5/19/11

Weighted pull-ups 2-2-2-2-2-2-2 reps (7×2)

Michelle Kinney: 20-25-30-35-40-40-45lbs at 135lb BW.
Post loads and body weight to comments.

Then…………….

5 Rounds For Time:
8 Squat Snatches (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)
16 Pull-Ups (with Band)
24 Box Jumps (24/20) (20/12) (12/8)

May “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for May
–  Kylie – 1st Kipping Pull Up EVER!!!
–  Mitch – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (42 min.)
–  Lance – 1st Rx’d Overhead Squat Workout (“Jeremy”)
–  Jaime – 2 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Mike – 5 Consecutive Kipping Pull Ups
-  Jaime – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (33:02)
-  Lance – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (28:23)
-  Ash – 4 Consecutive Muscle Ups
-  John – 1st Muscle Up Ever
–  Lance – Deadlift 585#
–  Bobby – Rainbow Back Squat (335#)
–  Abby & Olivia – 1st CrossFit Workout!
–  Meghan – 1st Pull-Up Ever!!

24 Responses to 5/19/11

Apparently workouts will be released tomorrow, at least that is what the North East Regionals Facebook page says

2. John Jackovin says:

Worked up from 26lbs to 71lbs (failed on 88lbs). My weight is 240lbs. For a grand total of…a big fat dude (or 311lbs). Spend the next 30 minutes trying to figure out how to do a squat snatch and never made it to the “and then…” (ala Dude Where’s My Car?). However repeated failed attempts and sporadic successes wore me out a bit.

• Bobby says:

You really started to get the movement down this morning though, it really just takes some practice receiving that bar in the bottom over and over an over again before you can get even somewhat comfortable with it. Nice job, I was impressed, like I said it is by far the most technical movement we will ever do, and some people practice that movement and only that movement their entire lives and still work on their technique every day haha

• Jaime says:

I agree, John! For not even knowing what a squat snatch was when you walked in this morning 😉 – what you did was crazy impressive!!

• John Jackovin says:

Thanks to u both for the support. It feels good to have something to work towards.

WOD – “Navy” (95# Squat snatches) – 13:32

By far the best day I have ever had with squat snatches. June-ish goal is a 135# squat snatch…still a little ways away.

Jaime killed it today! Super impressive with the heavy weight…and making it look EASY!

Got up to 70# on the weighted pull-ups. Got 75# once then failed (didn’t get high enough) on the second rep. Bodyweight 122#
    then
    Christine (3 rds: 500m row, 12 BW deadlift [125#], 21 box jumps 20″): 10:14

Fun 5:30 class this morning! Awesome job on getting your first pull-up, Beth!

Bodyweight – 180#
    Pull Ups – 53-71-79-88-96-101(x1 and 15/16)-100

Then Black WOD as Rx’d – 12:43, heavy snatches are definitely a goat of mine but I think I have improved enough to be okay as long it doesn’t go heavier than 135 or 145.

Awesome job on snatches this morning Jaime and Justin, they looked like ‘real’ snatches rather than just big pulls from the floor, awesomeness!

6. Tara says:

Weighted Pull-Ups: 2 reps up to 55#, tried at 60# and only got 1.
    And then….
    Black WOD – not rx’d – did 75# snatches. I felt better than expected doing snatches so part of me wishes I tried a little heavier but overall I’m glad I stuck with 75# because it allowed me to chance to work on the movement at a heavier weight than I was used to. I think my time was 18:06.

Bodyweight – 190#
    Pull Ups – 53-71-80-85-90×1-09X1-100(f)

Bodyweight – 138#
    Pull Ups – 35-45-50-55-65-70-75-80 (15# PR over 1RM in January 🙂 )

Black WOD as R’xd – 17:15
    Thanks Bobby and Justin, my squat snatches DID actually feel like squat snatches!! And I felt so light on pullups to start with and then SO heavy at the end…both due to weighted pullups I’m sure, haha.

YAY for Beth, that is so AWESOME!! Fun morning 🙂

• Tara says:

Nice Job to you and Z on the weighted pull-ups! You both did awesome! And impressive on the 95# snatches! Nice work! 🙂

9. Jodi says:

25, 35, 45, 55 (f), 50 (1)
    4 rounds – 21 or 22 minutes (Had to go back to work! I hate it when work gets in the way of my work-outs!) 🙂 It KILLED me to just stop with 1 round left. I’d like to do this one again for all 5 rounds.

I am questioning these numbers so if anyone is at the gym, please verify!!! I had to leave so fast I forgot to look at the board before I left -sorry!

Info on regionals:
    First piece of information – Individuals and Teams will all complete 2 WODs on Friday, and 2 WODs on Saturday. The top 14 men/ladies and 10 teams will move on to complete 2 WODs on Sunday

Heads up that zappos.com just got a shipment of Inov-8’s in! Just ordered my red/white 195’s. For those that have never worn them before, you want to go down at least a half size for your normal shoe size.

12. Adam P says:

Pull ups – 80 – 88 – 93 1/2 – 98 1/2 – 102 1/2 – 102 1/2 – 105 (1 rep then fail)
    Body weight 156
    Re-tore my hands so I didn’t want to do more pull ups in the extra credit wod.

Weighted Pull-ups
    BW = 199#
    45,55,60,65,75,85,90(f) – (PR by 40# over 1 rep max from last time)

Then…
    17:41 (sub’d 95# Power Snatches)

Workouts just announced

15. Will says:

Let the strategizing begin…

16. Ben says:

WPU’s
    35, 45, 53, 65, 72 80, 90 (1) + 74/75

then did the WOD of:
    3rds for time
    21 front squats at 95#
    30 second handstand
    30 ghsu
    30 second handstand

17:30
    tried doing it rx’d with the 40 foot handstand walk, but no cigar.