6/16/11

Nancy

5 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
15 Overhead squats (95/65) (65/45) (45/25)

Post time to comments.

Compare to 12/6/10

June “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for June

–  Meghan – BEAT Bobby in Soccer WOD!!!
–  Adam S. – 1st Rope Climb
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 4 Squares (16 feet)
–  Ash – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Jaime – Successfully Completed the Ultimate Athlete Challenge!
–  Mr. & Mrs. Justin Vaught!!!
–  Fred – 10 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Billy – Mile Run in 4:29!
–  Meghan – 10 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Todd – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Fred – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Adam S. – 7 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Janet – 4 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Bobby – Rope Muscle Up
–  Bobby – Backward Roll to Support on the Rings
–  Jim – BIG BOY workout as Rx’d (aka rx’dn it!)
–  Mike – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Max – 5 Pull Ups with the Blue Band!
–  Lance – Strict Muscle Ups!!
– Bobby – 501 Consecutive Double Unders

22 Responses to 6/16/11

Nancy Rx’d – 11:35
    8:32 PR from December. First time ever doing unbroken sets of OH squats for the entire workout. Twas a good morning 😉

Nancy rx’d – 11:32, PR by 1:28 🙂 Really happy about this, especially because I know I did all the OHS unbroken when I did it in December.

Awesome job this morning, Justin! Your improvement on OHS is CRAZY. Unfortunately for you, however, not quite crazy enough to beat me. BOOM!

Nancy as rx’d – 16:00 This was my first time doing Nancy so happy to be able to tackle it as rx’d. I was able to do all the OH squats unbroken now just need to get quicker at them and of course quicker at running.
    Lance and Bobby, IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

“Nancy” as Rx’d – 9:25, really happy about this, felt smooth and easy actually!

9/6/10 – 10:43
    12/6/10 – 10:14
    6/16/11 – 9:25

Every time I have done this one I thought I destroyed it and could never do better…..I LOVE CROSSFIT!!!!

“Nancy” as R’xd – 11:49 (PR by 5:01 from my time in Sept)

Bobby’s comment when Meghan asked me how it went this morning was “I think she would be REALLY happy with it if she hadn’t lost to her sister.” Um yep, he speaks the truth..haha. Great job on this one, Z!! Next time 🙂

• Lindsay says:

hahaha, always good to have someone right at your same pace for the push, and better to be the one that wins 😉

6. Meghan McCoy says:

Nancy

55# 13:59

Should have sucked it up and R’xd it! Bart and Jaime and so right if you can do it, do it no matter how long it takes dont worry guys I wont ignore the advice next time:)

• Jeremy Yoder says:

Nice job on Nancy today everybody!! Was looking forward to a PR on this one since my last RX time was over 14 min…but it looks like I will be out of commission for awhile 🙁

After injuring my Abdominals with the weighted GHD’s the other day I should have taken the day off yesterday…instead I ran a 5k and did 100 Ring Rows….yesterday my pain was REALLY bad so I went to the Dr. and got the bad news……

CK count is over 11x what it should be (2700) and my pee is brown…..diagnosis……Rabdo….

I have been ordered to do absolutely nothing and have to get rechecked daily till my CK count is below 250….. I will keep you guys posted on my progress…..

• Jen says:

Bummer, Yoder! You’ve been pushing yourself so hard, I guess this is your body’s way of saying to take a break 🙂

“Nancy” Rx’d – 12:59…
    My legs were/are really sore and I felt like I was running in slow motion – Not in the zone this morning – I know I can get alot better time on this one next time.

Sticking with the theme “Nancy,” I thought I would give my knee one more weekend to try to recover before I potentially go to the Dr. to see what is wrong with it.

5 Rounds of: 400m Run
    20 GHD’s
    13:56

9. John Jackovin says:

Been out of it since Monday. Looking forward to being back in Des Moines for tomorrow’s class.

10. Bart says:

Did “The Hundreds” WOD with Bobby – 36:00. All I can say is holy abs!!

• Billy says:

Worse on the abs than the upper body huh? I guess I’ll find out either tomorrow or Saturday…Nice work, it looks tuff.

• Jaime says:

Went to night class planning to do the gymnastics WOD from the other day and got talked into to “The Hundreds” WOD with Z…not quite the same! It’s all upper body at the beginning and all abs at the end. Thanks for being my partner on this, Z. That was rather ridiculous, but we did it!
        60:48

• Lindsay says:

And by “talked into it” she means I asked if she wanted to and she said “I was going to do the gymnastics wod but ok.”

Yes, that was ridiculous!