11/21/11

Nutts

For time:
10 Handstand push-ups (Ab-Mat Under Head) (Feet on Box)
Deadlift, 15 reps (250/165) (165/115) (115/75)
25 Box jumps (30/24) (24/20) (20/12)
50 Pull-ups (with Band)
100 Wallball shots (20/14) (14/10) (10/6)
200 Double-unders (2 x Singles)
Run 400 meters with a plate (45/25) (25/15) (15/10)

Post time to comments

Compare to 1/10/11

November “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for November

–  Travis – 4:05 Fran Rx’d
–  Howard – 490 Jump Ropes in 1 Workout
–  Jaime – 175# Clean & Jerk
–  Tara – 7 Consecutive C2B Pullups
–  Travis – Deadlift 405#
–  Bobby – Back Squat 405#
–  Ross – 195# Snatch
–  Lance – 215# Snatch
–  Lindsay – 110# Snatch
–  Jodi – 75# Thruster
–  Annette – 95# Thruster

18 Responses to 11/21/11

Nutts, as rx’d – plus 5 extra pounds pounds for deadlift (because I’m an idiot and couldn’t figure out how to get my bar to 250#): 24:13. A great way to start a Monday. A lot of energy for the 6:30 class…very cool.

2. Annette says:

Nutts (Mostly Blue): 22:57 Can’t do HSPU’s, had to use toes-on-box and still find them incredibly hard! I actually didn’t mind the wall balls but I do not like running with a plate. I don’t think I’d like talking with a plate either, I need to be able to use my HANDS! That was the hardest 400 I’ve ever done and I seriously considered walking with 100m to go – but gutted it out.

Good job everyone this morning — I agree with Todd — lovin’ the energy at 6:30!

Nutts as Rx’d – 24:06

I spent about 8 minutes on Double unders…I hate Double unders!

As Rx’d – 13:09 (PR by 1:46)
    Agreed 6:30 was awesome, probably had something to do with my war cries (probably sounded more like a crying baby) mid workout 🙂
    And great job on the run Annette, I really wanted to catch you, we passed the 200 mark at pretty much the same time and you smoked me, nice work!

Oh……..and this is still my favorite Hero WOD, thank you Lieutenant Andrew Richard Nuttall

5. Michelle says:

I mixed up the black and blue today…blue HSPU, black deadlift, black box jumps, blue pull-ups, black wall balls, blue jumprope, black 400m run. 24:31…Good work today 6:30!

“Nutts” as Rx’d – 22:28 (I did the weights that the girls on mainsite did last time this one was up – 205 DL, 30″ box jump, 16# WB, 35# plate)
    Still not feeling quite 100% over being sick last week, but getting there. Best part was I started the workout doing 9 (almost all 10) consecutive strict HSPUs! My previous best was 6.

Good job to ALL the morning classes 🙂 Great way to start off a short Thanksgiving week!
    Also, I just have to share this…I overhead heard Steve say to John this morning after the workout, “Well, the rest of the day will be easy now!” And I seriously got chills. I’ve said all along that this is one of my favorite parts about CrossFit, not only people coming in and doing things they didn’t think possible for them to do (myself included – big time!), but because of that, the rest of their daily life seems easier. CrossFit makes people better at everything- better at life. How cool is that!?!

7. Byron says:

Nutts Rx’ed–24:06 w/ one nicely busted shin (underestimated my lack of vertical ability and how high the 30″ box really is)

Agree with Ash on this one–double unders got in the way.

8. Mindy says:

Mostly blue, lil black 25:06. Almost every morning since I’ve started, there has come a point in each workout where I’ve had to push myself through tears, today it was at wallball 65, it’s always a great moment 🙂

• Bobby says:

Not gonna lie that is pretty BADA$$! Same thing happens to me every single workout, but I call it “hitting the wall” cause I never cry…..ever 🙂 But honestly the days you can push through it and hold absolutely nothing back are the most rewarding feelings I have ever felt from anything in my life, probably the reason it is so addicting. Keep up the hard work!

• Jaime says:

Yep! It is a scary, but awesome feeling 🙂

9. John Jackovin says:

Another hero WOD smacked me down. Yep, I was smacked down by nutts. :\ Did 7 HSPU in a row which is my record then struggled like a fat kid up a ladder on the last 3. Somewhere, probably deadlifts (which were so nice and easy), I screwed up my back again. Made jumping (box/rope) very painful, but I figured it was fuxed already, so I kept moving. So frustrating. My time < 1hour.

“Nutts” – 17:13

I felt that week and a half off…lots of lung burn on this one.

11. Bart says:

“Nutts” – 16:50. Had to change some things up with the torn hamstring. Sub’d 135lb hang cleans for deadlifts and had to do box jumps pretty much one legged at 20″. Obviously wasn’t hitting squat depth on wall balls either so it turned in to a massive shoulder workout. Can’t wait to do this one when I’m healed up.

12. Meghan McCoy says:

“Nutts”- 27:30 All black except 155# deadlift (only because I can’t add the weight right and thought I was doing 115 so happy mistake I guess) and did single jumps.

I read Lieutenant Andrew Richard Nuttall’s story on the journal back in August during preseason while I was having CrossFit withdraw. It made it that much more important for me to do this one today. Knowing how much this man and his family sacrificed for our country makes 100 wall balls seem easier. Just another way CrossFit is unique and really awesome. Thanks again Lieutenant!

Nutts with kipping hspus, 205# DL, 30″ box jumps, 35# plate – 29:06. A few minutes slower than last time. These long workouts are not my things anymore.