9/16/11

Black/Blue WODs

Five rounds for time of:
35 Double-unders (3 x Singles)
Run 200 meters

Jesse Bazarnick 4:30, Tyler Hinz 5:15, Amy Power 5:38, Candice Ruiz6:04.
Post time to comments.

September “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for September

– Billy – 95 Consecutive Double Unders
– Billy – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
– Jaime – 5 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Tony – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!
–  Ross – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!
–  Todd – Butterfly Pull Ups
–  Taylor – 1st Rope Climb
–  Nick – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Jacob – 1st Bar Muscle Up
–  Kyle – 1st Ring Muscle Up
–  Nathan –  1st Ring Muscle Up
–  Blaise – 1st Ring Muscle Up
–  Blaise – 30 Muscle Ups For Time
–  Travis – 1st Ring Muscle Up

–  Shelley – 1st “REAL” Kipping Pull Up

21 Responses to 9/16/11

DU/run WOD – 6:56

DU/run WOD – 8:33. Got hung up on the last 2 rounds of double unders. Spent time with Justin afterwards to improve my du skill. Thanks Justin!

3. Bart says:

Travis – not sure if you check the boards but nice work on the muscle-up. I knew it wouldn’t be long before you nailed it!

FGB this morning – 375. 10 reps less than a couple weeks ago 🙁

FGB Rx’d – 327

6. Jim says:

FGB – First time Rx’d – 230

I thought about teaming up with Bob Jennings and challenging Bobby to FGB. Our combined score against his score. Glad I didn’t, because we’d have lost.

Next time.

Redo from a few weeks ago.
    3 rounds:
    12 MU
    75 squats

15:31
    Muscle ups felt good for the first time in a while, just was taking too long of breaks in between sets. Strung 5 together to start the 2nd round…PR!

FGB as Rx’d – 483, PR by 5 reps, 15 better than 2 weeks ago. Completely games it and felt good until the last round of SDHP’s, ARrrrrrrr that workout never gets any easier

FGB RX’D- 427

FBG as Rx’d- 373
    17 pts less than a few weeks ago 🙁 Box jumps were terrible and just couldn’t push myself hard enough today.
    I really hate doing worse on stuff…but I guess on the bright side, I remember watching a girl get the same score as I did today and being absolutely amazed and thinking it was so unattainable, so I feel pretty great about being able to do the same thing that I was so impressed by just a year ago, especially when I wasn’t at my best at all this morning. Next time my goal is 400+!

• Jaime says:

Today’s WOD as Rx’d – 6:15
      Did it w noon class and definitely still have the metal mouth thing goin on. Now time to rest up for Lincoln 🙂

11. Lauren says:

Cleans & DU’s in the same week? I am truly being punished. How about I just do 175 push ups instead? BTW great job on FGB everyone. Can’t wait 2 give it a whirl tomorrow.

So Bobby literally got EIGHT people at CrossFit 515 to do their first muscle up in the last TWO weeks…and one of them who was visiting for the week from out of town gave Bobby a Missouri PD patch to show his appreciation – pretty awesome! The best part about all this is that Bobby never takes any of the credit for himself for teaching them – the accomplishment is all theirs. The mark of a truly great coach, if you ask me. Sorry Bobby but I had to brag for you.

Today’s WOD as Rx’d – 4:47