10/14/11

The “Ultimate AthleteChallenge

– Run 1 Mile as fast as you can
– As soon as you get done running the mile you have EXACTLY the time it took you to run to find a 1 Rep Max Deadlift

October “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for October

–  Team 515 – Won the Life AsRx Chicago Competition!!!
–  Chelsea – 1st Kipping Pull Up!
-  Billy – 101 Consecutive Double Unders
-  Travis – 5 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Tracy – Erica’s BDay WOD as Rx’d
–  Jim – 52 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Travis – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Taylor – 1st Kipping Pull Up!
– Jim – 1st Kipping HSPU
– Fred – 1st Handstand

18 Responses to 10/14/11

1. John Jackovin says:

Mile: 5:45 Deadlift: 475 = 70

I did PR on DL by 20lbs so that’s cool.

“Ultimate Athlete” Challenge
    Mile – 5:52
    DL – 385
    Score – 167

Felt pretty good about the score, still not running pain free however. Left foot was still bothering me on the turns.

“Ultimate Athlete” Challenge
    Mile – 6:15
    DL – 335
    Score – 280

Bobby Noyce is an ULTIMATE ATHLETE 🙂 Congratulations, Bobby! That was so cool!!

This morning did 2 min TTB challenge: 48 …think I could do better, couldn’t get in rhythm.
    Gonna do Ultimate Athlete Challenge at lunch.

Truly impressive Bobby!

Today’s Main site WOD 365, 385, 405, 415, 425, 435 (PR), 440(PR)
    then:

“Ultimate Athlete” Challenge

Mile – 5:33
    DL – 425
    Score – 108

4:43 Mile – 445# DL = -2
    Thanks everybody! I think there was a reason I hadn’t tried this since I made it up about a year and a half ago……..it was scary walking up to the bar after not nearly enough recovery 🙂

Awesome job by a lot of people this morning, PR’s PR’s PR’s Cool Board!

Wow, lots of impressive ultimate athlete scores! Nice job, Bobby! Justin tricked me into sleeping in with him this morning, but I’ll be in this afternoon.

8. Bart says:

5:37 Mile – 435#DL = 102

Thanks again Jaime for setting the pace on the mile run. That’s a 13 second PR for me and the deadlift tied my previous PR. I think I had another 15lbs in me on the DL but time ran out. Great workout and awesome job to both Bobby and Lance for acheiving ultimate athlete status.

• Jaime says:

No problem, I didn’t know you were right behind me. Good job, Bart! And yeah, the wind was a b*tch…just didn’t want to say that before we started 🙂

5:37 Mile – 335# DL = 202
    Mile PR by 12 seconds and tied my deadlift PR! I tried 340# and held it for like 30 seconds but couldn’t get my hips all the way open. Pretty sure I could have done it if I haven’t done 335 first. That was a great workout, Bobby.
    And AWESOME job to Lance too…I now know 2 Ultimate Athletes 🙂

• John Jackovin says:

See that’s why u should have ran at 5:30. Would have nice to have someone pushing me (other than Bobby just yelling at me once per 400m).

Mile 5:54 – 305# deadlift = 249
    Double PR! First sub-6:00 mile (summer goal finally accomplished) and DL PR by 5# 🙂

Mile – 5:12 – 365# deadlift – 147

Wasn’t too happy with the mile time but I did get 395# deadlift, 30# PR. Too bad it was a good 3 mins after my time ended to find my 1RM. Very cool workout though!