5/23/11

Seven rounds of:
35 Double-unders (3 x Singles)
1 Snatch (Clean)

Make one snatch attempt per round.

Kevin Montoya 4:18/1050lbs, Kristan Clever 6:45/1015lbs, Rebecca Voigt6:23/750lbs, Lindsey Valenzuela 8:32/960lbs.
Post time and total of all successful snatches to comments. Do not count missed reps.

May “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for May
–  Kylie – 1st Kipping Pull Up EVER!!!
–  Mitch – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (42 min.)
–  Lance – 1st Rx’d Overhead Squat Workout (“Jeremy”)
–  Jaime – 2 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Mike – 5 Consecutive Kipping Pull Ups
-  Jaime – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (33:02)
-  Lance – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (28:23)
-  Ash – 4 Consecutive Muscle Ups
-  John – 1st Muscle Up Ever
–  Lance – Deadlift 585#
–  Bobby – Rainbow Back Squat (335#)
–  Abby & Olivia – 1st CrossFit Workout!
–  Meghan – 1st Pull-Up Ever!!
–  Beth – 1st Pull-Up Ever!!

10 Responses to 5/23/11

Black WOD as Rx’d – 4:59/1085#

At first I warmed up to 155# and it felt easy, so I figured I would try 165# (my PR) in the workout. After failing 2 or 3 times I decided to start over and got all 7 lifts successfully at 155#. Not sure how to feel about this, all I know is my body is overtrained and needs lots of rest before this weekend.

Black WOD as Rx’d – 7:44/665#

My PR Snatch is 145# but I couldn’t even stick 135# today – so I just did the WOD at 95#:(

Then at noon – I ran a nice slow 5k with sore legs – 23:26

Black WOD as R’xd – 7:10/420#…used 105# (5# less than my PR) and failed on rounds 2, 4, and 6.

Black wod rx’d – 8:28/380#. Used 95# and failed 3 times. Then worked more on snatches and I’m actually starting too feel somewhat good with 95#. Team 515 better make it to Sunday so I can put my skills to the test!

Worked on my squat snatches this morning. Did one at 65lbs that actually elicited a “NICE…….NICE” from Bobby.

6. Jeremy Yoder says:

Double
    7:30a – Todays WOD with Singles….forced to learn to squat snatch today….thanks Bobby 🙂 Missed 3 of the 7 reps in the WOD for a score of – 8:23 / 380#

Noon – did “Josh” Hero WOD – 10:30
    21 OHS 95# / 42 Pull-Ups
    15 OHS / 30 PU
    9 OHS / 18 PU

7. Bart says:

Back is sore as hell today from the deadlift/box jump WOD yesterday. Did a light power snatch at 135lb for today. 5:37/945lbs.

8. John Jackovin says:

I need to be less of an ass-clown and learn to do some real weight in these snatches. I have it mastered with a 6oz PVC pipe however.

I ended up doing somewhere north of 8 rounds because I need practice at both double unders and snatch squats. My time and total weight were consequently completely irrelevant. I was sweating profusely so I have that going for me.

9. Ben says:

Black WOD rx’d 10:44 and 985#

not a good day for double unders. really struggled with those today for some reason.

10. Pingback: 11/3/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa