10/31/11

BLACK/BLUE/GREY WODS
Three rounds for time of:
15 Overhead squats (95/65)
(65/45)(45/25)
15 L Pull-ups (Pull-Ups)(w band)
15 Split-jerks (95/65)
(65/45)(45/25)
15 Knees to elbows (hanging knee raises)(leg raises)
15 Hang cleans (95/65)(65/45)(45/25)
15 Back extensions (25 pounds)(15/10)(10/0)

Hold 25 pound plate or dumbbell to chest for back extensions.

Josh Everett 15:28, Austin Malleolo 15:50, Dave Lipson 16:10, Russel Berger 16:37.

October “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for October

–  Team 515 – Won the Life AsRx Chicago Competition!!!
–  Chelsea – 1st Kipping Pull Up!
-  Billy – 101 Consecutive Double Unders
-  Travis – 5 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Tracy – Erica’s BDay WOD as Rx’d
–  Jim – 52 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Travis – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Taylor – 1st Kipping Pull Up!
- Jim – 1st Kipping HSPU
–  Fred –  1st Handstand
–  John – 475# Deadlift
–  Lindsay – Sub 6 Minute Mile
–  Lance – Sub 6 Minute Mile
–  Annette – 7:20 Mile
–  Jodi – 8 Minute Mile
–  Janet – 165# Deadlift
–  Bobby – ULTIMATE ATHLETE (4:43 mile & 445# DL)!
–  Lance – ULTIMATE ATHLETE (5:54 mile & 560# DL)!
–  Justin – 395# Deadlift
–  Leann – 1st Kipping Pull Ups!!!
–  Brian King – 1st Muscle Up!
–  Ross – King Kong!
–  Chauncey – HAS A HEART BEAT!!!
–  Annette – 100# Power Clean (75% of BW)

10 Responses to 10/31/11

Today’s WOD: 31:37 (just used a 45# bar for ohs…working on form…everything else rx’d). Didn’t feel any mojo on this one.

Black WOD – 19:25
    I think I may have even had a few legit L-pullups in there today.

3. Annette says:

Today’s WOD: 28:37 (55#). I like the lifting (well until the 3rd round – I knew I could do it, just wasn’t sure I wanted to…) and the pullups are coming along but I just couldn’t get the knees-to-elbows thing going, so I’ll call them hanging knee raises. As always – room for improvement – but like the progress I’m making with the lifts.

Yesterday’s WOD:
    Clean, 1 rep = 235#PC (PR)
    Bench press, 1 rep = 235#(NOT PR)
    Overhead squat, 1 rep= 205# (PR)

As Rx’d – 18:46

Today’s WOD – 29:26 Rx’d except for the L-pull ups (used a band to try to simulate an “L” and help do them strict)….. very hard still and they took me forever 🙁

7. Bart says:

Was able to kind of do today’s workout which felt awesome. Did the weight Rx’d and was able to do the OHS within a few inches of squat depth. I did Power Cleans instead of Squat Cleans and sub’d supermans for back extensions. Just happy to be able to do something that resembled a squat today 🙂

• Jaime says:

..and the supermans were fitting because for anyone who didn’t hear, Bart’s part superhero 🙂 He has super-healing powers!
      Seriously thou, it’s impressive what you’ve been able to do only 10 days later.

wod rx’d (kinda for L pull ups) – 26:28. My lower back did not like that workout