1/12/12

Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Dave Lipson: 455-485-505-515-520lbs.
Rob Orlando: 405-425-445-465-475(fail) lbs.
Post loads to comments.

Compare to 12/6/11

Then………….

SURPRISE

January “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for January

–  Teague – 205# Overhead Squat
–  Annette – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Bart – 225# Oversquat x2
–  Leann – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Todd – 5:15 Fran
–  Lance – 2:58 Fran
–  Annette – 1st Kipping Pull Up
–  Jodi – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups

33 Responses to 1/12/12

Just trying to refresh my video editing skillz, I want to make another video for the gym but need a lot more video.

Any feedback, thoughts, critiques, suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Andi says:

AH! I love the u/s pic!!

3. Bart says:

I think that’s a great idea Bobby! With the number of people that have been coming in on the weekends and the great atmosphere during those workouts, it might be a good time to get some footage of all the members over the next several weeks.

• Meghan says:

Totally agree with Bart! Saturday class is crazy! And maybe if people have a skill they want to show off, like if they learned to climb the rope recently or do doubleunders, muscle ups, HSPU, handstand walks ect…

4. Meghan says:

Back Squat 85, 95, 105, 110, 115(2F) then because I wanted to work on form I went back down to 105, 110, 115, then did a 1 rep max of 125.

Today was a struggle! Big thank you to Michelle for helping me out and making me fight through it, I definitely needed the extra push today. And great job on hitting 200# you are a beast!

I agree! We have a lot of cool people doing a lot of cool things…time to collect some footage.

And I must say that baby is magnificent! Like a combination of Fergie and Jesus

6. Byron says:

Topped out at 345 today. Got 365 3x’s but not low enough.

Death by Pullups: 18 + 15
    Back Squats 5×3: 155-165-185-205-215 (10# PR for 3RM)
    Surprise WOD: 3:19

For the video, I’d really like to get some short clips of people talking about why they like CrossFit and how it’s helped them, both in fitness and life…doesn’t have to be much, but would any of you guys be interested in volunteering for something along those lines??

Back Squats 5×3: 225-245-255-275-285×1

10. Meghan says:

Get on my facebook today and guess what pops up on my news feed from the CrossFit Games page? Bobby Noyce doing “Pistol Karen”! I had a little geek out super proud 515 moment, about time they recognized how awesome our gym is:) Great job Bobby!

11. Michelle says:

Back squat 5×3 155, 175, 185, 195, 200 (5# PR from last time)
    Good Job Meghan, today was fun 🙂
    count me in for a video (maybe I’ll be able to do a MU by then!)

“Filthy Fifty” – 16:59

Got awefully filthy…those burpees took me to a BAAAAD place!

2 weeks in a row of failing my MU attempts 🙁 I think it’s over. Epic video fail (sorry Justin, Bobby, Jaime). Even if I get both arms turned over, I don’t think I can get out of a super low dip anymore. I’m too heavy. Sigh.

Ideas for other (CrossFit) things it would be cool to see a big pregnant lady do?

Back Squat 5×3: 275,285,295,315,325(1)
    was focused on the depth vs overall weight,
    depth is getting better at the heavier weights

Surprise WOD: 3:59