10/2/11

Five rounds for time of:
6 Handstand push-ups (Ab-Mat Under Head) (Feet on Box)
12 Chest-to-bar pull-ups (Normal Pull-Ups) (with Band)
24 Weighted walking lunges (35/25) (25/15) (15/10)

Austin Malleolo 5:48, Annie Thorisdottir 6:01 (25lb DBs), Josh Everett6:22, Jesse Bazarnick 6:50, Kristan Clever 8:03 (35lb DBs), Laurie Galassi 8:39 (25lb DBs).
Post time to comments.

October “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for October

–  Team 515 – Won the Life AsRx Chicago Competition!!!

24 Responses to 10/2/11

1. Jim says:

Congrats to Team CF515 for your victory at the Chicago AsRx competition. You were all awesome!!

It was a great team effort and a ton of fun to be along for the ride.

I can’t wait to use the sled you guys won.

Congratulation Team 515!! You guys are all excellent competitors and good sports as well. It was an honor to have you represent us, Lance, Justin, Ross, and Lauren. And I’m so excited about our new sled 🙂

Also heard about some great performances back at 515 while we were gone. Especially Erica and Todd T doing “Carse” as Rx’d this moring!! And can’t wait to try Cael’s bday WOD.

Today’s WOD
    HSPU w/abmat, ugly chest to bar pull-ups, and 35# dumbbells

19:33

4. Bart says:

Hell yeah! Awesome job Team 515. I can’t wait to hear all about it.

Today’s WOD as rx’d: 18:30-ish….forgot to look at my time 2x so that I’d remember it.

Way to go 515! Awesomeness.

“Carse” – 49:38

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
    95 pound Squat clean
    Double-under
    185 pound Deadlift
    24″ Box jump
    Begin each round with a 50 meter Bear crawl.

Black WOD as Rx’d – 11:01
    12 unbroken C2B pullups in the 1st round is the most I’ve even done before…they kinda fell apart after that thou!

8. Lauren says:

Had an awesome time this weekend w/ all of you and look forward to our next comp! Can’t wait to get in the gym tonight & see everyone/ do the WOD. Lots of stuff to work on for skill day but super excited about it. And for those of you who do not already know, Jamie did WOD 4 2x through (that equals 4x on the Prowler)since I had a hand injury in WOD 3/ have yet to ever knock out the 95lb required snatch. She and Lance absolutely killed it! We have the best coaches/gym EVER!

Black WOD as Rx’d – 6:29 (Unbroken)

• Bobby says:

I don’t think the team full of “sponsored” athletes was very happy that team 515 beat them, awesome job guys! And I’m still not exactly sure how Jaime didn’t get 1st

• Justin says:

No they were not happy! U can see in the pictures they were frantically looking at the score sheet after we were announced as the winners. Didn’t receive too many congrats. Jaime didn’t get first because simple math is sometimes too much for a crossfitter to handle.

Awesome job, Team!!! Way to represent!

Chicago Life As Rx’d WOD 3:
    5 min AMRAP
    14 Box Jump 30″
    10 KB Snatch 1.5 pood

114 reps

Gotta say this weekend was an awesome experience. It was the first time competing for everyone on the team (excluding Jaime) and we showed up big! 515 was represented well in all aspects of the day – performance, attitude and sportsmanship. I’m proud to be associated with class acts that make me better every day! 515…we’ve got afffletes…lots of ’em!!!

Not sure if there are many other competitions (besides online) coming up soon, but we will keep out eyes open and keep everyone in the loop.

13. Adam P says:

Today’s wod black rx’d = 10:26. Everything went smooth except the lunges. I thought they would be the easy part of the workout.

“Carse” – 26:20
    21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
    95 pound Squat clean
    Double-under
    185 pound Deadlift
    24″ Box jump
    Begin each round with a 50 meter Bear crawl.

A WORLD OF PAIN….a world of pain. I thought that I had finished @ 20:48, then after I paced around for a couple of minutes Bobby reminded me about the bear crawls…so…a world of pain.

Just want to add my congrats to the CF515 competitors this weekend as well ….. a job well done in all aspects, including (and especially) sportmanship!

Todays WOD as rx’d – 27:58
    And Bob, very happy to have the title of DFL this morning because I was afraid it was going to be DFN and I’ll take DFL over DFN any day.

Black wod rx’d (kipping hspu) – 11:07

18. Tara says:

First day back and a very slow black wod: 19:24 (i think). did kipping HSPU and while I did C2B, my chest did not hit on all of them. Looking forward to getting back in shape!

19. Erica says:

Congrats to everyone that competed this weekend! You guys rock!

20. Ben says: