Bobby – 255# Clean & Jerk
–  Annette – 1st Kipping HSPU
–  Ash – 23 Consecutive HSPU’s
–  Anne – 1st Pull Up!
–  Bobby – 300# Front Squat
–  Bobby – 275# Bench Press
–  Michelle – 160# Clean & Jerk
–  Mike – 465# Deadlift
–  Tara – 100# Snatch
–  Jaime – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Justin – 1st Muscle Up Ever!
–  Andrew A. – 2 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Jaime – 2 Consecutive Strict Muscle Ups
–  Billy – Clean & Jerk 225#
–  Missy – 1st Pull Up!!
–  Travis – 415# Deadlift
–  Ben – 1st Strict Muscle Up!
–  Ash – 245# Power Clean
–  Bobby – 245# Power Clean
–  Ash – 47 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Ash – 55″ Box Jump
–  Kylie – 1st Toes2Bar
–  Fred – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Travis B. – 1 Month of CrossFit/Down 17#/Becoming a CrossFit BADA$$
–  Heidi – 1st Workout as Rx’d!
–  Billy – 405# Deadlift
–  B.S. Noyce – 275# Overhead Squat
–  Ben – 3:01 Fran!!
–  Ash – 215# Overhead Squat
–  RossBoss – 245# Overhead Squat
–  J-Dawg – 225# Power Clean, 190# Overhead Squat

15 Responses to 2/26/12

Open 12.1 WOD: 90. A lot better than my Friday performance. What a great place! Thanks for the support everyone…truly!

2. Leann says:

Did the rope climb, wall ball, kettlebell, du wod from a few weeks ago. Possibly my worst wod EVER! Double unders got in my head today, BAD.

With that in mind, I was seeking advice: In January, I was doing awesome, every day a PR, every day a new accomplishment. This past week, I feel like it’s week one of CF all over! Can’t beat my beginner times, can’t push as much weight. Any suggestions? I’ve tried everything I can think of. Tried rest days, getting a decent amount of sleep, I already eat paleo but been trying to eat more because I probably don’t eat enough. Am I missing something?

• Todd says:

Hey Leann, I can only tell you what helps me as an old man. 1) My workouts are much better if I’ve had a chance, an hour or so beforehand, to get something in my stomach. I can workout on an empty stomach, but I can tell pretty quick (it’s like coming to a cliff) when I’m zapped. 2) Getting protein into my body within an hour after I’ve worked out. 3) I also try doing a mobility wod (especially for my shoulders) after I’ve worked out. And rolling out your muscles really helps with recovery.

Also, I wouldn’t beat yourself up. You’re doing great and I admire your drive to go for wods rx’d. That says a lot about who you are! Keep at it and the breakthroughs will be coming.

• Todd says:

I should add a footnote here. I really don’t know what I’m talking about and just wanted to give feedback on what I do.

• Meghan says:

Leann I have struggled with this as well and was actually just talking to Tara about it on Tuesday. It comes around in soccer for me as well. But if you look at it you were feeling great and getting PR’s in January which means that you have reached a new level of work capacity for your body. So its almost like you are starting over because you are working up to your next level.

It is super frustrating of course and I struggle with it myself because I always want to kill a workout and get an amazing time, but thats not realistic. Just remember that the struggle is what is making you stronger physically and mentally, it is the building blocks for tomorrows PRs. I hope this helps, I am by no means an expert either but it helps me to look at it this way.

Ps. I thought your rope climbs looked pretty good today!

• Lindsay says:

Are you pregnant? 😉

• Lindsay says:

Seriously, though, I think everyone goes through cycles like this with crossfit. When you first start cf, the initial gains are HUGE. Improvements have to slow down at some point and it can be frustrating when you are used to making constant big gains. I don’t see you workout that often, but I’ve noticed you still making big improvements. Pull ups alone, youve gotten crazy good at in a short amount of time.

Keep doing what you’re doing. Probably eat more if you don’t think you are eating enough. And I agree with everything Meghan and Todd said as well.

• Leann says:

Todd, I def will have to try your advice. Megan, I haven’t thought of it that way, but you & Lindsey both might be on to something. Thank you all for your encouragement:)

• Leann says:

NOOOOOO!!!!

Yesterday’s Hero WOD- 10 Rds+ 18

I stopped to watch Bart finish the last 45 secs of 12.1….it was worth it.

4. Bart says:

Open WOD 12.1 – 126 reps.

Thanks everyone that made special trips to the gym to cheer me on. Great group of people at 515! And thanks to Billy for stopping in the middle of his WOD to help me through the finish.

Redid 12.1 – 102 (exceeded my goal!). Special thanks to Justin, Jaime, Lindsay, Lance and Meghan for their coaching and encouragement. I definitely could not have pushed myself that hard without you!