6/30/11

KING KONG

3 Rounds For Time:

1 Deadlift (455/315) (Use about 90% of your 1RM)

2 Muscle Ups (6 Pull-Ups/6 Ring Dips) (with Bands)

3 Squat Cleans (250/150) (Use about 90% of your 1RM)

4 Handstand Push Ups (Ab-Mat Under Head) (Feet on Box)

Yes, this is Frankie’s 11 year old little sister Darbi SHOWING UP BOBBY on his Handstand Walk Marker Trick!!!!!!!

June “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for June

–  Meghan – BEAT Bobby in Soccer WOD!!!
–  Adam S. – 1st Rope Climb
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 4 Squares (16 feet)
–  Ash – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Jaime – Successfully Completed the Ultimate Athlete Challenge!
–  Mr. & Mrs. Justin Vaught!!!
–  Fred – 10 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Billy – Mile Run in 4:29!
–  Meghan – 10 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Todd – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Fred – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Adam S. – 7 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Janet – 4 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Bobby – Rope Muscle Up
–  Bobby – Backward Roll to Support on the Rings
–  Jim – BIG BOY workout as Rx’d (aka rx’dn it!)
–  Mike – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Max – 5 Pull Ups with the Blue Band!
–  Lance – Strict Muscle Ups!!
–  Bobby – 501 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Adam S. – 50 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Brian K. – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!
–  Teague – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!
–  Jeremy – 350# Deadlift
–  Jim – 20 Unbroken Pull Ups
–  Frankie – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!

18 Responses to 6/30/11

I will be coming up with a new challenge for you Darbi 😉

Wow, now that Filthy Fifty video was some excellent camera work …Just ignore the DU counting thou, haha!

3. Adam P says:

15 pushups
    15 situps
    Run 200m
    9 KB swings
    9 pushups
    9 situps

Still trying to keep it light and let my back heal. Looking forward to giving a very scaled King Kong a go when I get back rollin…

Bartacus wod (same as Justin) – 10:25

800m Run – 30 Squat Snatch @ 115# – 800m Run – 20:55

I actually did 30 REAL squat snatches! For me this workout was really about getting this movement down…and it felt really good to finally get it!! Thanks for the help Jaime!!

Congrats to the 0730 class on the rope climb challenge WOD…it was a fun team event!

800m Run – 30 Squat Snatch @ 135# – 800m Run – 31:20

I as well actually did 30 REAL squat snatches! – For me this WOD wasn’t about the time, it was about getting true/low squat snatches with 135#, and it felt good…even though I failed on well over half my attempts (hence the 31 + time frame).

Thanks Jamie for the coaching and advice to help me actually receive the bar in the bottom position. I definitely enjoy completing a WOD more when I complete it the right way as Rx’d verses just trying to do it as fast as possible with poor form/range of motion.

8. Bart says:

Did the 20 Minute AMRAP of 7HSPU’s and 12 L Pullups – 12 Rounds + 9 Reps. Looking forward to the Filthy Fifty tonight.

“King King” w 150# cleans – 22:27
    This was one of my goals for June (last day!) and I was super happy to get the other 3 parts Rx’d, although they were definitely 3 of the ugliest deadlifts EVER, but they count!

Great job this am Billy and Ash! Even thou I’d love to take credit as your substitute teacher (haha), I didn’t do much, it was all u guys. It was really Suawesome to see the light bulb go on for both of you…”oh, that’s why we squat… it actually does make easier when u get under the bar” Ding! 🙂

U guys inspired me to do that WOD too after lunch class (in the 110 heat index, I might add- ouch)
    800m run- 30 squat snatch @ 95# -800m run -13:49
    Thanks for the encouragement Will, Ben, and of course, Charli!

Will, hope to see you at the BBQ tomorrow……I will be bringing some of the deviled eggs that you enjoyed so much before!

King Kong (90 % max)
    335# DL / 165# squat clean
    Sub’d 6 MU progressions
    HSPU w/abmat

12:24

Everyone have a great 4th of July, I’m off for a week on family vacation.