5/18/11

Make Up/Challenge/Skill DAY

May “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for May
–  Kylie – 1st Kipping Pull Up EVER!!!
–  Mitch – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (42 min.)
–  Lance – 1st Rx’d Overhead Squat Workout (“Jeremy”)
–  Jaime – 2 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Mike – 5 Consecutive Kipping Pull Ups
-  Jaime – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (33:02)
-  Lance – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (28:23)
-  Ash – 4 Consecutive Muscle Ups
-  John – 1st Muscle Up Ever
–  Lance – Deadlift 585#
–  Bobby – Rainbow Back Squat (335#)
–  Abby & Olivia – 1st CrossFit Workout!
–  Meghan – 1st Pull-Up Ever!!

15 Responses to 5/18/11

1. Adam P says:

Cross Fit Total today – BS 275, SP 145, DL 355 = 775

2. John Jackovin says:

Brian and I ran a 5K in the dark. 21:49

3. Brian says:

5k with Jackovin 24:06. 30 sec PR! I’ll take any improvement when it comes to one of my many weaknesses! Nice work John! I tried to keep pace as long as I could. I got the feeling you were running slow for me on the first half!

• John Jackovin says:

Actually you seemed to have a very comfortable/fast pace. Having not run the course and too dark to see my progress I was trying to keep some in the tank. I didn’t want to think I was a mile in only to realize I was off. That was a fun run with all the winding paths through the woods. Have to try it again with my Minimus shoes.

• Brian says:

Obviously next time you’ll be under 20 mins for sure! I’ll do my best to keep up….. for the first mile! I new you were holding back! Your progress to date is amazing!

Yesterday’s WOD (minus the thrusters) – 8:52

I watched the YOU Challenge #1 WOD and it appears I did 12 burpees round one, 10 burpees on round two, and I did round number 6 twice? 6 extra OHS and 9 extra burpees probably didn’t help out my time too much…

Half the challenge in Crossfit is being able to count when ur tired.

• Lindsay says:

hahaha – that’s awesome! You obviously follow the golden rule of CrossFit: when you lose count, the next number is always one 🙂

6. Jodi says:

Goal for 2011 – muscle up! Worked on them today until my hands wouldn’t let me anymore (a.k.a. I turned into a weenie about them hurting). Fun class today – I learned all about new types of pull-ups. hahaha

7. Jeremy Yoder says:

Shoulder is all jacked up from yestday…took it easy today and just ran a 5k…..remembering why I am not a distance runner… 🙂
    28:08…..lots of room for improvement…I think I was passed by some forrest animals at one point 🙂

8. Ben says:

Thrusters 135, 185, 195, 205(f), 175, 185, 200

10, 9, 8, 7,….
    95lb OHS
    Bar facing burpees

11:56

I will have to say that this is the first OHS WOD that I have completed rx’d. Sooooooo not good at OHS.