1/27/12

For time:
Back squat, 50 reps (75/55) (55/35) (35/15)
15 foot Rope climb, 5 ascents (3 x Progressions) (3 x Ring Rows)
Back squat, 40 reps (75/55) (55/35) (35/15)
15 foot Rope climb, 4 ascents (3 x Progressions) (3 x Ring Rows)
Back squat, 30 reps (75/55) (55/35) (35/15)
15 foot Rope climb, 3 ascents (3 x Progressions) (3 x Ring Rows)
Back squat, 20 reps (75/55) (55/35) (35/15)
15 foot Rope climb, 2 ascents (3 x Progressions) (3 x Ring Rows)
Back squat, 10 reps (75/55) (55/35) (35/15)
15 foot Rope climb, 1 ascents (3 x Progressions) (3 x Ring Rows)

Ken Cutrer 10:47. Post time to comments.

January “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for January

–  Teague – 205# Overhead Squat
–  Annette – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Bart – 225# Oversquat x2
–  Leann – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Todd – 5:15 Fran
–  Lance – 2:58 Fran
–  Annette – 1st Kipping Pull Up
–  Jodi – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Jaime – 25 Unbroken Kipping Rhythm Toes-to-Bar
–  Travis – 175# Squat Snatch (40# PR)
–  Andrew A. – 225# Power Snatch (BOOMSAUCE)
–  Annette – 90# Snatch (15# PR)
–  Bobby – 250# Squat Clean (25# PR/King Kong Weight)
–  Travis – 225# Squat Clean
–  Kylie – 6 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Jason – 1st Ever Muscle Up!!!
–  RossBoss – 275# Jerk (What a Jerk!)
–  Jodi – Jackie Rx’d
–  Andrew A. – 1st Ever Muscle Up!!!
–  Bobby – KING KONG RX’D
–  Billy – Fran in 2:44
–  Missy – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Michelle – C2B Pull Up WOD
–  Sandy – C2B Pull Up WOD
–  Leann – Pull Up WOD with NO Band
–  Seth – 1st Muscle Up!!!
–  Andrew – 345# Deadlift (20# PR)

20 Responses to 1/27/12

Am I the only person that thinks they should have done “King Kong” on top of the Empire State Building?

Today’s WOD: 18:40

Strength paired with weakness, I love it. Rope climbs will become easier…this was a lot of climbs in one WOD for me.

Lots of energy at the 6:30 class, great effort and encouragement. Really makes it fun.

3. Annette says:

Today’s WOD: almost Black Rx: 55#/1 rope climb per round w/ ring rows (still a newb at the rope climbs): 15:55. I really liked this one, too even though I struggled with the ring rows (WEAK)! My fancy socks protected my legs during the rope climb … there were some serious rope burns this morning! Yikes. You may already have a remedy, but I just learned that honey is good for wound healing and I, personally, would try that before the saturated salt water. I believe it when I hear that it is effective, but I don’t think I’m that tough.

Also – Mindy & Michelle – and anyone else who is interested … email me at annette.defrancisco@gmail.com for my sources of grass-fed beef and other locally raised quality meat and produce. I really like the farmers / vendors that I buy from and would love to send them some more business if you are interested 🙂

4. Adam P says:

Today’s wod = 9:39 It’s nice to get that one out of every one hundred wods that actually benefits tall thin people!

5. Byron says:

Today’s WOD—17:__ Thank you Jaime for sufficiently smoking me on this one!

Yesterday’s WOD—seems like it was 21:__, man my brain has been so clouded by work lately I’m blanking on my official times.

Today’s WOD as Rx’d 11:24

The rope climbs were not really a problem for me, but the squats went a little slow – I wanted to make sure I was getting low enough on each rep, which is my excuse for going slower 🙂

Yesterday – 8 rounds of Run 400 w/ 90 second rest – 20:50. Pretty much hit 75 second splits on the money the entire workout which was what I was looking to do. On that note my legs are fried and today’s workout looks terrifying.

Today’s WOD as rx’d – 17:35 I was expecting the rope climbs to get a whole lot harder than they did for me 🙂

Today’s WOD as Rx’d- 10:56. My legs are smoked!

Great job to Leann, Mindy, and Michelle…all Rxd, all the rope climbs, all very determined 🙂

10. Ross V.M. says:

Nice work to everyone doing the WOD at 7:30!
    Needed to make up Elizabeth so did that this morning. 8:15.
    UN-comfortable.

Fred and Rhonda showed me this story about a 13 year old girl that has been CrossFitting for 2 years and is now breaking world powerlifting records, pretty cool!!

12. Michelle says:

Thanks for all the support this am, today was not a representation of my progress thus far & I will not let that happen again!

13. Mindy says:

Today’s wod as rx’d 27+ …very grateful for all the cheering and encouragement from the 6:30 class.

Black wod rx’d – 18:43