7/19/11

NO COMPLAINING (THE MAN DIED FOR YOU)

Manion

Seven rounds for time of:

Run 400 meters
Back squat, 29 reps (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)

Post time to comments.

July “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for July

–  Yoder – 1st Rope Climb
–  Meghan – Kipping HSPU
–  Teresa – Kipping HSPU
–  Jen – Kipping HSPU
–  Jodi – Kipping HSPU
–  Meghan – 10 Consecutive Double Unders (12)
–  Will – 205# Snatch!
-  Ben & Bart – 7/6/11 Platinum WOD as Rx’d
-  Laura – 1st Strict HSPUs
-  Amber – 1st Kipping Pullup
-  Justin – 135# Squat Snatch (also did 140#)
–  Lindsay – Bar Muscle Up
–  Frankie – 6 Consecutive Bar Muscle Ups

17 Responses to 7/19/11

1. Adam P says:

Manion with 115lbs (still hurting from the Hawkeye WOD) = 26:20. I tried to keep my 400’s around 1:45 so that I could take my time on the squats. That didn’t seem to help much.

2. John Jackovin says:

My legs were OK but my back was aching. Did Manion in 30:59 as Rx’d. Never thought my back would be the part to tire out first. Glad that one is done for the day. I think I just now stopped sweating from that workout.

Last night, Barbara rx’d – 35:07. Not a PR 🙁 .. I must have cheated when I did this in November

Today, Manion rx’d – 33:32. So sick of squats! Good luck to anyone that does that workout this afternoon in the heat!

Manion Black Rx’d – 26:26

Felt good about this one, squads felt good. Heat and humidity already disgusting this morning. Feel for the afternoon classes.

Manion Black Rx’d – 31:25.

Barbara – 32:33
    Splits:
    2:57
    3:26
    4:17
    4:12
    5:41

Not too ecstatic about this, think I can do a lot better. Definately hit an ugly wall in the 3rd – 5th round. This one was a lot more brutal than I expected.

“Barbara” Rx’d – 28:14

This one was fine goin into the fourth round, then it really started to make me want to vomit. By the fifth round of sit-ups I was taking little breaks to avoid the puking….then I think I took a short nap on the floor…then I got a headache…..it took me twenty minutes to recover from this WOD.

“Barbara” as Rx’d – 38:33
    First time doing Barbara and I totally agree with Justin & Billy – that was a horrific workout! I hate pushups 🙁

Going to do “Manion” later today…just going to keep reminding myself of Bobby’s words of wisdom on the post today!

• Jaime says:

“Manion” as Rx’d – 32:26
      Started off cleaning the bar up to my back for squats because there were so many people at noon class and not enough racks. Then when a rack opened up, I decided this was excellent incentive to continue to do my squats unbroken. Wow, it’s HOT…thought I was gonna “beat CrossFit” in rounds 6 and 7!

Thank you First Lieutenant Travis Manion – must have been one tough dude.

Did “Barbara” last night with Lindsay – 24:46 (PR by 44 sec), I still don’t like push ups

Today did “Manion” as Rx’d – 24:48 (did it all unbroken, might have been able to go a little faster but I decided I would before I started, and it definitely made it SUCK that much more)

RIP Manion

Barbara Rx’d – 31:38 total – minus the 12 mins of rest – 19:38
    Splits:
    3:09
    3:26
    4:10
    4:26
    4:27

11. Dawn Rodish says:

Yes – Manion is one tough dude Jaime! I whimped and did rowing and it took me forever – but I finished! I love CrossFit515….

12. Jeremy Yoder says:

Manion – RX – 108 degrees outside….34:34…..closest I have come to a pukie in a long time….

13. kylie says:

manion 27:52 @ noon was not alright. saved time definitely by rowing, if I would have ran. might as well add 5-6 minutes. haha