12/29/11

“Hidalgo”

For time:
Run 2 miles (1 Mile)
Rest 2 minutes
Squat clean, 20 reps (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)
20 Box jump (24″) (20″) (12″)
20 Walking lunge steps with plate held overhead (45/25) (25/15) (15/10)
20 Box jump (24″) (20″) (12″)
Squat clean, 20 reps (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)
Rest 2 minutes
Run 2 miles (1 Mile)

If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Chris Martirano 40:41, David Mcintyre 40:52, Chris Stowe 42:17, Shari Felman
42:38 (95lb clean, 25lb lunge).
Post time to comments.

December “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for December

–  Annette – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Janet – C&J 75#
–  Meghan – C&J 110#
–  Annette – C&J 105#
–  Ash – C&J 225#
–  Ben – C&J 245#
–  Jim – C&J 170#
–  Bob – C&J 170#
–  Mike F. – 1st Muscle Up!!!
–  RossBoss – 265# C&J
–  Fred – 195# C&J
–  Travis – 12 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Janet – Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Annette – 200# Deadlift
–  Michelle – 20 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Ben – 1st Muscle Up (followed by 21 more)
–  Ash – 455# Deadlift (King Kong weight)
–  Bobby – 485# Deadlift
–  RossBoss – 500# Deadlift

26 Responses to 12/29/11

1. Tara K says:

So, I looked at this workout and said “yikes” this is going to be long & painful and as much as I look forward to these Hero WOD’s, I also don’t look forward to them and have anxiety until the 3.2.1..Go!. Then I went out and read about Hidalgo, a U.S. Army soldier based in Vilseck, Germany and died in Kandahar. My youngest brother, Tyler, is in a Stryker Infintry unit based in Vilseck and he was on tour in Kandahar the same time as Hidalgo. Fortunately, Tyler made it back to Vilseck and while he did not know Hidalgo, the fact that they’ve been in the same places serving our country and that their paths may have crossed in either place or at Fort Benning makes me realize how lucky Tyler was and how brave all those serving (or have served) are. Thank You Hidalgo, Rest in Peace.
    I have a new appreciation for “Hidalgo” after reading about him and while I will still have anxiety about this WOD, I am looking forward to giving 100% effort in honor of him. (I may even attempt using a vest…that is if Jaime/Bobby have enough time for as long as it’ll take me!)

Hidalgo. Rx’d. 48:30.

As Rx’d – 43:15 (20# vest)

Well said Tara! Pretty much exactly what I was thinking today. When I was about a mile into the 2nd run all I could think about was my side-ache, shoulders cramping, and my lower back just screaming, body really wanted to slow down…..and then all I kept telling myself is you’re not working out for yourself today and picked up my pace. In my mind these are always my way of showing respect for those that put their lives on the line….go through a little pain to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, trivial in the large picture but it is something.
    Thank you First Lieutenant Daren M. Hidalgo, it hurt 🙂

4. John Jackovin says:

46:30 and I am glad I didn’t try the vest. Once my lower back has proven worthy then I can go the extra mile. Yesterday and today have made me really sore. I can barely stand up. My legs appear to have atrophied the most from my forced break.

Hidalgo Rx’d — 43:33

Hidalgo rx’d (no vest) – 49:09. Can’t complain about running in 50 degree sunshine at the end of December 🙂

7. Byron says:

Monday’s WOD Rx’d—6 1/2 rounds–grip was smoked!

Tuesday WOD Rx’d—11:02

Today’s WOD Rx’d w/ 25lb vest–52:13

Oly shoes for Xmas–WIN!

“Hidalgo” with 20lbs vest – 58:21

9. Meghan McCoy says:

“Hidalgo” Rx’d 50:01 thank you again First Lieutenant Daren M. Hidalgo!

Goal for 2012: Get better at full depth on squats front, back, clean, snatch or any other kind there is.

10. Travis says:

Dear Hidalgo

As I thought about your WOD today I was reminded of all that you sacrificed. I was reluctant to start , but after kissing all my girls goodbye and telling them I love them and ill be back in a bit, my thoughts returned to you and your family and said “a Debt of Gratitude must be paid”. As the count down hit 1 my friends and I started out and off we went. The day was beautiful . Your 20lbs vest reminded me of Integrity, Strength and Honor. I felt you the most on the 3rd mile and wanted to turn around and come home. But how do you Bestow such an Honor on a man like you by quitting? I continued and things got easier, I thought about you a lot and whats it was like over there, the person you must have been like, your character etc. etc. Then As I rounded the corner and saw the gym I knew the end was near and pictured you cheering me on. When it was done the pain left the hurt was gone and things returned to normal. The one thing I Remember about you the most is that it took them 2 times to kill you. That in itself is amazing. You choose to stay behind, you choose to be the Guy that everyone wants to be like..because of that.. You are Legend and always remember only the Great Ones have WODS named after
    them. I look forward to the day when we can do this WOD together.

In Christ name
    Travis Parton

“Hidalgo” (rowed and did step ups) – 45:38 I think I’m glad that I still can’t run. I’m sure I was way faster rowing 4 miles than I would have been running. Kudos to all who took this WOD on wearing a vest!

12. Ben says:

rx’d 48:25. no vest. weather was unreal! so nice.

tara, thanks for sharing what you did. i have so much respect for those serving for us! you brother included.

13. Michelle says:

rx’d no vest, 47:58
    RIP First Lieutenant Hidalgo and Thank you & God Bless those in Service, past and present!

“Hidalgo” as Rx’d – 49:41 (20# vest)

Thanks very much for sharing, Tara and Travis. This one definitely felt like an extra special hero WOD…super nice weather and all! It was an honor, First Lieutenant Hidalgo.

15. Ross V.M. says:

Hidalgo=RIDICULOUS. As xr’d 55:35 (vest). Everyone else has already said it….Thank you Lt. Hidalgo. Thank you to all your brothers and sisters.

I like the comments today…. and the video you posted Bobby.

Off day for me today…I look forward to “Hidalgo” tomorrow. I’m kind of wierd in the sense that I really like doing these workouts on my own. The real battle for me takes place there, with myself, whatever happens from there doesn’t matter…

17. Tara K says: