12/9/11

“Barber”

2 Rounds For Time:
15 Handstand Push Ups (Ab-Mat Under Head) (Feet on Box)
20 Pull-Ups (with Band)
25 Box Jumps (24/20) (20/12) (12/8)
30 Deadlifts (185/135) (135/95) (95/65)
35 Burpees

Violetta Varga, 440lb deadlift world record holder@ 148lbs bodyweight. Same woman in both photos.

“but I don’t want to get all big and muscley”………haha try

December “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for December

–  Annette – 1st Rope Climb!
–  Janet – C&J 75#
–  Meghan – C&J 110#
–  Annette – C&J 105#
–  Ash – C&J 225#
–  Ben – C&J 245#
–  Jim – C&J 170#
–  Bob – C&J 170#
–  Mike F. – 1st Muscle Up!!!
–  RossBoss – 265# C&J
–  Fred – 195# C&J

13 Responses to 12/9/11

Barber, as rx’d: 21:38. It looks like a winter wonderland out there! Nice.

“Barber” as Rx’d – 13:56

• Jaime says:

“Santa” challenge- 12.5# weighted muscle-up

Death by Clean & Jerk- 12 rounds + 6
      Thanks very much for yelling at me, Bobby, Lance and Teresa!

Made up the Back Squat workout yesterday – 225, 245, 255, 265, 275 (1)

I waited too long to do 275. But, this is really good for me since I haven’t been able to put any decent weight on a squat rack in a long time. Thanks to Lance my knee pain is gone and I think that 275 is a PR for me! That’s the most weight I’ve ever been able to squat besides on a guided squat machine!

4. Ross V.M. says:

I’m diggin’ the WOD variance from mainsite today. Currently trying not to punch a hole in my computer monitor at work, can’t wait to get in and kill it this evening…

5. Ben says:

5 min AMRAP

10 KB (2 pood)
    20 Double Unders

5 rds + 9 DU’s

6. Annette says:

Barber (Scaled w/ 125# DL / 20″ / blue band): 27:30! Brutal. Lots of room for improvement here, I spent a lot of time sucking wind …

“Barber” as Rx’d (with 30″ BJ’s) – 11:50, ouchers

Great efforts so far today, eezz a tuff 1!

“Barber” -24:56 HSPU to an abmat (second round abmat and 10lb plate), 20″ step ups, the rest as rx’d
    Would like to do this one totally rx’d when I’m bootless
    I know……whine,whine,whine. Sure hope this boot comes off next week!
    Hope to see everyone tomorrow night for some Christmas cheer 🙂

Barber w/ kipping HSPUs – 16:56