11/1/11

Set a cone at 20 meters. Five rounds for time of:
Barbell Overhead walk, 40 meters (185/125) (125/95) (95/65)
30 Wallball shots (20/14) (14/10) (10/6)
Barbells Farmer carry, 40 meters (95/65) (65/45) (45/35)

The barbells must be turned around the cone.

Post time to comments.

November “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for November

27 Responses to 11/1/11

Today’s WOD (135# for overhead barbell walk): 29:37.

Important information. If we’re in an emergency situation and I need to carry you overhead, throw you over a wall or something, and you weigh more than 135 pounds you’re in trouble. Even if you’re at my 135 pound threshold, I may drop you…sorry.

Yesterday: The Other CF Total – 575
    Clean – 215 (PR)
    Bench – 195 (tied PR)
    OH Squat – 165 (way off PR, wrist is junked up)

Today – Yesterday’s WOD – 23:08. The light weight fooled me, this was a brutal combination of movements. Kicked my butt.

Last night did “Tabata Something Else” – 119+105+114+144 = 482

That’s a 33 rep PR from the last time I did this one.

Today’s wod rx’d – 27:44. For some reason I was thinking this was a 3 round workout until I was half way through my 3rd round of wallballs and saw Michelle start her 4th round. That did not make me happy 🙁 Really sick of the long workouts lately!

Way to crush this one, Michelle! Awesomeness.

Today – Yesterday’s WOD Rx’d – 25:50

6. John Jackovin says:

Today’s WOD as RX’d 28:42. Could have been faster but my last leg of walking with 185lbs, it took many minutes to jerk the weight back up. Wallballs killed my shoulders too. The 95lb barbells felt like a walk in park compared to the other two.

7. Michelle says:

Thank you guys! Today was fun, great work everybody 🙂

I’m becoming a blogger …

Thoughts?

• Justin says:

Very nice! Not that I am biased or anything. This should help me keep in tune with your pregnancy 😉

• Shelley says:

Great idea! I like what you’ve blogged so far. Maybe include some info on your eating habits and how they change, if they do. Looking forward to following it.

• Jim says:

Great idea, Z; and so far great content. Although, as the father of the expecting Mother, the first headline wouldn’t have been my first choice 🙂

Also, since I’m always out of breath 30 seconds into the WODs and rest more than I workout, I want to assure everyone at CrossFit515 that I am not pregnant.

9. Byron says:

Brutal WOD to say the least but better time than last: 28:59. I had to drop down to 165# overhead, left arm was going numb. Not sure what that’s about! Good work John and thanks Todd for the encouragement.

10. Annette says:

First things first: I haven’t gotten to tell you personally: CONGRATULATIONS!

And, I love the blog! It will be fun watching your baby grow and this will be such a cool record of your pregnancy. Not to mention a great way to reach out to other CF moms-to-be!

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head: listen to your body and give it what it needs, you won’t regret it. A strong & healthy mama is a good thing. It’s such an exciting time of life! My experience was dog tired for awhile, then a “D*mn! I feel great!” period, and finally “Well, doing anything with this belly is just awkward.”

So much of it is just out of your control, I say roll with it, get creative with the WOD’s (Baby Rx?) as you go along and most of all ENJOY every MINUTE of IT! 🙂

11. Lance says:

Todays wod Rx’d in 20:25 I think? Somewhere around there. I like the combo of stuff in this workout. Great job to the noon class…it was a bit chaotic. I give the determination award for the day to Fred…those farmer carries were trying to get the best of you. Secretly, I wanted to say “No Rep!” everytime you dropped them 🙂

Today’s WOD w 135# – 18:23

Z, love the blog 🙂

Today’s WOD – 23:05 (95lbs overhead walk and the other movements rx’d) Kind of scary WOD with those barbells going crazy all over the place.

Nice to get to talk to you Kyle. I’ll have to branch out from my normal 7:30 class time more often.

• Shelley says:

Of course I meant Kylie 🙂

• kylie says:

Yes! It was a very good talk! 🙂 I think we did more talking than working out… ughh not really but I am glad I killed no one with the barbells. And Shelley, I’m glad I could get out of there before you went.. you probably would’ve purposely tried to get me 😉 ha
        I was focusing on “trying not to break them” as Bobby said. This wod didn’t like me. Or I should infer farming isn’t for me.. 35:00. Black except for OH: 105

A few things to log:

Yesterday
    “The Other Total”
    Power Clean – 235# (10# PR)
    Bench – 255# (5# PR I think)
    Overhead Squat – 255# (10# PR, Proud of this, really didn’t want it to get the best of me 🙂

Last Night with Billy (Thanks for waiting for me)
    “Tabata Something Else”

KB Swings (2 pood)
    Bar-facing Burpees
    Then 75 DU’s
    Time – 6:24

Tonight
    Today’s WOD as Rx’d – 17:09
    Think I could have gone about 30-40 seconds faster if RossBoss wouldn’t have speared me in round 4 🙂

15. Ben says:

First round rx’d and then I had to go down in weight to 165 for the OH carry. That was so gross. This took me 30some mins.