1/18/12

Split Snatch (or Power Snatch) 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps (7×1)

Josh Everett 245lbs, Cody Burgener 245lbs.
Post loads to comments.

Then…………..

Surprise

January “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for January

–  Teague – 205# Overhead Squat
–  Annette – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Bart – 225# Oversquat x2
–  Leann – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Todd – 5:15 Fran
–  Lance – 2:58 Fran
–  Annette – 1st Kipping Pull Up
–  Jodi – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Jaime – 25 Unbroken Kipping Rhythm Toes-to-Bar
–  Travis – 175# Squat Snatch (40# PR)

–  Andrew – 225# Power Snatch (BOOMSAUCE)
–  Annette – 90# Snatch (15# PR)
–  Bobby – 250# Squat Clean (25# PR/King Kong Weight)

36 Responses to 1/18/12

• Annette says:

Loved her graphic at the end with Crossfit as the stairs to Wellness 🙂

And another gem from Coach Glassman: “Your doctor is a lifeguard, not a swim coach.”

In our current system, your doctor CAN’T be your swim coach and too many people expect them to be, treating their health like a “right” and not the result of EFFORT. In all other aspects of life we recognize the need for training and practice to achieve not just excellence but even competence, yet somehow expect that despite constant abuse our bodies should just keep delivering!

I picked this up on Facebook the other day: “I don’t work hard because I hate my body, I work hard because I LOVE IT.”

Great article! Julie Foucher is as smart as she is fit.

2. Adam P says:

Power Snatch = worked up to 115 lbs
    Suprise = 6:18 (40 sec PR)

3. Annette says:

Power Snatch = worked up to 90# (15# PR). With a fail at 85# before getting it and another at 90#, I feel really good about getting past that mentally. I couldn’t do it last week with the back squats and went home frustrated.

Surprise WOD = 8:54 (w/ 3x singles). My first crack at this girl 🙂

4. Mindy says:

Power Snatch – 95#
    Surprise – 12:48

5. Ross says:

Split snatch: 185lbs.
    Surprise WOD: 6:41.

Split snatch. Something new to try. I liked it…seemed to work with my lack of flexibility. My technique still needs improvement…still muscling the bar up instead of a true snatch. Did a round at 95, another at 115, and then 5 rounds at 125.

Surprise: 8:30.

7. Byron says:

Split Snatch—first experience—185#

Annie–9:50

I have shoe envy thanks to Bobby!

8. Meghan McCoy says:

Not going to talk about snatches.

Suprise WOD rxd 10:02.

Redoing both this weekend.

Split Snatch – 115,125,125,135,135,145,145
    found this easier than squat snatch because of my inflexibility, nice to mix it up

Surprise WOD – 6:46 (47 sec PR)

Split Snatch – got up to 170#
    Surprise as Rx’d – 4:38

Then after the noon class
    Worked up to 250# squat clean, pull felt easy, 25# PR, and that’s the final leg I’ve been working up to for KING KONG.
    Thanks for the encouragement those that were there 🙂

Has anyone looked at the homepage of YouTube today………

Split Snatch: 85-95-105-115-125(f)-120(f)-120
    I tried several times for the 120 at the end…finally getting it after kneeling on the ground for what seemed like a long time before standing up. Squat snatch PR is 125, so I was happy to get 120 since I’ve never done split snatch before.

Surprise WOD as Rx’d – 4:44 …19 second PR and I think the first time I’ve ever done it completely unbroken 🙂

I challenge Mr. RossBoss Von Minden to a DUAL tomorrow morning at 7:30 am (more like 7:45 because you are always late) if you so accept…..

The dual will be P-I-G style max shoulders-to-overhead (from front or back rack)
    – We will start at 225# increasing by 10# increments until 255# then by 5# increments
    – If you miss a lift, just as in PIG, you will get a letter and a chance to repeat the lift
    – After you have received 3 letters you can “chance it” (1 final attempt) or “prove it” (make your opponent attempt the lift again)

*Wager is 5 ON DEMAND BURPEES

Do you accept RossBoss?

14. Kylie says:

Split Snatch #100. Failed 3 times at 105, thought I would of gotten. I just wanted to beat Michelle. But I failed.
    Surprise 17:43 Rx’d.
    My first WOD with doing all of the Double Unders!!! 🙂
    Ps. I got my 6 consecutive double unders. (and extreme whip burns, all up and down my arms and legs) so worth it. I feel so accomplished. 🙂

15. Ross V.M. says:

Split snatch: 185lbs
    Annie: 6:41.
    Def a PR on Annie, first time ever with a split snatch….it was wierd.

Annie – 5:51

Squat Snatch – I tweaked my knee a little at 140, so I just stopped there and moved on to Annie.

Split snatch – 100#

No Annie for me. Did the OC throwdown wod Bobby made as this week’s YOU Challenge (for winning last week with pistol Karen):
    75 double under
    25 ft handstand walk
    30 ghd sit ups (I did toes to bar)
    25 ft handstand walk
    75 double unders
    25 ft handstand walk

Shoulder burner
    Time – 7:51

18. Tara says:

Started to work on snatches and quickly grew frustrated with myself because my brain wasn’t working with my body to know what snatch i was working on so I didnt really track rounds or weight.
    Then did wod club open week 3 and got 7:23.

And finished with Annie rx’d at 7:20 which is a pr by 1:41 from Dec 2010.

Awesome job on muscle up Jason!