7/28/11

12-9-6 rep Rounds For Time:
Squat Clean & Jerks (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)
Muscle Ups (3x PU’s/Dips) (with Band)

July “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for July

–  Yoder – 1st Rope Climb
–  Meghan – Kipping HSPU
–  Teresa – Kipping HSPU
–  Jen – Kipping HSPU
–  Jodi – Kipping HSPU
–  Meghan – 10 Consecutive Double Unders (12)
–  Will – 205# Snatch!
-  Ben & Bart – 7/6/11 Platinum WOD as Rx’d
-  Laura – 1st Strict HSPUs
-  Amber – 1st Kipping Pullup
-  Justin – 135# Squat Snatch (also did 140#)
–  Lindsay – Bar Muscle Up
–  Frankie – 6 Consecutive Bar Muscle Ups

–  Jaime – 1st Strict Muscle Up

27 Responses to 7/28/11

1. JaimeLM says:

Last night, “Jeremy” as Rx’d- 3:55 (previous time 5:17 on 5/3/11) Great race, Z, thanks for doing that w me!

Off to CA for the Games…so excited to watch my mom compete!! I’ll try to keep everyone updated all weekend 🙂

2. Adam P says:

Today’s wod with 115 lbs for the clean and jerks = 10:33

3. John Jackovin says:

An accomplishment I completed my first WOD as Rx’d that included MU’s. Took me 35 mins, but I did it. Just have to work to string multiple MU’s together. My wrists are nicely tore up.

Yesterday AM: ’09 Games Couplet – 21:22 – Back spasms galore!
    Yesterday PM: 3 rounds run 800, rest two minutes (2:29,7:04,11:48) – rest two minutes after last 800 then Grace (4:41)

Today AM: Active Rest Day WOD – 4:27
    3 rounds:
    15 weighted GHD (25# plate)
    30 Double Unders

Yesterday’s WOD:
    Three rounds for time of:
    Run 800 meters
    Rest 2 minutes

2:38 – 7:21 – 12:18

6. Bart says:

2011 Crossfit Games 1st event announced:

Black wod rx’d – 17:55. Bad idea for my shoulder! Glad I wont have this one hanging over my head to make up though.

Laura – AMAZING job with the MUs this morning! Way to stick it out and do the whole wod rx’d! Impressive. John and Brian too 🙂

2011 CF Games pool:
    – $10 to enter. Winner take all.
    – Pick 3 men and 3 women (not masters). You do not need to rank them 1, 2, 3 – just make 3 male selections and 3 female selections. Also, pick one team (this will be used if a tiebreaker is necessary). Athlete profiles can be found at http://games.crossfit.com/finals/competitors
    – Scoring will be based on your 6 athletes’ overall ranks at the end of the competition. Lowest score wins. (i.e. if my male athletes come in 4th, 7th, 10th and my female athelets are 1st, 2nd, 4th, then my score is 28)
    – Get your PICKS AND MONEY to Justin or me (preferably me – I’m more responsible) by Thursday evening or you will NOT be eligible to win.
    – To keep athlete picks somewhat annonymous until the competition starts (avoid copying), please email your picks to me at noycela@gmail.com or write them down at the gym and give them to me, Jaime, or Justin. Friday morning, I will post everyone’s selections here, and I will post updates of standings after each wod this weekend.

• Lindsay says:

I have picks from Bart, Jaime, and Jim so far.

Event 1 was announced, and it starts at 7:00 a.m. pacific (9:00 a.m. central tomorrow). If you want to enter the pool, get your picks and money to me by tomorrow morning before event 1 starts.

9. Meghan McCoy says:

Todays WOD 40:39 85# squat clean and jerks, with band dips (still working on the July goal of one dip!!!!!)

This one was a struggle for me but I am supper pumped I did the 85# and didn’t chicken out and go less weight. Thanks Z for cheering me on and for the pointers on the jerks it helped a lot!

“Hotel WOD”
    For Time:
    100 Dumbbell Hang Squat Clean Thrusters (35#)
    *5 Burpees on the minute every minute

As Rx’d – 8:59, felt pretty good considering how crappy I’ve felt from sitting all day yesterday

Did this in the hotels 10’x12′ workout area, was confined to 5’x5′ open floor, with my mom holding the timer up 2 feet in front of me, was terrified I would drop the dumbbells or throw them into the mirror literally inches in front of me, and then trying not to flop on top of the English guy stretching on the floor 3 feet behind me on my burpees.
    CrossFit really can be done anywhere 🙂 and after I got done my mom and I talked to the English guy about CrossFit for a good 15-20 minutes (after he informed us he thought I was going to die), it was a good morning! Miss the gym though

11. Bart says:

“Nasty Girls” as Rx’d – 5:48. Goal was to get under 6:00 so feel pretty good about this.

“Nasty Girls” Rx’d – 16:52

Lots of standing and staring at the rings. I did four consecutive MU’s to start and then they just failed to work for me. I think I actually got worse at them on this WOD. Everything else was good.

13. Heather Spivey says:

Good Luck Shelley! You’re going to do great!