5/26/11

Make Up/Challenge/Skill DAY

May “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for May
–  Kylie – 1st Kipping Pull Up EVER!!!
–  Mitch – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (42 min.)
–  Lance – 1st Rx’d Overhead Squat Workout (“Jeremy”)
–  Jaime – 2 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Mike – 5 Consecutive Kipping Pull Ups
-  Jaime – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (33:02)
-  Lance – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (28:23)
-  Ash – 4 Consecutive Muscle Ups
-  John – 1st Muscle Up Ever
–  Lance – Deadlift 585#
–  Bobby – Rainbow Back Squat (335#)
–  Abby & Olivia – 1st CrossFit Workout!
–  Meghan – 1st Pull-Up Ever!!
–  Beth – 1st Pull-Up Ever!!
–  Shelley – 65# Squat Snatch
–  Tara – 90# Squat Snatch
–  Fred – 135# Power Snatch

28 Responses to 5/26/11

Wow! Who are those sweaty, ripped, good looking guys!

2. Adam P says:

Worked on overhead squats today then did Karen = 5:32

“Helen” – 7:14
    (I’ve been wanting to do this one for a while.)

4. John Jackovin says:

Grace (I believe) in 3:05.

Regional WOD #6 – 17:57

Need lots of work on toes to bar.

6. Mitch says:

“Pepa” Results
    1. James Q. 4:05
    2. Gretch 4:29
    3. Lipps 4:40
    4. Samantha 5:16
    5. Mitch (Visiting from CrossFit 515 in Des Moines, IA) 5:26

Represented 515 at Crossfit Northstar in Apple Valley, MINUTE yesterday, must’ve been an off day for them, if I made the top 5.

Regional “chipper” WOD 11.6 – 13:07

8. Brad says:

Oh, no classes…should have looked at the website first.
    Good luck in the chi!

9. Adam P says:

At home WOD today (05/27/11)= AMRAP for 20 min
    3 HSPU’s
    6 ‘Chair Dips”
    12 Squats
    24 Crunches
    = 14 rounds + 2 HSPU’s

Team 515 on wod 1: 24:19 … Puts us in 4th or 5th after one event

Bobby on wod 1: 11:20 … he struggled with the hspu. He will crush it from here on out!

Jaime up next on thrusters

Jaime thrusters – 145
    Will thrusters – 225
    Bobby thrusters – 185

Team 515 tied for 6th after day 1. Tomorrow’s workouts should be good for us. We need to be in the top ten after tomorrow to move on to Sunday and top 3 after Sunday to make it to the games.

Bobby is gearing up for his comeback tomorrow.

No live streaming of the event 🙁 Should be some cool videos on games.crossfit.com each day though

Jaime and Bart got 9:26 on wod 3 this morning and took 8th place on that workout. Bobby got 5:20 on wod 3, about 1:30 faster than his practice of wod 3 last week!

The team got 27:05 on wod 4. Not sure what place we took in that, but pretty positive we secured a spot in the top 10 and get to come back tomorrow!

Bobby is preparing to DOMINATE wod 4 in about an hour and a half

14. Janet Jennings says:

Lindsay – thanks for the updates. We are rooting for all of you and keep checking for updates since the crossfit games website is really slow in posting anything. Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!

Bob and Janet

Team is 8th overall going into day 3…11 points out of 3rd, but looking good for tomorrow 🙂 Bobby was awesome in WOD 4 and took 3rd overall with a time of 18:49!! Thanks for all the support, we have lots of pics and videos to share when we get back.

16. Meghan McCoy says:

Way to go Team 515 and Bobby! Keep it up! Good luck tomorrow I know you guys will dominate and bring it home:)

17. Meghan McCoy says:

Also our boy Bart made the recap video from day 1:)

Wod 5 this morning, team Amanda – Will and I got 16:56, third overall in that workout and only team in our heat to finish the workout. Wod 6 starting soon. We are too far behind to make top three, but hoping to move up in the rankings!

Great day for Team 515! We again won our heat for WOD 6 and finished 4th overall in that WOD with a time of 16:58. The team ended up in 7th place for the whole weekend.
    It was a great weekend and the amazing group of people from 515 did such a good job representing our gym…in both their workout performances and attitudes! I’m so proud of everyone. Thank u so much for all the support from back in Iowa as well.
    So I guess it’s about time to start preparing for next year’s Games 🙂 …well that and cheering on Shelley this year in July!!!

Congrats to Team 515 this weekend! They did an amazing job, representing the gym as well as anyone possibly could, and showed how gifted of athletes they each are! I was honored to be associated!

I will be at the gym for a bit in the morning on Monday. If anyone would like to come workout at 8:30 am you are welcome to join me. Training starts tomorrow 🙂

21. Jodi says:

Nice job everyone!!! You guys are our idols – those that we strive to be every day at the gym! Way to make us proud! All I have to say is next year anyone that competes against you is IN TROUBLE!!! 🙂

Hats off to everyone at 515 that competed…pretty good overall placement for a small CF box in little old Des Moines that just got started last year…top 10 in the world’s toughest Region says alot!

Hats off to Bobby too, awesome job man! Many said the – 100+100+100+100 WOD was the hardest workout at the Regional and you finished 3rd on that one…that also says alot!

– On another note – I did FRAN this morning at home – 3:59; with regular (not bumper) weights and my pull-up bar that’s like 9,000ft in the air in my garage, so hopefully I can shave off some time next time I do it at 515.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day remembering those who paid the ultimate sacrifice to make America the Greatest Country on the plant! R.I.P to my good friend Nate Krissoff – lost but not forgotten, Brother.

23. Ben says:

I did hero WOD “Murph” today in honor of our fallen.

run 1 mile
    100 pull ups
    200 push ups
    300 squats
    run 1 mile

40:15

Well done Team 515 and Bobby. Amazing turnout. Very proud of your guys! Wish I could have been there, but I was stuck working for one of your team members so he could thrust 225lbs for you.