1/11/12

FILTHY FIFTY

For time:
50 Box jump (24″) (20″) (12″)
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings (35/26) (26/18) (18/Dbell)
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows (Hanging Knee Raises) (Leg Raises)
50 Push press (45/35) (35/25) (25/15)
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots (20/14) (14/10) (10/6)
50 Burpees
50 Double unders (3 x Singles) (2 x Singles)

Derek Mohamed 16:23, Kevin Montoya 17:26, Mel Ockerby 20:36.
Post time to comments.

Compare to 6/29/11

January “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for January

–  Teague – 205# Overhead Squat
–  Annette – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Bart – 225# Oversquat x2
–  Leann – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Todd – 5:15 Fran
–  Lance – 2:58 Fran
–  Annette – 1st Kipping Pull Up
–  Jodi – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups

18 Responses to 1/11/12

Filthy Fifty, as rx’d: 22:22 (almost 5 minutes better than last time…it felt pretty good).

2. Annette says:

Filthy Fifty: 26:32 … scaled. Did this workout in my first week at 515 and I wish I could say I was faster, but I wasn’t. Slower by over a minute. 🙁

I did use more weight (KB, Wall ball & Push Press) and my knees were CLOSER to my elbows than in my first attempt FOR SURE, so that’s something. No sleep last night had me feeling like all I could do was get through this one. Looking forward to taking it on again!

Love the paleo chart … clever!

3. Byron says:

Filthy Fifty–Rx’d–24:26–always a worthy adversary that “50”
    Good work Todd, Jaime, Bobby–pacesetters!

4. Ross V.M. says:

Got filthy with it today: 26:18. About 25 of those minutes were spent on burpess….felt BRUTAL.
    Great work Ash and Bobby, you guys killed it!

Filthy Fifty as Rxd- 18:46
    PR by over 2:00 and my goal was sub 20:00, so I’m super happy with this 🙂
    Nice work, Todd..I felt you breathing down my neck the whole time!

6. Meghan says:

Filthy Fifty 26:48 Rx”d except for knees to elbow (tore my hands yesterday and just couldn’t hang on).

Last time in June I did knee raises as well but not doubleunders. So I am still considering this a legitimate PR by 3:12!

Great job today everybody! And especially Shelley on getting cleared to jump yesterday and deciding on doing box jumps, jumping pullups, and double unders! Guess thats why you’re the fittest on earth:)

Filthy 50 as Rx’d – 19:41 – Over two minutes slower than last time. Still feel like I’m trying to get my conditioning back after the layoff but honestly I just couldnt get myself into that dark, scary place. And the dark scary place is primarily only during the wall balls and burpees. Very frustrating to not mentally get where I needed to be for this one. Burpees were just miserable. The rest of the noon class had no problem digging in…rediculously awesome efforts!

Filthy Fifty rx’d – 28:41. Really struggled with knees to elbows … kipping those wasn’t happening. And my burpees are now strict burpees from the knees (get down, push up from knees, stand up). PR on this is 19:08 and my goal was under 30:00 so .. SUCCESS!

Noon class was killing it! A little disappointing though — I wanted to see Bart puke.

9. travis says:

The dirty fifty. Named that because you look dirty from all the burpees. Rx’d 19:59. Dbl unders killed me and knees to elbow could be better. Noon crew kicked arse today yeahh

Filthy Fifty as Rx’d – 14:29
    Not a PR (that guy in the video is a cheat), but couldn’t really compare because I did the full-extension of my arms on knees-to-elboes versus holding at 90 degrees. Not sure that it is any harder but takes twice as long. Still felt solid about it though, just not necessarily comparable.

Awesome efforts all around today, that is a TUFF one 🙂

11. Travis says:

Filthy fifty Rx’d 19:59. The real reason why it is called that is because you are dirty from the burpees. Hahaha. Noon crew brought the pain today . Honorable mention to…Lance,Justin,Bart, Lindsay and Leeann

12. Mindy says:

Filthy Fifty as rx’d 27:08, I was really glad I had my Sis pushing me through the burpees and counting my double unders!

13. Bartbart says:

Filthy fifty as rx’d – 17:36. had bobby get the puke bucket when i started burpees. luckily didn’t need it though.

14. kylie says:

Seems like I missed a good one with my noon class:( slept through my two alarms after my nap from after finals.. rats! disappointed wanted to do this wod:( good job everyone!

I’m in a hotel in Columbus, OH…ran a 5k on the tredmill before our first meeting.