6/14/11

“Fran”

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
Thrusters (95/65) (65/45) (45/35)
Pull-ups (with Band)

Post time to comments.

Compare to 1/29/11

June “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for June

–  Meghan – BEAT Bobby in Soccer WOD!!!
–  Adam S. – 1st Rope Climb
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 4 Squares (16 feet)
–  Ash – 6 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Jaime – Successfully Completed the Ultimate Athlete Challenge!
–  Mr. & Mrs. Justin Vaught!!!
–  Fred – 10 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Billy – Mile Run in 4:29!
–  Meghan – 10 Consecutive Pull Ups
–  Todd – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Fred – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Adam S. – 7 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Janet – 4 Rope Climbs in a WOD
–  Bobby – Rope Muscle Up
–  Bobby – Backward Roll to Support on the Rings
–  Jim – BIG BOY workout as Rx’d (aka rx’dn it!)
–  Mike – 1st Rope Climb Ever
–  Max – 5 Pull Ups with the Blue Band!
–  Lance – Strict Muscle Ups!!

34 Responses to 6/14/11

1. Adam P says:

Fran = 4:18! 5 minute PR from last August!

“This stuff really works!”
    -Bobby Noyce

2. Bart says:

Last night came in and did:
    Grace – 1:59 (PR by 17 seconds)
    Don’t drop your baby – 8:24

Looking forward to giving Fran a go again today.

“Fran” as Rx’d – 3:59 (PR by 16 sec)

Wow Taylor, crazy watching you do “Small” this morning for you first ever Hero WOD and like 5th ever CrossFit WOD. I knew you could do it, but am still VERY impressed and amazed!! I hope you can move tomorrow 😉

And I have a mom that can do Fran in under 8:00! How cool is that?!?!?

Fran as rx’d – 4:07 … PR by 8 seconds, but not too happy. Thrusters went pretty well, but I could not get in a rhythm on kipping pull-ups. So priority / goal #1 for me now is to get stupid good at butterfly pull-ups.

Fran as rx’d: 6:20. A PR of 14 seconds. Kind of disappointed in myself. Thought I could break 6. Upset that I set the bar down twice during my round of 15. Need to be stronger in the head.

FRAN – 3:14

– Billy thanks for the FRAN OFF my friend!

Fran as Rx’d – 2:28 (PR by 2 seconds)
    Nailed my chin on my last pull-up in the 1st round, then I watched as blood rolled down my face the rest of the workout, and then I fell off the bar on my last pull-up AGAIN 🙁 Fran put up a fight with me today, to say the least.

Awesome job everyone this morning! It was really fun watching everyone kill this workout!

Oh our good friend Fran. We got along fairly well this morning – 3:55. Finally broke that 4 min mark. Great way to start a dreary tuesday. Below is my documented love affair with Fran:

7/20/10 – 8:07
    9/21/10 – 4:47
    1/29/11 – 4:28
    6/14/11 – 3:55

9. Will says:

2:35

Passed out and took a 15 minute nap on the gym floor afterward. Woke up, was super light-sensitive, and had the hiccups.

Fran does weird things to me.

10. Bart says:

Fran – 2:41. Over a minute PR from just a few months ago at the Arnold and over a 3 minute PR from the first time I did this at the beginning of the year. Thanks for the push Bobby and Will!

11. Jeremy Yoder says:

Fran – 6:34 – PR by 1:31 from January

Yesterday Back Squat x 3 – 135, 155, 185, 225, 245 – PR by 10#
    Dont Drop your Baby – 16:28 – My abs are STILL torn up from this

“Fran” Rx’d – 3:00

This one was fun, good work Ash!!!

“Badger” as Rx’d- 24:16 (PR by 12:23 from April 2010!)

Wow, what an awesome day at 515 today! Congrats to everyone who set PRs or had their first experience with Fran. CrossFit and the people at 515 continue to amaze me and I’m so thankful to get to be a part of it everyday, especially days like today 🙂

14. Meghan McCoy says:

First Fran!

Rx’d 13:24

I’m feeling a very strong PR coming next time:)

• Lindsay says:

YEA!!! So badass to be able to do Fran rx’d when you’re that new to crossfit. You are going to be a CF freak soon!

15. Pingback: 1/2/12 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa