6/24/11

WOD

For time:
Run 800 meters
Clean and Jerk, 30 reps
Run 800 meters

Keegan Martin 11:04 at 135lbs (age 17), Alyssa Ross 13:37 at 95lbs (age 17).
Post load and total time to comments.

June “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for June

–  Meghan – BEAT Bobby in Soccer WOD!!!
–  Adam S. – 1st Rope Climb
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 4 Squares (16 feet)
–  Ash – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Jaime – Successfully Completed the Ultimate Athlete Challenge!
–  Mr. & Mrs. Justin Vaught!!!
–  Fred – 10 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Billy – Mile Run in 4:29!
–  Meghan – 10 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Todd – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Fred – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Adam S. – 7 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Janet – 4 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Bobby – Rope Muscle Up
–  Bobby – Backward Roll to Support on the Rings
–  Jim – BIG BOY workout as Rx’d (aka rx’dn it!)
–  Mike – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Max – 5 Pull Ups with the Blue Band!
–  Lance – Strict Muscle Ups!!
–  Bobby – 501 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Adam S. – 50 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Brian K. – 1st Muscle Up EVER!!!

28 Responses to 6/24/11

Regionals wod 1 – 12:27 … struggled with the hspus more than I should have. I think a lot of it was mental to delay getting on the stupid rower.

Nice job on this one, Jaime! I’m already accepting ultimate defeat because I figured I pretty much had to beat you at wod 1 in order to have any chance of beating you overall. I think my only chance is injury … are you wearing heals today?

• Jaime says:

Hahahaha, sorry no heals today….seriously thou, don’t jinx me 😉 Thanks, good job too!

• Lindsay says:

Thruster ladder – 115 (5# pr). Was kinda close to getting 125. Just happy to not get hypothetically DQed on this one 🙂

2. John Jackovin says:

That 17 yr old has got nothing on THIS old guy. Did the workout as rx’d in 10:43 with 155lbs for the c&j’s. I felt pretty good on this one. Ran a good first 800 and likely could have gone up another 10-20lbs on the c&j portion. Last 800 was tough, but the last 200 I felt pretty fast.

WOD Rx’d @135# – 11:57

interesting this was the first time doing “Grace” inside this WOD. I did the C&J in 6:00, so pretty happy about that.

Regionals WOD 1 – 15 HSPUs at time cap (15:00) and 29:20 overall. I wish I could bitch and complain that it just wasn’t my day on HSPUs but sadly thats about as good as it gets. I think its about time I stop neglecting them…they definately aren’t going anywhere

Today’s WOD Rx’d – @ 155# – 10:35

Not the workout I wanted to do after having done “Daniel” yesterday, but I actually felt better than I thought I would on this one!

Today’s WOD Rx’d – @ 155# – 13:44

7. John Jackovin says:

Glad I did 155# and didn’t wimp out at 135# like I wanted to. 155# seems to be the standard.

Regionals WOD 1 – 11:23
    Even thou they got a little harder than I expected them to, I liked this one much better with kipping HSPUs…took me 20:35 last month when I did it with strict.

• Jaime says:

Regionals WOD 2 (Thruster Ladder) – got up to 150#!!!
      The other 2 times I did this I failed at 150, so I’m super excited 🙂

• Shelley says:

Yep, those “bikers” had good reason to be afraid of you this weekend (haha).
        Nice job on both WODs!

• Jim says:

Well done, Jaime!! Now I need to try it again.

• Justin says:

Whoa, awesome!

• John Jackovin says:

No idea what this is, but based on the responses I should say “Whoa” and “Nice job”, so “Whoa, nice job!”

• Jaime says:

Thanks everyone! Been a good day 🙂 I would ‘hypothetically’ be in 3rd place by 1 pt after the first day…w lots of tough wods to go of course, but still pretty cool.

John, this is the Thruster Ladder:
          20 sec to take barbell from ground, then perform one thruster at weight. 10 sec to transition to next barbell.

Women:
          105, 115, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160, 165, 170, 175, 180, 185

9. Will says:

Once again, my scheduled lifting day isn’t cooperating with the WOD. Did 3×5 squats yesterday before the squat/T2B/KBS WOD and doing 3×5 shoulder press today.

Oh well, constantly varied and all that stuff.

10. Fred says:

WOD Rx’d @135 – 16:17
    included a 6:09 “Grace” – 1st attempt for me

11. Jeremy Yoder says:

Todays WOD – with 135# – 10:52 (Grace was 3:14! which is a 12 second PR!)
    Then made another attempt at my 350 lb Deadlift goal and got it! 15# PR

Regional Wod 2 – Thruster Ladder
    Got 170#…then waited a couple minutes and got 175# and 180#. feel pretty good about it considering I was worried I wouldn’t get 155#. I’m still in the game and holding down last place in the imaginary competition! Booyah!