1/30/12

Clean and Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Michael Lynch 290lbs. Post loads to comments.

Compare to 12/2/11

Then……………

AMRAP in 3 Minutes of:

Clean & Jerks (95/65) (65/45) (45/35)

January “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for January

–  Teague – 205# Overhead Squat
–  Annette – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Bart – 225# Oversquat x2
–  Leann – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Todd – 5:15 Fran
–  Lance – 2:58 Fran
–  Annette – 1st Kipping Pull Up
–  Jodi – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Jaime – 25 Unbroken Kipping Rhythm Toes-to-Bar
–  Travis – 175# Squat Snatch (40# PR)
–  Andrew A. – 225# Power Snatch (BOOMSAUCE)
–  Annette – 90# Snatch (15# PR)
–  Bobby – 250# Squat Clean (25# PR/King Kong Weight)
–  Travis – 225# Squat Clean
–  Kylie – 6 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Jason – 1st Ever Muscle Up!!!
–  RossBoss – 275# Jerk (What a Jerk!)
–  Jodi – Jackie Rx’d
–  Andrew A. – 1st Ever Muscle Up!!!
–  Bobby – KING KONG RX’D
–  Billy – Fran in 2:44
–  Missy – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Michelle – C2B Pull Up WOD
–  Sandy – C2B Pull Up WOD
–  Leann – Pull Up WOD with NO Band
–  Seth – 1st Muscle Up!!!
–  Andrew – 345# Deadlift (20# PR)
–  Kathy – 1st Rope Climb
–  Danielle – 1st Rope Climb

23 Responses to 1/30/12

1. Meghan says:

This is a project I did for my exercise physiology class. You might recognize some of the stars of the video. I have to show it tomorrow in class so lets hope for an A:)

2. Meghan McCoy says:

Clean and Jerk 75, 85, 95, 105, 115 PR, 125(f) about 20 times

Got a lot of work to do on technique, strength days can be really frustrating but I try I remember that today’s failed attempts are the building blocks for tomorrows PRs. The beauty of CrossFit always more to work on:)

C&J 230# PR

Then

Did Squat Cleans: 235# PR

My Squat Clean is 15 lbs away from KING KONG weight!

My Deadlift is at 455, and I’m almost there with my squat clean – it’s been a long term goal of mine to do KING KONG and it’s going to happen in 2012!

Strength and agility are two very important things to me, and I’m down to 185 lbs and I’m stronger then I’ve ever been. Thanks Crossfit 515!

C&J – worked up to 185 (20# pr)
    Failed at 195 a couple times, held back by technique at this point…frustrating.

3 min AMRAP @ 95#
    36 reps

C&j – 165 which is the same as my PR. Like Adam, my technique is my limiting factor.

3 min AMRAP (95#) of C&J: 29 reps.

6. Annette says:

C&J: 115# (10# PR). I failed on 115 several times in several different ways, but then the final jerk felt solid. So 125 next time?

AMRAP (65#): 27 reps.

Wow! There were some impressive scores on the board … you guys keep showing me how it’s done. I love it!

7. Byron says:

Today’s WOD—215# C&J–squat cleaned 225# but missed jerk. Both are PRs. It’s definitely a mental vs. proper form battle. The 225# felt easy so I am looking forward to seeing where my clean goes from here.

Good lifting with Ben today and lots of good work going on in the box! Have to travel the next few days sadly so be back soon.

“Desforges” Rx’d – 22:54

9. Mindy says:

today’s wod as rx’d finished with 140# c&j (20# pr)

amrap 65# – 42

Today was pretty exciting for me! I really appreciate Bobby, Jaime and Ash for pushing me and encouraging me!

C&J – 140# … 5# PR 🙂 Planned on just working up to 135# but couldn’t resist going for the PR.

3 min amrap – 44 reps

C&J: 125-135-145-155-165(got the clean, failed the jerk..I don’t think this has ever happened to me before)-155-165(failed the clean a bunch of times) …PR is 175, so not a great morning for C&Js 🙁

3 min AMRAP: 56

Also did Ross’ bday WOD at noon- 12:29 as Rx’d

12. Janet Jennings says:

New location looks great! Can’t believe we leave and will come back to a whole new place. Excited!!