1/23/12

RossBoss BDay WOD

4 Rounds For Time:
1 Rope Climb (5 x Progressions) (3 x Progressions)
5 Clean & Jerks (185/135) (135/95) (95/65)
25 Push Ups (From Knees)

January “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for January

–  Teague – 205# Overhead Squat
–  Annette – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Bart – 225# Oversquat x2
–  Leann – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Todd – 5:15 Fran
–  Lance – 2:58 Fran
–  Annette – 1st Kipping Pull Up
–  Jodi – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Jaime – 25 Unbroken Kipping Rhythm Toes-to-Bar
–  Travis – 175# Squat Snatch (40# PR)
–  Andrew – 225# Power Snatch (BOOMSAUCE)
–  Annette – 90# Snatch (15# PR)
–  Bobby – 250# Squat Clean (25# PR/King Kong Weight)
–  Travis – 225# Squat Clean
–  Kylie – 6 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Jason – 1st Ever Muscle Up!!!
–  RossBoss – 275# Jerk (What a Jerk!)
–  Jodi – Jackie Rx’d
–  Andrew – 1st Ever Muscle Up!!!
–  Bobby – KING KONG RX’D
–  Billy – Fran in 2:44

20 Responses to 1/23/12

• Kylie says:

thats uber cool, congrats bobby!!
      Ross Birthday WOD,
      13:49 (#105)- thought I was doing #115, however my math failed me… so yeah, awkward. Good WOD, happy birthday Ross!

RossBoss B-Day WOD: 15:26 (155# CJ)

Happy Birthday young man!!!

2. Annette says:

Happy Birthday, Ross! Your bday WOD kicked my butt: 14:15 (75# / Strict Pushups / Rope Climbs).

This was my first workout with rope climbs instead of progressions — WAY MORE FUN 🙂 The pushups (as usual) were hard so I did them 5 at a time.

Thanks to Todd & Adam for the pointers this morning. Jodi and I seriously can’t believe all the new things we can do. We love 515!

• Adam S says:

It’s a lot of fun to watch everyone’s incredible progress. Really keeps me motivated. Great atmosphere to work out in.

• Bobby says:

Couldn’t agree more Adam! It’s fun to watch eveyone make such huge improvements, seems to almost build on itself and becomes contagious. Best part is there’s no secret, put in the time and effort and CrossFit works! (Broken record haha) Awesome job Annette, with how easy that pull-up looked today I would put money on you doing 10 in a row within 2 weeks 🙂

RossBoss B-Day Wod: 15:00 (145# CJ). Happy Birthday Ross! All the best.

4. Michelle says:

Ross’s B-day wod as rx’d 16:54

Happy Birthday Ross!!

Ross’s B-day wod as rx’d 17:29

185# C&J’s got heavy quick

6. Bart says:

Ross Boss’ B-day WOD as Rx’d – 8:07.

Hey Ross, should have jumped those clean & jerk up to 205lb 😉

Was late getting to noon class so did mainsite (10×2 shoulder press with 60 sec rest between sets) instead of the RossBoss WOD. Most sets at 75#, did 2 reps at 80# once and failed on the 2nd rep at 80# a few times.

Regional dates were announced. North Central is May 18-20, which means 39 weeks pregnant me will not be able to go 🙁 🙁 🙁 I am very sad.

• Bobby says:

Hopefully they will make it livestream this year for you 🙂 Why don’t you just bring your do-la with you and she can deliver it there (no need for doctors), she will be geeked out about crossfit by then anyway, win-win-win!

• Katie says:

Ha! I bet Lindsay could even deliver the baby and be competing within a few hours. Women all over the world give birth and go back to work in the fields right away. Ill be the geeked out Crossfit doula. 🙂

8. Travis says:

The “Ross Hoss Boss” WOD RX’d 13:02
    Didnt take long for pushups to really slow me down.
    Happy birthday

9. Ben says:

Ross Boss WOD rx’d 13:17. Push ups man! Killer. WOD was programmed well.

10. Ross V.M. says:

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, I really appreciate that! And thanks for doing my WOD as well, I hope you all liked it!
    9:15.

“Jackie” as rxd- 7:13 (2 sec PR)…then decided somewhere during my pullups to do the other 2 rounds also, so 3x Jackie as rxd- 27:17. Incredibly painful strategy. Would not recommend.

Happy bday Ross! Can’t wait to try your wod sometime soon, looks like a good one.

12. Mindy says: