9/22/11

WOD

For Time:
5k Run (or Row)

Compare to 8/16/11

September “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for September

– Billy – 95 Consecutive Double Unders
– Billy – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
– Jaime – 5 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Tony – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!
–  Ross – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!
–  Todd – Butterfly Pull Ups
–  Taylor – 1st Rope Climb
–  Nick – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Jacob – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Kyle – 1st Ring Muscle Up
–  Nathan –  1st Ring Muscle Up
–  Blaise – 1st Ring Muscle Up
–  Blaise – 30 Muscle Ups For Time
–  Travis – 1st Ring Muscle Up
–  Shelley – 1st “REAL” Kipping Pull Up
–  Shelley – Clean & Jerk 115#
–  Jim – Back Squat 205#
–  Justin – 5 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  TEAM 515 – Won the Lincoln Soldier Challenge!
–  Bobby – Deadlift 475#
–  Lauren – 25 Consecutive Double Unders

11 Responses to 9/22/11

5k Run – 17:47 (1 second slower than my PR, felt cold and slow on my run back ahhhhh)

Wasn’t real happy so did back squats
    135 x 5
    135 x 3
    155 x 3
    175 x 3
    195 x 3
    215 x 3
    235 x 3
    255 x 3
    275 x 3
    295 x 3
    315 x 3
    345 x 4 (thank you for staying to watch in case I died mom)

New goal by the end of the year is to back squat 405#…….and to beat up Lance in a fight 🙂

2. Bart says:

Looks like nice weather on Saturday. I’m thinking the loser of the “Lynne-off” has to do the double unders while getting grenaded by water balloons.

• Jaime says:

What, you don’t think you’re in any danger of losing that one, Bart?! Looks awesome thou, I’m in!

• Bart says:

I actually think it’s going to be really close. I’m going to have a lot of ground to make up with my bench since Bobby can crank out the pull-ups. Should be fun to see how it shakes out.

It’s funny, I said this morning how I feel like we JUST did a 5K run, and Bobby pointed out that it was 5 weeks ago, just that it’s short in “CrossFit time.” I started running this morning but then decided after like 2 mins to turn around for fear I’d run face first into a tree since it was so dark out. I didn’t want to wait for it to get light, but also really didn’t want to row 5k (sounds like torture!), so Bobby suggested “Jerry” (1 mile run, 2k row, 1 mile run) – I guess I kinda did do both like you said, Erica 🙂

“Jerry” as Rx’d – 20:58 (previous time was 22:10 on 10/18/10)
    I ran my first mile in 5:49 (PR by 4 sec!) …so I’m stronger AND faster this week…I LOVE this CrossFit stuff!!

5K – 28:06 (PR by over 3 minutes) I haven’t run this distance since April. I still don’t like running but at least I’m getting better at it. I also LOVE this CrossFit stuff!!

5. Bart says:

Fight Gone Bad – 438 reps. I’m not doing this one again until next year!

5k 19:53 (PR)

I did 12.1 laps on a standard track…I guess I’m faster running on the track, but I don’t enjoy it more than running on a trail.