7/12/11

For time:
21 Strict Pull-ups (Kipping) (with band)
21 Nose to floor Handstand Push-ups (Head to floor or kipping) (feet on box)
18 Strict Pull-ups (Kipping) (with band)
18 Nose to floor Handstand Push-ups (Head to floor or kipping) (feet on box)
15 Strict Pull-ups (Kipping) (with band)
15 Nose to floor Handstand Push-ups (Head to floor or kipping) (feet on box)
12 Strict Pull-ups (Kipping) (with band)
12 Nose to floor Handstand Push-ups (Head to floor or kipping) (feet on box)
9 Strict Pull-ups (Kipping) (with band)
9 Nose to floor Handstand Push-ups (Head to floor or kipping) (feet on box)
6 Strict Pull-ups (Kipping) (with band)
6 Nose to floor Handstand Push-ups (Head to floor or kipping) (feet on box)
3 Strict Pull-ups (Kipping) (with band)
3 Nose to floor Handstand Push-ups (Head to floor or kipping) (feet on box)

July “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for July

–  Yoder – 1st Rope Climb
–  Meghan – Kipping HSPU
–  Teresa – Kipping HSPU
–  Jen – Kipping HSPU
–  Jodi – Kipping HSPU
–  Meghan – 10 Consecutive Double Unders (12)
–  Will – 205# Snatch!
-  Ben & Bart – 7/6/11 Platinum WOD as Rx’d
-  Laura – 1st Strict HSPUs
-  Amber – 1st Kipping Pullup

24 Responses to 7/12/11

1. Adam P says:

Black WOD as RX’d = 19:14. If only they were all body weight wods…..

2. John Jackovin says:

Opposite feeling than Adam. Took me about 30 minutes more than him. That is just an insane number of HSPU’s. I pushed through despite taking over 48 minutes. Oh well, practice is what I need on those and it will hopefully get easier over time.

3. Bart says:

Came back last night and did the 100 BW squats for time –
    Bodyweight 192.5lbs
    Squat Weight 195lbs
    Time – 8:36

Black WOD as RX’d = 38:17

WOW! strict HSPU’s suck…they pretty much force you to do a negative on the way down or risk smashing your nose!

Since I didn’t have two plus hours this morning to do this workout I made up yesterdays main site WOD:
    Snatch one rep on the minute every minute for 15 mins – Post highest and lowest load: 135#-105#

FINALLY got my 135# squat snatch and after the workout got 140#. July goal accomplished and closer to my summer goal of completing Amanda Rx’d.

Then did Annie with Z – 5:38 (over 1:20 PR from December).

Today’s wod – 34:38. Did strict pull ups, the first 32 HSPUs were strict to an ab-mat, then got frustrated with staring at the wall and the rest were kipping.
    Then
    Annie rx’d – 6:57, far from my PR of 5:13 🙁 Double unders went horribly, and sit ups were killing me. Not a good way to finish off 5 days on in a row.

Todays WOD – 38:59 (Kipping HSPUs and kipping pull ups)
    Didn’t think I had that 84th HSPU in me. After failing only twice on the first 83, it took me 4 attempts to get number 84.

Today’s WOD Rx’d – 27:53

9. Meghan McCoy says:

Today’s WOD 24:46 kipping pull ups (15 unbroken July goal is 20) then kipping hspu until my head started pounding and so I went with 2 ab mats which was super disappointing! Looking forward to doing strict ones so I don’t have to pound my head to the ground every time.

Today’s WOD – 29:18, strict pull-ups / strict (ugly) HSPUs w/ 2 abmats

Black WOD as Rx’d – 31:32, wish I had Lindsay’s schnawz for this one 🙂

12. Bart says:

Black WOD as Rx’d – 17:50

13. Ben says:

rx’d 27:17? i believe that was correct. tough one for sure.