6/17/11

Clean and Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps (7×1)

THEN………….

YOU CHALLENGE

12 min AMRAP:
5 Clean and Jerks (155/105) (105/75) (75/45)
7 burpees
9 Front Squats from the ground (155/105) (105/75) (75/45)

June “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for June

–  Meghan – BEAT Bobby in Soccer WOD!!!
–  Adam S. – 1st Rope Climb
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 4 Squares (16 feet)
–  Ash – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Jaime – Successfully Completed the Ultimate Athlete Challenge!
–  Mr. & Mrs. Justin Vaught!!!
–  Fred – 10 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Billy – Mile Run in 4:29!
–  Meghan – 10 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Todd – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Fred – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Adam S. – 7 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Janet – 4 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Bobby – Rope Muscle Up
–  Bobby – Backward Roll to Support on the Rings
–  Jim – BIG BOY workout as Rx’d (aka rx’dn it!)
–  Mike – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Max – 5 Pull Ups with the Blue Band!
–  Lance – Strict Muscle Ups!!
–  Bobby – 501 Consecutive Double Unders

28 Responses to 6/17/11

1. Adam P says:

Clean and Jerk’s are not my friend – 135, 145, 155(f), 155, 160(f), 160(f), 160(f). It was a very humbling experience working next to Jaime. I know not to do that anymore.

• Jaime says:

Haha, thanks Adam. Next time we can do pullups and pushups next to each other and that will make you feel better 😉

2. John Jackovin says:

Worked my way up to 235lbs on clean and jerk which was 10lbs better than the last time I did cleans (no jerk). I struggled a couple times on the jerk, but after 2 fails I got it up on try #3.

Then I did the workout as Rx’d 4 rounds and 3 burpees.

• Jaime says:

John, you’re a beast! “Too strong for your own good” – as Justin put it. You should NOT be able to do what you did, haha! My new goal is to teach you how to split jerk 🙂

C&J – 155-165-175(f)-175(f)-175-180 (5# Jerk PR)-185(f) sooo close to getting 185 it was frustrating. WILL get it next time and now submitting a summer goal of getting >200# over my head…

YOU challenge as Rx’d – 2 rds + 1 FS 🙁 The heavier C&J definately took their toll. Heavy barbell fun is definately a weakness of mine so today was beneficial…but not very fun

C&J: 105-115-120-125-130-135 (PR by 15#) -140 (Clean PR by 10#, failed on the jerk). It was a good day 🙂 … until YOU challenge wod – as rx’d 4 rounds + 1 c&j. Those front squats were killer.

C&J: 105-125-135-145-150-155-160 (15# C&J PR, 10# Clean PR)
    One of my super lofty goals I made for Feb 2012 was to get 175 above my head from the ground; I actually feel this might be do-able after today!!

You Challenge as Rx’d: 5 rounds + 3 front squats

6. Tara says:

Awesome Job Z! I used to think I could get within 10#s of you on these and I’d be happy to maintain that but now I have a TON of ground to make up on C&J when I return. You are getting better and better at the heavy weights! NICE WORK!

• Lindsay says:

Thanks, Tara! I’m starting to actually like the heavy barbell stuff. Lots of room for improvement on technique though. Good luck on your triathlons! Can’t wait to have you back at the gym!!

C&J – 155, 185, 205, 215(f), 215(f), 215(f), 205(f)

Getting 205 is a new PR for me. I couldn’t quite get 215 high enough to clean it. 2 more inches and I think I’ll have it. On my last attempt of 205 I cleaned it…then when I went to do the jerk I hit myself in the chin! I tried to put it up a second time, but I was done.

C&J – 155, 185, 205, 215(f), 215, 220(f), 220 PR!

I felt pretty good today. 220 is a PR and I’m for sure going to get 225 + next time we do max Clean and Jerks.

I really enjoy these types of lifts and I believe they are a true measure of functional strength.

Pick up the weight and put it over your head – u can’t get more caveman than that!

Gymnastic WOD from last week at lunch – 12:22. And then I did 3 Muscle-Ups 🙂 Not sure why I didn’t try for the 4th (my June goal), oh well next time.

BTW, awesome job on 75 95# Overhead Squats today, Lance. Couldn’t do 1 at 95# like 2 months ago, right?! I’d say it’s been a good week for you…in fact, it’s been a good week for lots of people!!

10. Bart says:

Well, finished my 10th workout and 5th day in a row today with “Nancy”. Feeling a little beat up but managed to finish it in 12:15. Looking forward to meeting up with Ash, Billy, Justin, and Bobby tonight and then taking the entire weekend to recuperate.

11. Jeremy Yoder says:

Again…another WOD it looked like I would enjoy 🙁

CK levels checked a 2nd time today and they are at 1516 down from about 2700 Wednesday…..that means that by Monday or Tuesday I should be cleared to workout!!! 🙂

In the meantime…..Sitting on my butt WOD – RX – All day long