1/10/12

Nate

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
2 Muscle-ups (3 x Pull-Ups/Dips) (with Band)
4 Handstand Push-ups (Ab-Mat Under Head) (Feet on Box)
8 Kettlebell swings (70/53) (53/35) (35/26)

Josh Everett 18 rounds. Post rounds completed to comments.

Compare to 6/21/11

In honor of Chief Petty Officer Nate Hardy, who was killed Sunday February 4th during combat operations in Iraq.

Nate is survived by his wife, Mindi, and his infant son Parker.

January “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for January

–  Teague – 205# Overhead Squat
–  Annette – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Bart – 225# Oversquat x2
–  Leann – 100# Overhead Squat
–  Todd – 5:15 Fran
–  Lance – 2:58 Fran
–  Annette – 1st Kipping Pull Up
–  Jodi – 5 Consecutive Pull Ups

24 Responses to 1/10/12

Nate is in the blue under armour shirt on the right……..but who is that sexy guy on top of the Hum-V in the top right???

“NATE” as Rx’d – 13rds plus 1 MU.

It’s always a special honor to do this fallen hero WOD.

R.I.P. Nate

“Nate” as Rx’d – 15 Rounds + 3 HSPU’s
    Not happy with my performance, and more importantly not happy with my effort. Gonna do it again tonight, and regardless of my score gonna make sure I leave it all out there.

“Nate”, tried to go rx’d, but started failing on muscle ups. 8 rds even.

5. Byron says:

Nate–Rx’d–8 rds + 1 MU
    Good WOD–deserving tribute. Still struggle with MU but getting better and fighting through, actually felt better on my MU as the WOD progressed, weird. Thanks for the encouragement Todd & Scott.

6. John Jackovin says:

Ha. All this strugging with MU’s. I did a total of 8 MU’s…a total of 8, so that means I did 4 rounds or less. Turns out it was less than 4 rounds, but I finished the KB swings cause I felt like an idiot.

One positive corn kernel of hope in the pile of shit that was my effort this AM, I did string a whole 2 MU’s together on my first attempt. That was the first time I was ever able to do more than 1 then drop. Having huge problems rotating my wrists over, but only on my right hand.

• Justin says:

Gotta take the positives man. You were out for a while but it will come back! Just gotta be patient. I’m dealing with a similar situation and yes, trying to be patient does suck!

• John Jackovin says:

Doesn’t it? Its like this gnawing feeling inside. And I have regressed at such a massive rate. I am sure u will fare better. I feel like I am back where I started. Oh well room to improve right?

• Meghan says:

You got it John! Keep working hard it will come back to you! And great job on the 2 muscle ups next time it will probably be 3:)

7. Adam P says:

Nate – 12 rounds + 4 kb swings. Always glad to do a workout for the unsung heroes that sacrifice so much for us. Just had a buddy get home safely from Afghanistan after his third tour in four years. (and got to see his 7 mo. old daughter for the first time) I’m glad Crossfit honors those that don’t make it home.

8. Mindy says:

Nate – pull ups, dips w/band, hspu w/abmat – 8 rounds + 6 pull ups

Cindy rx’d – 14 rounds + 10 reps

Hate opting out of a hero wod, but looking forward to when I’m able to do Nate rx’d again.

WODClub Open #2 “Bear Trap” – 17 rds + 3 reps @ 65# = 6825#
    Then,
    “Nate” as Rx’d (w strict HSPUs) – 9 rounds + 4 HSPUs

• Todd says:

1. So, if we move beyond stupidity, this does raise some interesting intellectual and philosophical ideas. One of the central ideas around capitalism is that economies can always expand, but what we’re finding with recent history is that this tenet may not be true (at least through the economic mechanics that we’ve used to date: primarily manufacturing and services.
      2. And so, if there is a ceiling for capitalist economies (I’m not saying there is…just looking at this intellectually), then there is also a ceiling for work, true?
      3. One thing we know is certain is that the world population is GROWING. Therefore, with this growing population, we have more people trying to gain employment against a static, upper-threshhold of work. Not a good thing! This, in part, caused the collapse of the Soviet Union.
      4. If this is true (and only time will tell), then keep doing CrossFit, you’ll want to be fitter than the next guy!

• Ross V.M. says:

Todd makes some good points. The population is growing. Exponentially. The world population just passed SEVEN BILLION, which is incredible, since it did not reach ONE billion until 1804. The world is filling up at an increasing rate, and as Todd said, the traditional ideas of expansion potential may prove to be incorrect. There is no way that economic sustainability will continue in the future under the traditional systems. Technology has done amazing things in terms of productivity and efficiency, and perhaps (since it also advances exponentially) we will find solutions to all the problems that our success in reproducing will bring. However, I do believe that ultimately we will have to learn to ‘live with less’……and just in case, stay fit.

Wow, another great Keynesian idea.

12. Meghan says:

Well to stay fit to beat the next guy I did “Nate” 10 rounds plus 2 KB swings.

Started with progressions then kept failing with the band I chose and instead of wasting time I just switched to pull ups/dips. Did HSPU to abmat.